Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Post by teach1coach2 »

Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50 has Marion Franklin winning by 5. Of course he had Tri-Valley winning last week and CalPreps had Athens winning.

I do not think Marion Franklin will try to grind out the clock like Tri-Valley. They will mostly run, but not try to eat up clock between plays by snapping near the end of the 25 second clock. With that said, I think this game will have more scoring than the TV-Athens game. I expect the game to be in the 70s or 80s. Mostly due to the fact that both teams should get a lot more snaps than a normal game and offenses fly up and down the field. I look for MF to get to the QB a good bit (maybe more than TV did), but unless they do it 3 plays in a row, Athens will move the ball down the field. If Marion Franklin avoids penalties and fumbles, I think they win. Unless MF uses it athletes and jams Athens receivers at the line successfully, Athens will stay close and wait for MF to make the needed mistakes for them to win. Certainly could happen. Good luck to both teams. I certainly wish the winner well in week 14.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I cannot pick a winner.
I want Athens to win, but I can't come out and say which team will win and stand by the decision lol.......

All I can say is Friday night I will be rooting for Athens. I will still be wearing my Orange and Brown but I will be cheering my butt off for the Bulldogs!!

I do have a sneaky feeling that this will be a very high scoring game. I hope the scoreboard operated can keep up.

Alumnus_Tigress
Waterboy

Post by Alumnus_Tigress »

Im rooting for my boys from Athens!! I'm going to go up early cause I like to eat out! Does the pizza crossing have tossed salad? Good luck to the Bulldogs!

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

So I'm not hearing back from any of the MF fans about the tailgate so it looks like it's not going to happen. With that being said, what's this Pizza Crossing you all speak of?

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

MFHS04 wrote:So I'm not hearing back from any of the MF fans about the tailgate so it looks like it's not going to happen. With that being said, what's this Pizza Crossing you all speak of?
http://www.pizzacrossing.com/Home_Page.php

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

The Millstone. Go to the Millstone! Pizza is good, Millstone is awesome! I don't work there, but I love to eat there. :) Just imagine a Ruby Tuesday, with better prices, and bbq ribs smoked for like 18 hours. Or a giant burger with bacon made on the grill. Makin' myself hungry. Gotta try the boneless wing appetizer too. It's enough for a meal. Spicy bbq isn't all that spicy, but good. Other options. Unless of course, it is pizza you want! Pizza Crossing is right on 93 in Logan, 2 buildings past the Police Station as coming from 33 heading North. Millstone is 664 exit, turn right (south) on 664, and make Right at Lake Logan Rd just down the hill. About one mile from there. If you see the Holiday Inn Express, it's there. Actually visible from 33, but must take exit 2 get there. It's also on the way home for the Marion Franklin ppl. However, it doesn't appear many are coming to this site.

Glad to see Athens/MF game in Logan. Looks like rain tho??

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

A lot of MF fans don't know about this site because the moderators in the other one will edit your post of you mention this one.

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

Agree with above poster Millstone BBQ is to die for.. Best eats in Logan.... Good enough that a guy from Athens will even make the drive to Logan just to eat. :122245 :122245

http://www.millstonebbq.com/

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

MFHS04 wrote:A lot of MF fans don't know about this site because the moderators in the other one will edit your post of you mention this one.
If you know the screen names of the MF fans you want to notify, just go to the other site and send them each a PM. That's how I found out about this site - I can't remember who it was, but I thought it was nice they sent the info to me, and here I am, good for 4 or 5 witty and insightful posts each year. :122245

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Get all the information you need on tomorrow night's game in the LoganFootball.com Media Guide.

Inside are team profiles, schedules, rosters, season stats, and projected starting line-ups for both Athens and Marion-Franklin.

You can find the media guide at www.loganfootball.com and clicking on the "Docs" tab. You can then download the PDF.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

I think a lot of people are expecting a high scoring game, which certainly is possible, but Marion Franklin does not have a very explosive offense compared to years past. They do have a pretty good defense though, which will probably be the best that Athens has faced this season.

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:I think a lot of people are expecting a high scoring game, which certainly is possible, but Marion Franklin does not have a very explosive offense compared to years past. They do have a pretty good defense though, which will probably be the best that Athens has faced this season.

MF's offense is not explosive.... that is true. They are still really good though. I think the reason people think it will be a high scoring game is because of the Athens defense... or lack there of? Nevertheless, I still don't think the score will be outrageously high. I think the MF defense is just that good. Looks like COLD rain tomorrow.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

Tonight on 970 WATH, 97.1 FM and 970wath.com it's our HS Football Preview show at 6:06. We will spend the hour looking at Athens-Marion Franklin and Trimble-Shadyside. You can call in with your thoughts or questions at 740-592-6646.

Also, at 8 on Power 105 and online at wxtq.com, it's our HS Football Coaches show with Athens HC Ryan Adams and Trimble HC Phil Faires.

You can listen to both on either the Power 105 smartphone app or the 970 WATH app.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

MFHS04 wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:I think a lot of people are expecting a high scoring game, which certainly is possible, but Marion Franklin does not have a very explosive offense compared to years past. They do have a pretty good defense though, which will probably be the best that Athens has faced this season.

MF's offense is not explosive.... that is true. They are still really good though. I think the reason people think it will be a high scoring game is because of the Athens defense... or lack there of? Nevertheless, I still don't think the score will be outrageously high. I think the MF defense is just that good. Looks like COLD rain tomorrow.
Agreed. Im rooting for MF. I would be going if the game was a little closer to Columbus.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

LoganLocos wrote:Get all the information you need on tomorrow night's game in the LoganFootball.com Media Guide.

Inside are team profiles, schedules, rosters, season stats, and projected starting line-ups for both Athens and Marion-Franklin.

You can find the media guide at http://www.loganfootball.com and clicking on the "Docs" tab. You can then download the PDF.
Very cool stuff, you can just print out your game program ahead of time. Thanks, LoganLocos!

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

I'm going to post two videos today... One now and one a little later. I've been slacking... lol. This first one is MFHS vs. Cols. Walnut Ridge. This game was broadcast on the CW Columbus.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.asp ... 8745e13b00

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

Wow! The WATH preview show is very fair and balanced!!! Great to hear!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully the rain stops by tomorrow night. Still sick after last weeks cold rain

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

MFHS04 wrote:Wow! The WATH preview show is very fair and balanced!!! Great to hear!!
Thanks!

Return to “Football”