D1 players in southeast Ohio

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: D1 players in southeast Ohio

Post by vctransplant »

athens78 wrote:Oh I agree just pointing out the speed of the game in College especially DI normally ends most SE players at that level. Williams I'm sure will at least go to OU isn't his dad there? It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for those to being on a DI squad but they've had the advantage of DI coaching dads which I'm sure has helped out greatly. The speed that has gotten Athens the last year will be even faster at that DI level. Edwards one of the best out of this area didn't make it after a year and look how he dominated the TVC when he was in it and there are many more like that. I just don't think that more then two maybe three are DI prospects and probably only one of those will have a legit shot of actually ever contributing to a team let alone stick it how the whole year. Oh and I watched the MF replay and youre right they were big but I also notice the speed that they used to get through Athens line and get to Burrow plus they could play off a receiver ten yards and still have speed to break up a pass something you don't see in the TVC, SVC, SEOAL or any other league in SE Ohio. Which luck to them all on the next step.
Are you talking about team speed or individual speed? If you are talking about team speed then yes MF had the edge but not all of their players are going D1. If you take out their running back and insert Treat MF does just as well. Maybe better because he is bigger. D1 colleges are made up of a bunch of players from a bunch of high schools. Just like D2 and D3. The scouts know talent and at what level and the recruit accordingly. Lets be supportive of these kids who are being RECRUITED by D1 schools. And maybe they wont get frustrated their first couple of years and wash out. Treat was a D1 prospect as a junior in HS.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Watch out next year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

"Alabama was in Ohio this week to evaluate one of the nation's hottest quarterback prospects" from Alabama's twitter for Burrow

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

RAIDER6309 wrote:"Alabama was in Ohio this week to evaluate one of the nation's hottest quarterback prospects" from Alabama's twitter for Burrow
Who was the area freshman quarterback that run a quicker 40 time than Joey? The guy couldnt remember his name but said he was from a local school and was co-mvp at the OHIO camp with Burrow.

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

According to some posters, there isnt any D1 talent here. Seems to me that makes this thread irrelevant. Shouldnt we be taking it down? :lol:

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I got it. It was the Edwards boy from NY.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Green Beagle wrote:I got it. It was the Edwards boy from NY.
Yes we all knew who you were trying to get someone to post. You should have just posted it in your first comment instead of trying to get someone else to write it. :mrgreen: The Edwards boy was one of those "7 or 8 freshmen that started for NY..." last year wasn't he? They should be tough in a few years. Seems that a few of those young players had a lot of speed and quickness.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

vctransplant wrote: The scouts know talent and at what level and the recruit accordingly.
Yes they hire a fella named Paladin to tell them what they should think. :mrgreen:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

The Little General wrote:According to some posters, there isnt any D1 talent here. Seems to me that makes this thread irrelevant. Shouldnt we be taking it down? :lol:
I believe threads of this nature must first meet the approval of fellow poster Paladin, as he is dubbed cheif D-1 scout by many, before the thread is started. Surely he must have approved of this one, or it would have been deleted by now. :mrgreen:

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Luke Keller should be starting both ways for Morehead St. this year. He was starting both ways last year but broke his ankle in their first game. He finished the season only starting at OLB. This summer he was had 3 ankle surgeries.One on the wrong ankle, one on the wrong part of the correct ankle, and this final one by Dr. Kremchek finally did the job. It's been about 5 weeks and he is running better now then he did all of last year

Return to “Football”