All State

Re: D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by seasick80 »

Im watching Coldwater/Hartley right now on computer again. What a great game

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Not that it matters but there were plenty of people who thought Valley had to play a near perfect game to beat Newark...they didn't and they lost...I'll neither say a local team CAN'T do something nor would I ever root AGAINST one of our local teams...To do so is immature and quite frankly a testament to one's self-centered and arrogant belief that their team is the one and only.

The Burg has proven they can and will score in bunches...Even against Valley they had wasted opportunities...They can ill afford to do so in week 13....No one should ever discount an opponent in a Regional Final game...They are there for a reason! I'm confident the Burg will be ready to play and will represent their community, the SOC II and the county in a fashion that will make us all proud! This Indian fan has always rallied around those schools who are representative of our county and league. Best Wishes! You CAN achieve your goals!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I know its a different sport but I remember a Burg basketball team back in 1995 not give a snowballs chance in hades of beating a loaded bishop hartley team and Burg mopped the floor with them. Columbus dispatch called the Burg players a bunch of country bumpkins that wouldn't be able to run with Hartley and they found out the hard way.

If Burg can keep moving the ball like they have been I look for it to be a shootout. Burg can win this game.
I'll never forget the way Burg put it on Estabon Weaver and the rest of Bishop Hartley in the state semi's that year!

I think Burg's offense is going to have to put up a bunch of points to win this one. Fortunately, its what they do best. I don't think its realistic to expect the Burg D to hold the Hawks in check all night. Hartley also seems to be able to throw it when they need to. But, if the Pirates can keep the pressure on the Hawks all night by consistently putting points on the board, hopefully they can force Hartley into playing out of their comfort zone.

Best of luck to the Pirates!!!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Both teams play their best games hartley wins. I guarantee miller will not have the time he had against ferry, more than likely he will see more pressure than he did against valley and that really bothered him. I agree on the Dline but the backers have got to show up, they can't be making first contact 7-8 yds on burgs side of the line. Don't turn ball over, creates a few turnovers, have a few big plays on offense, inside 10 score tds, settle for FG attempts inside 10 the burg loses. No one will argue Hartley is favorite but I think with a few breaks the burg can play with them and who knows keep it close late in the game anything can happen.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jesco White wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:I know its a different sport but I remember a Burg basketball team back in 1995 not give a snowballs chance in hades of beating a loaded bishop hartley team and Burg mopped the floor with them. Columbus dispatch called the Burg players a bunch of country bumpkins that wouldn't be able to run with Hartley and they found out the hard way.

If Burg can keep moving the ball like they have been I look for it to be a shootout. Burg can win this game.
I'll never forget the way Burg put it on Estabon Weaver and the rest of Bishop Hartley in the state semi's that year!

I think Burg's offense is going to have to put up a bunch of points to win this one. Fortunately, its what they do best. I don't think its realistic to expect the Burg D to hold the Hawks in check all night. Hartley also seems to be able to throw it when they need to. But, if the Pirates can keep the pressure on the Hawks all night by consistently putting points on the board, hopefully they can force Hartley into playing out of their comfort zone.

Best of luck to the Pirates!!!!!!

One of the highest ranked players in the country as a freshman and sophmore outplayed by the big E.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I was high on Liberty Union & seeing what Hartley did I got them to move on this week, but Good Luck to Wheelersburg I respect your program so much

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Da Burg stops here!!!!! B.H to much for the Burg

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

demaniac1 wrote:Im sure the coaches from Burg are looking very closely at the Coldwater/Hartley game. I watched it on TWC and I think Burg matches up really well, the only thought is we need alil more beef on the Dline. Coldwater had some bigger guys there and they were more physical than Burg. Warner is good, but we need 3 of him! If we don't, then we need unblockable beef!! I mean Greeno beef!!! LOL.

hopefully there looking very closely at the hartley / liberty union game also cause something tells me hartley is gonna try that game again 90 plays to liberty union 30 plays.

IMO burg better push for shootout game

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Oh how I was one heartbroken 2nd grader after the Minford-Burg Regional Final. That team was so special, with Yeagle and Co.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I think the one thing Wheelersburg has is that no one really expects them to win. (Except loyals)

I won't say that I gaurantee a win, but I do think Burg will shock some in the Columbus region. Burg can very much so win this game and could use this "underdog" status to its advantage.

Go Burg make Scioto County and Southern Ohio proud and shock the nay sayers

Burg in an "upset" 24-21
Daylor Lewis with a Game Winner!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

continued good luck and well wishes to the wheelersburg pirates.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan2 wrote:Wheelersburg is in GODs country! Look out bishop hartley! We will bring you a snot rag for the end of the game!
Pirates 31
hartley 20

"PRAY FOR A PIRATE"

I live up here at lake white now. I hear a van pulled out in front of 3 motorcycles , but never heard anything else

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

here's my thought's. the wheelersburg team that beat ironton in week 1, will be a hard out for anybody, even cols. bishop Hartley. wheelersburg could have and would have hung 80 on my fighting tigers week 1, had they not called of the dogs. and that was a healthy ironton team vs. a healthy wheelersburg team.i have seen ironton Hartley series' now for several years. if wheelersburg is still healthy, this should be a dandy game.

i'd love to see another river school get a second football state championship under their belt, as do my fighting tigers.
everybody knows it, so I
i'll throw it out there. you draw these private/catholic schools this time of year in the playoffs. it's a tough row to hoe.that's where i'll leave that. frankly I get tired of the conversation every year myself. but you look at the teams left playing for a regional title, and eventually state. that's about all you see. and they generally win every game they are in, unless it's two privates playing each other.

do I think wheelersburg can hang with Hartley. I think so. but I missed 4 games this year due to pneumonia, I didn't see the last 4. so I never got to see Hartley this year. but they are tough.wheelersburg can hang with them, but must play a near prefect game, and pressure the qb, and tackle well and sustain blocks, and cover the ball. I would certainly love to see wheelersburg win, and i'm pulling for them.ny buckeye stadium is a great site, especially if you're the home team. great eats, kinda iffy on bathrooms, if you are somebody that waits on the very last minute to pee, you could be in trouble. great facilty, great parking. deer infested roads, leave early, take your time. and buy a set of deer whistles, well worth 5 bucks, install in seconds, just stick em on and go. what many people don't know about deer whistles, 1 has a small hole though it, the other doesn't. the side with the hole goes on the driver side of your bumper. I've swore by em, for like 37 years. good luck burgites

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Hartley had 8 minute quarters against Ironton this year. They could have scored on every single play.

Ask the Ironton coaches who is better. They will have some insight.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GET-ER-DONE PIRATES!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I DON'T CARE WHO'S BETTER, I JUST WANT BURG TO WIN.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

AHM wrote:Hartley had 8 minute quarters against Ironton this year. They could have scored on every single play.

Ask the Ironton coaches who is better. They will have some insight.
What's your point? Burg put 35 up in the 1st qtr against the Tigers and could have scored on every single play. Ironton just wasn't that good this year.

Top to Bottom, Hartley appears to be more physical and has better play makers but Burg isn't in this game for no reason. They are very good and can beat the Hawks. To me the magic number for the Pirates is 28. If they can get to 28 they will be in this game. Get to 35 and The Hawks will be getting out the basketballs first.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Pirates, this Tiger fan will be rooting for you.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

the short time I've been around wheelersburg athletes and fans i've noticed one thing, the community (parents, teachers, students and fans)breeds success whether sports or academics! the community gets behind their schools and students! they'll show up, they'll not be intimidated, they'll play hard, they'll play with confidence and at the end of the day, win or lose, they'll be proud of their team and you won't hear a lot of excuses if they lose! go pirates!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Yes afraid the buck stops here for Burg. Good Luck Burg

Return to “Football”