SEOP

Re: What was the best team in Jackson?

Post by Poo Bear »

1996 IMO

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I don't know but didn't the 1969 team go 9-0 before tying an also undefeated Waverly team in the last game of the season?

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

2011 shouldn't even be considered in this conversation. I have only seen the 1961 team on film. Seen the other two in person. Remember, we are talking different times, training of athletes, X and O's. Kind of like the Jim Brown vs. Walter Payton debate. Both were terrific in DIFFERENT era's. That '69 team was something. Darwin Valentine was a tremendous back. I'll go in this order '69 with '96 close with '61 coming in third. I think either the '96 or '97 team would eat the 2011 team alive.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Viking96 wrote:1996 IMO
What was the 96 teams record?

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

10-0 regular season. They only took 4 teams out of each region then. Beat Hillsboro in the first game, one Hillsboro player went on to start for the Michigan State team that beat Ohio State at Ohio State, he was a key player in that win. In the second roundJackson played Columbus De Sales and lost in a close fought game after Eric Davis broke his leg during the game. The 96 team was very deep in talent one of those once in a great while teams like that. 2004 team lost two games by two points, On their schedule Wellston was a playoff team, Vinton County was a playoff team and Gallia Academy was also . In the first round of the playoffs, they defeated number 1 seeded Cincinnati Withrow who had several DI College recruits playing. I would say given the 2011 schedule they would have been undefeated with some breathing room. The most physically strong team in the weight room was the 98 team that went 9-1. Their offensive line and backs just mauled defenses. Only team I ever saw that beat teams down physically while on offense. They lost to Warren on an off night, they only missed the playoffs by a fraction of a point ,again because they only took four. They were peaking right at the end of the season. Given todays 8 team regions they had a good chance of advancing.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Charles Farquar wrote:10-0 regular season. They only took 4 teams out of each region then. Beat Hillsboro in the first game, one Hillsboro player went on to start for the Michigan State team that beat Ohio State at Ohio State, he was a key player in that win. In the second roundJackson played Columbus De Sales and lost in a close fought game after Eric Davis broke his leg during the game. The 96 team was very deep in talent one of those once in a great while teams like that. 2004 team lost two games by two points, On their schedule Wellston was a playoff team, Vinton County was a playoff team and Gallia Academy was also . In the first round of the playoffs, they defeated number 1 seeded Cincinnati Withrow who had several DI College recruits playing. I would say given the 2011 schedule they would have been undefeated with some breathing room. The most physically strong team in the weight room was the 98 team that went 9-1. Their offensive line and backs just mauled defenses. Only team I ever saw that beat teams down physically while on offense. They lost to Warren on an off night, they only missed the playoffs by a fraction of a point ,again because they only took four. They were peaking right at the end of the season. Given todays 8 team regions they had a good chance of advancing.

Give us a recap of every jackson team from 1990-2013

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I remember the 1994 Jackson team. NY played @ Jackson in Week 10 as the Super Bowl of Southeastern Ohio. NY entered at 9-0, including a win over Logan. Jackson entered at 8-1, with the one loss coming to Logan. NY dominated the game going on to win 48-7. Jackson finished 8-2 and NY went on to finish 11-1 and Regional Runner Up. That is the only time I have ever been to Jackson, which of course would have been the old football stadium.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Who were the two brothers on that Nelsonville York team, I'm thinking their name was Smathers? One was a running back, the other was a beast at defensive end. One of Jackson's defensive tackles that had a lot of talent, was very undisciplined that night and kept penetrating straight up field. The running back had good cut back lanes that night because of it and Nelsonville didn't even have to trap him, just ran up inside him.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yea that was one if nelsonville Yorks beat teams . Justin Gail was best back in TVC history. But the funny thing was that was supposed to be a 2 year contract and NY refused to play jackson the following year. Jackson would've smashed NY the next 10 years

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1996 team.....incredible skill, strength, size and speed....and a lot of toughness.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

The 96 team.2011 team was fun to watch play and the Osborne boy was one of the best all round football players In Jackson county ever.

Return to “Football”