Arno done at Alexander!

The Oaf
SEO

Re: Arno done at Alexander!

Post by The Oaf »

Funny how Alexander fans are allowed to debate a coaching change at their school on seops but not Portsmouth West! :roll: :roll: :roll:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Oaf wrote:Funny how Alexander fans are allowed to debate a coaching change at their school on seops but not Portsmouth West! :roll: :roll: :roll:
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 We were actually being good this time! Someone must be afraid the West fans are going to get into a fight with someone, start a riot, etc.

Arno was a good coach and made the Alexander program one that was viable in the area. Anyone think there is a current coach in that area that would jump over to Alex? Or, has Alex returned to the state it was before Arno?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

sider wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Funny how Alexander fans are allowed to debate a coaching change at their school on seops but not Portsmouth West! :roll: :roll: :roll:
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 We were actually being good this time! Someone must be afraid the West fans are going to get into a fight with someone, start a riot, etc.

Arno was a good coach and made the Alexander program one that was viable in the area. Anyone think there is a current coach in that area that would jump over to Alex? Or, has Alex returned to the state it was before Arno?
I didn't think it was too far out of line either Sider, but you know what they say about stereotypes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Oaf wrote:
sider wrote:

I didn't think it was too far out of line either Sider, but you know what they say about stereotypes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, sadly they are based on truth :oops:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Yes they sure are Sider! :lol: You have been a pretty consistently good poster among the West faithful. You typically have sane, rational points and opinions but you are in the minority. :lol: I just wanted you to know that!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Oaf wrote:Yes they sure are Sider! :lol: You have been a pretty consistently good poster among the West faithful. You typically have sane, rational points and opinions but you are in the minority. :lol: I just wanted you to know that!
I appreciate that, I know what its like being on the sidelines (in other parts of the state). It changes your viewpoint.

Any word on applicants?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

sider wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Yes they sure are Sider! :lol: You have been a pretty consistently good poster among the West faithful. You typically have sane, rational points and opinions but you are in the minority. :lol: I just wanted you to know that!
I appreciate that, I know what its like being on the sidelines (in other parts of the state). It changes your viewpoint.

Any word on applicants?
You're welcome, indeed it does change your viewpoint! Go Bucks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Heard lastnight that nobody has been given or offered the job at Alex yet ...and that all the rumors on here were just that ...

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Latest rumor now is that 10-15 people have applied for the
position, including some past and present assistant coaches.
Would be curious to see the list of applicants.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Dave Snipes to the best of my recollection 42-19-2 dont know about Arno but that is a pretty good record.
1971- 5-4
1972 -6-3
1973- 7-2-1
1974 6-4
1975 9-1
1976 8-1-1
1977 1-8-1?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

congrats coach Arno!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Coach Arno did a great job at Alexander but that newspaper article is way off base about him guiding Alexander to its first three consecutive winning seasons. As I posted on this same thread before. It's ancient history but 1971-5 wins 4 losses 1972-6 wins 3 losses 1973-7 wins 2 losses 1 tie, 1974- 6 wins 4 losses 1975-9 wins 1 loss 1976-8 wins 1 loss 1 tie. Just wanting to set the record straight about consecutive winning seasons in the school's history.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Arno said:
“I’ve never actually worked with my oldest son in working with him one-on-one in basketball courts and drills,” Arno said. “I’ve never actually had the energy or the time to ever do that because you’re always coaching other kids.”
Must have gotten all that drill work in over the winter? :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I was thinking the same thing motivator.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

It is interesting how coaches that go 1-9 suddenly think it is important to spend more time with the family. Then when a better job comes around the family is on the back burner again. Why not just say the talent has run out, so I am going to look elsewhere?

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Haters gonna hate. Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions. And the majority of posts here are opinions. FACT: Reporters make mistakes. FACT: His nephew died in a tragic accident. FACT: He and his family are relocating to an area closer to family. FACT: What he does with his family and his life is none of your business.

Good luck Coach Arno. Thanks for your work at Alexander, and the best of everything to you and your family.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

LEROY wrote:Haters gonna hate. Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions. And the majority of posts here are opinions. FACT: Reporters make mistakes. FACT: His nephew died in a tragic accident. FACT: He and his family are relocating to an area closer to family. FACT: What he does with his family and his life is none of your business.

Good luck Coach Arno. Thanks for your work at Alexander, and the best of everything to you and your family.
Fact: He went 1-9, said he wants to stop coaching other peoples kids to spend more time with his own, then applied for a coaching job elsewhere. Maybe he just wanted to stop coaching Alexander kids?

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Wow.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

LEROY wrote:Wow.
Are you from Alexander?

Return to “Football”