Minford 2014

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Re: Minford 2014

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Falconfan09 wrote:DANIELS is 4-4 against valley but he has turned this program around from almost nothing and Minford had the athletes to throw the ball to and someone to throw every kind of pass consistently im sure they would consider it but this coming up year we are going to be young in the skill spots so I believe they will go with what got them to where they are and what the kids know and that's a strong running game not the spread. and nothing against Portsmouth but what kind of success did they have with the spread? and burg did what they had to do with what they had smaller quick lineman perfect for the spread and good 4 to 5 route running backs and a dang good quarterback im sure if they had the big backs and huge lines of the past they would've been right back with the double tight T they have ran since big ED.

I guess I'm going to have to repeat myself. The 'Burg is going in a PERMANENT direction with the spread. It looks easy, just simply put your best athlete @ QB. :122249

As for your comment about Portsmouth, they play the toughest schedule of all football teams in Scioto County. Even so, if they just put together a front line on both sides of the ball in 2014, then LOOK OUT, because they return all of their studs @ the skill positions.

And about our team (Minford), the skill positions are what we actually mostly return. It would be nice to see a great athlete @ QB.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

coach D is a coaching icon... deal with it!!!!! :razz:

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

We only return one starter from last years backfield and no returning receivers we have a lot of skill players but none with any experience that's what I meant by young but spread won't work for Minford this year we just don't have the type of athletes we are big and strong not to fast or quick which you need for spread you have to understand that and let the coaches do their jobs.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

And for you to say it's as easy as putting your best player at quarterback shows your knowledge of the game of football there's a lot more to it then just that do you think miller would've been as good as he was without the outstanding athletes he had to throw too?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The real question is whether using the spread is easier than using punctuation...........................

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Crab's brother wrote:The real question is whether using the spread is easier than using punctuation...........................
Lol I know it was horrible! but your mind tends to forget that kind of stuff when it's on a rant like that I apologize.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Falconfan09 wrote:And for you to say it's as easy as putting your best player at quarterback shows your knowledge of the game of football there's a lot more to it then just that do you think miller would've been as good as he was without the outstanding athletes he had to throw too?
It is rare for a team from our area to be able to pass for 2,700 yards and run for 2,600 yards in the same season. Burg's offense for 2013 was a great blend of an outstanding running/passing QB, great receivers, and a solid line that was under-rated IMO. This offense set the all time record for yards in a season (along with many other records) for a school that has a strong football history. Although this should be the benchmark for anyone considering the spread offense, to expect the same result would only set up a team for disappointment and possible failure. If I was a Minford fan, would I want to have a new QB dropping back to attempt 296 passes (Burg's 2013 total) in 2014? NO WAY! As a Burg fan, I encourage Minford to go for it :122249

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

4th no we don't want another one of those years from burg at all! Haha but we have a very very athletic QB coming into the spot next year he will be fun to watch.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Joyce will make things happen at the QB position.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Falconfan09 wrote:And for you to say it's as easy as putting your best player at quarterback shows your knowledge of the game of football there's a lot more to it then just that do you think miller would've been as good as he was without the outstanding athletes he had to throw too?

WOW!!! So you're saying that Minford hasn't had any athletes to throw to (or a QB to throw it) in the last 7 years!!!!???? Obviously, you may not have been watching the same football I have. I'd like to say that I watch more in the game than just were the ball is at on every play.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

4th n Goal wrote:
It is rare for a team from our area to be able to pass for 2,700 yards and run for 2,600 yards in the same season. Burg's offense for 2013 was a great blend of an outstanding running/passing QB, great receivers, and a solid line that was under-rated IMO. This offense set the all time record for yards in a season (along with many other records) for a school that has a strong football history. Although this should be the benchmark for anyone considering the spread offense, to expect the same result would only set up a team for disappointment and possible failure. If I was a Minford fan, would I want to have a new QB dropping back to attempt 296 passes (Burg's 2013 total) in 2014? NO WAY! As a Burg fan, I encourage Minford to go for it :122249

You have to start somewhere........ and another thing...the running of spread in Scioto County was less than rare. The 'Burg is actually the first to try the true spread, so I disagree with the statement that teams will fail just because they are changing philosophy. Yes, I'm realistic, as far as the expectations with a new offense, but who knows what will happen over time, so to assume it's a failure after the first few games would be premature.
Last edited by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

NewEra wrote:Joyce will make things happen at the QB position.

He most-definitely has the ability. We need to create some plays designed to his strengths.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:

WOW!!! So you're saying that Minford hasn't had any athletes to throw to (or a QB to throw it) in the last 7 years!!!!???? Obviously, you may not have been watching the same football I have. I'd like to say that I watch more in the game than just were the ball is at on every play.

Ok now you are just twisting my words you were referring to the upcoming season right not 7 years ago? Neither Last season or the upcoming season we didn't or don't have all the necessary athletes to run the true spread I'm sorry if that offends you. but I'm just a realist if Daniels and company will do what's best to win and if that's the spread i will support the team no matter what and not question them like some do! And to refer to the past 7 years yes we have had the athletes and QB's to throw it but we also had some the best lines and running back trios to run the ball. That's what turned Minford football around and if you think the spread would've done that you're mistaken my friend.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

RUN the dang ball.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

no, be BALANCED or at least 60-40

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

There is a pretty good thing going at Minford since Daniels took over, we shouldn't be so spoiled. It seams like just yesterday we were running the ball every single 3rd down, regardless of yardage needed, and punting on 4th and inches on the 35 yard line going in. Do not forget that.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE BALANCED the percentage should be according to what kind of QB, speed, talent and power they have. But if you are primarily a run team, RUN the ball. It aint rocket science.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Love to watch a well executing Wing T team, even if it's Minford. Its a thing of discipline, precision and beauty. I like the ability of being able take a team of lesser size and talent and drilling them to be able to execute enough to run a better team off the field. Then if you have tough hard nosed kids, it's even better. It's a sequence system, with a lot of answers to what a defense is doing. A defensive end squeezes down to stop the fullback down play and sets himself up for the wingback blocking down on him in the buck sweep. Play action passes for every series, the passes feed off defensive secondary reactions. Like the book says it's not a bunch of random plays it's an ORDER OF FOOTBALL. Another thing to think about, you see a lot of spread teams who are not very good on defense, matter of fact, some of them are down right soft. Teams that are hard nosed running teams more often than not have a carry over to defense, you see some hard hitting on those teams.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Falconfan09 wrote:
Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:

Ok now you are just twisting my words you were referring to the upcoming season right not 7 years ago? Neither Last season or the upcoming season we didn't or don't have all the necessary athletes to run the true spread I'm sorry if that offends you. but I'm just a realist if Daniels and company will do what's best to win and if that's the spread i will support the team no matter what and not question them like some do! And to refer to the past 7 years yes we have had the athletes and QB's to throw it but we also had some the best lines and running back trios to run the ball. That's what turned Minford football around and if you think the spread would've done that you're mistaken my friend.
Ok. I will get straight to my point of what I believe needs to happen. If we DO NOT at least tweak our offense just a little bit, then our results at the end of the year WILL NOT get any better (in other words, I do not see any more SOC titles or playoff wins in our FUTURE with our current offensive philosophy). So yes, to answer your question, I do agree that Daniels and company have made the program better over these last 7 years, but I am also talking about the future results of Minford Football. It somehow has evolve a little. And I do admit, I am being a little greedy about this, but that's because I want MORE for the football program.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

marshallman wrote:no, be BALANCED or at least 60-40

That's what we should strive to be. :12222

Return to “Football”