OAK HILL OAKS to SOCII?

vladimir
S

OAK HILL OAKS to SOCII?

Post by vladimir »

With NW moving down to the SOCI, will the Oaks move up to the SOCII or will they be forced to move up?

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Re: OAK HILL OAKS to SOCII?

Post by Sider_PC »

I dont think they can be forced to move with the way the conference bylaws are written. I don't think they would fair we'll in the SOC 2, they just recently won there first soc 1 title a few years back. They have been good since then, but give them time to start tradition .

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

The Oaks have won four of the last five SOC I titles, but those are the only ones they have won since joining the league. Valley was in the SOC I and they, along with Notre Dame, Symmes Valley, and East, all had some good teams in the 90's and early 2000's that kept the Oaks from winning the league.

As a fan, I think our being in the SOC I has been the best choice for us. Since Valley moved up we have had only four league games which allowed us to schedule six non-league games with bigger schools. Now with Northwest moving down and Eastern playing a varsity schedule in 2015 we will only be able to schedule four non-league games. We have already dropped Wellston in 2015 because of this. We are in a tough position. I think we are too big for the SOC I, but it would be tough for us to compete consistently in a tough SOC II. We do have a good coaching staff that is building a strong program,
so maybe this issue will be resolved in a few years.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

The Oaks are more than ready for the move up to the SOC 2. A few years back, they beat the 'Burg, and they have won a few playoff games. They also have a very good coach. The oaks would be the perfect fit for the vacant spot.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sider_PC wrote:I dont think they can be forced to move with the way the conference bylaws are written. I don't think they would fair we'll in the SOC 2, they just recently won there first soc 1 title a few years back. They have been good since then, but give them time to start tradition .
If the league sticks to the bylaws, Valley would be back in SOC I. I am pretty sure no one wants that. :122245 :122245

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I think the Oaks are ready for the move up to better league competition. They've been very competitive in their non-league games in the past years which included Minford and Ironton.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

In all honesty, the vacancy in the SOC II should have been filled by Portsmouth.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Don't even get me started about that topic. I agree 100%, it makes no sense to me why they (PHS) were never voted in.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I think Oak Hill is where it should be. If they moved up to the SOC II they would have a difficult time successfully competing for a league title year in and year out. Right now they have a chance at getting computer points from their non-league , playing the likes of Wheelersburg, Minford and Ironton and they still have a reasonable shot at a league title every year, which they would not get to have in the SOC II. They would have to soften their non league up just to have a winning season some years. I think if you dug deep enough and found out, you would see a lot of this push is coming from Symmes Valley. They want Oak Hill out of the SOC I. They used to have their way in the SOC I year in and year out, but since the Oaks have been in the SOC I, they have only beaten them one time since 2005 and that was during Coach Homa's one year tenure.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

NW and oak hill playing against those small schools is a joke. None of the SOC II schools should play them non conference.

Kay
Waterboy

Post by Kay »

I think oak hill should sit tight and enjoy being on top of the league, you know the way Lucasville did for years! The oaks are on the rise, I'm sure if this continues they will most likely move up. How is Ironton and Portsmouth moving to the little ol Ovc alright, but oak hill( who just recently started making the playoffs) needs to move up leagues or else. I think it will be good for the community, and most importantly the players, to stay where they are.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

I would think that symmes valley would be the one to move up. Dont they usually win the SOC1?

Kay
Waterboy

Post by Kay »

then what wrote:I would think that symmes valley would be the one to move up. Dont they usually win the SOC1?
you are right, symmes valley has won the league a bunch of times also. Due to travel, I would think they would be better off in the OVC. The real question is why do we feel the SOC I has to be stripped down. Why can't we let them continue to get better and grow. If Symmes valley or oak hill leave, then the league won't be as competitive and that helps nobody. It seems like everyone wants this to be like the NCAA, but think about how awesome it would have been if Marshall would have stayed in the MAC. Ofcouse this is just my opinion

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:
Sider_PC wrote:I dont think they can be forced to move with the way the conference bylaws are written. I don't think they would fair we'll in the SOC 2, they just recently won there first soc 1 title a few years back. They have been good since then, but give them time to start tradition .
If the league sticks to the bylaws, Valley would be back in SOC I. I am pretty sure no one wants that. :122245 :122245
Especially Valley. Valley has benefited by playing the tougher competition in the SOCII. I am pretty sure that this will be Waverly's last year in the SOCII before moving to the SVC and I think this will force Oak Hill to move up to SOCII for football.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:
Especially Valley. Valley has benefited by playing the tougher competition in the SOCII. I am pretty sure that this will be Waverly's last year in the SOCII before moving to the SVC and I think this will force Oak Hill to move up to SOCII for football.

Where exactly are you getting that Waverly is heading to the SVC? I know it has been discussed before, but why would the SVC want to go to 9 teams? That is a scheduling nightmare.

Return to “Football”