2014 River Valley Raiders Schedule (First year in the TVC)

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Re: 2014 River Valley Raiders Schedule (First year in the TV

Post by sportslifelove »

4thnpine wrote:with this schedule I could see rv maybe winning 7 games. should be favored in 5 games. 2 games would be a toss up and they would be underdog in 3 games.
RVRaiderFan wrote:Here is a look at the Raiders schedule as they leave the OVC and join the TVC.

Week 1- Fat Rock Hill
Week 2-F Southeastern
Week 3- F Eastern
Week 4- UNelsonville York
Week 5- Uat Meigs
Week 6- TWellston
Week 7- Fat Alexander
Week 8- TVinton County
Week 9- Uat Athens
Week 10- Fat Northwest

What are everyone's thoughts on the Raiders FIRST season in the TVC??

You have officially lost your mind LOL! You're talking about River Valley High School here, the one that has been historically bad in football, basketball, and baseball. RV should hope that the TVC splits the Hocking and allows them in that division because if they stay in the Ohio they will be lucky to win 1 league game a year.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:
Dundas wrote:The TVC Ohio was in the same situation when it allowed Athens to join.
ASKED Athens to join ... :mrgreen:

I think they knew Belpre (wanted to move) - and was on its way to the other side when Athens came in, Dundas.
That's not even close to being accurate.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I hear RV has a few groups of kids that are going to be sophs and Jrs and some young classes who have won at every level. I think they could be 5-5 but prob somewhere between there and 3-7 this year. The talent pool is a lot better in lower grades than they have had since about 2008's graduating class. some better attitudes by parents and support. WE will see it isn't going to change over night and what happened in the late 90's and 2000's really means nothing at this point! Great to hear ya'll reminisce but really means nothing!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I am sure it didn't help that after year 4 of River Valley's existence the school board voted to open South Gallia high school in the old Hannan Trace building which dropped RV's enrollment by 30-35%. RV was dealt a tough hand when that happened.

The TVC is the perfect conference for RV! I would love to see them get their feet under them.

Good luck RV and welcome to the TVC.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Good luck RV and welcome to the league. Great addition to our conference.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

bump

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I see them failing worse then the league they were in. Just saying.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I agree Athens. I think they will do worse in all sports both boys and girls.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Cause jackson gallia and Logan won't be their whipping boys
Athens won't be this good forever. Some folks think that Athens will be playing for regional titles every year or that they will dominate the area in Basketball forever. That's not going to happen. Talent runs in cycles.

I use Logan as an example, everyone in Hocking County was thumping there chests talking about how they were always gonna dominate, and we all know what happened.
Hate to go against ya on anything 96 but I agree with O&B on this one. Talent runs in cycles and will see a difference in Athens hoops this year. Libby to picktown Burrows to OSU probablly graduating early to play spring ball. Big difference. Also graduating one heck of a class next spring. 2015 football may be a lot different than last 3 years.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

vctransplant wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Cause jackson gallia and Logan won't be their whipping boys
Athens won't be this good forever. Some folks think that Athens will be playing for regional titles every year or that they will dominate the area in Basketball forever. That's not going to happen. Talent runs in cycles.

I use Logan as an example, everyone in Hocking County was thumping there chests talking about how they were always gonna dominate, and we all know what happened.
Hate to go against ya on anything 96 but I agree with O&B on this one. Talent runs in cycles and will see a difference in Athens hoops this year. Libby to picktown Burrows to OSU probablly graduating early to play spring ball. Big difference. Also graduating one heck of a class next spring. 2015 football may be a lot different than last 3 years.
Agree with O&B except basketball. They swept us last year. But year before we split and won TVC outright and year before that I believe we won TVC. Got to defer stats to Dundas but we have been pretty strong in hoops.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Dundas wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
Dundas wrote:The TVC Ohio was in the same situation when it allowed Athens to join.
ASKED Athens to join ... :mrgreen:

I think they knew Belpre (wanted to move) - and was on its way to the other side when Athens came in, Dundas.
I disagree. I think the move was made as a result of uneven teams. The TVC probably felt it was best to send a team down rather than bring one up at the time and thus Belpre moved. The Eagles were only struggling in football. They were very competitive in every other sport. With River Valley coming in, we're back to 2008 with 7 teams. The league already asked one team to move up and that didn't happen. So I believe that you will see either, a complete restructuring of the league, or, another team will be added for the Ohio. But to go back to my original point, I think Belpre would still be in the TVC Ohio if Athens wasn't allowed into the league based on votes by the TVC at the time. :)
I think it was because Belpre was shrinking in size and not that they were struggling in football. Remember the last team besides Athens or NY to win the TVC ohio in football was Belpre

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Bevo wrote:I hear RV has a few groups of kids that are going to be sophs and Jrs and some young classes who have won at every level. I think they could be 5-5 but prob somewhere between there and 3-7 this year. The talent pool is a lot better in lower grades than they have had since about 2008's graduating class. some better attitudes by parents and support. WE will see it isn't going to change over night and what happened in the late 90's and 2000's really means nothing at this point! Great to hear ya'll reminisce but really means nothing!
I have seen them sophomores play and I know the taken is coming. Think it is what will the coaches do with it. Time will tell.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Athens 117 River Valley 0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

athens78 wrote:Athens 117 River Valley 0

I bet your proud of yourself for coming up with that one!

Don't be an jerk..............

I can't wait to to you lose Burrow cause Athens is gonna fall back to earth real fast!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

BUMP!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Dundas wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:If we are just talking football ... adding a SEVENTH team is just plain stupid for the TVC-Ohio.

It's already February and Athens still doesn't have a game for week 6, which was created because of the 'bye week' now with an odd number of teams.
The TVC Ohio was in the same situation when it allowed Athens to join.
You keep talking like Vinton County is a small school like RV and Alex and some of the other schools bragging about beating Chesapeake and ragging on RV and Vinton county is hardly much better in Football against a very similar schedule, fact is Vinton County is one of the largest schools in the region and have not really fared well at all against a lot smaller schools.
Latest OHHSAA enrollment numbers

Vinton County 290 boys 253 girls
Athens 297 boys 253 girls
GA - 253 boys 224 girls
Meigs 218 boys 217 girls
River Valley 186 boys 195 girls
Chesapeake 176 boys 179 girls

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Tubby wrote:RV has played Meigs every year since opening if I'm not mistaken. How many times have they beat Meigs in those 20 or so years?

less than 5
Whats your point Meigs is a lot bigger school.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Bevo wrote:
Tubby wrote:RV has played Meigs every year since opening if I'm not mistaken. How many times have they beat Meigs in those 20 or so years?

less than 5

Nelsonville-York has been the smallest school in the Ohio for years yet they have dominated the league..........

Size only accounts for so much.
Good coaching, and dedicated players and parents make up the rest.
River Valley just couldn't get their program going in the right direction. It has less to do with size and more to do with coaching and dedication.
I hope they get building in a positive direction now that they are in the TVC.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Bevo wrote:

less than 5
Is that what some of the RV people say to players as an excuse for losing?

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

Bevo wrote:

less than 5
Is that your excuse Bevo or did I miss your sarcasm?

Return to “Football”