Eastern Football

Baldeagle
Varsity

Eastern Football

Post by Baldeagle »

We have a new/old coach. What will this mean in the win column?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Re: Eastern Football

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Are they playing Varsity football this season? Who is their coach?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

baldeagle wrote:We have a new/old coach. What will this mean in the win column?
Is it the same OLD guy that was there a few years ago? If so, I think 0 was in the win column during his last season wasn't it? Or do you mean the OLD guy that replaced him?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Are they playing Varsity football this season? Who is their coach?
I think they mean Meigs Eastern not Beaver Eastern

armchaircoach
Waterboy

Post by armchaircoach »

koondogger wrote:Houston, we have a transfer. That being the case, the best you can hope for is 9-1.

they wouldn't be from down 335 way would they ? heard of A transfer going to happen last year and it didn't. Just curious.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Are they playing Varsity football this season? Who is their coach?
Not sure on football but basketball is just JV next year is what they bin sayin.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Heard that Eastern picked up (Hannibal) River. Anyone know if it's a 2-year deal or even which week it'll be played?
Pilots have never played the Eagles to my knowledge in any sport.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Its week 1 in 2014.

Funny thing about this Hannan WV also has Eastern scheduled for week 1 on the WVSSAC website.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

edforshey wrote:Its week 1 in 2014.

Funny thing about this Hannan WV also has Eastern scheduled for week 1 on the WVSSAC website.
They had the same problem several years ago when they hired a new coach. Of course they blamed Pam for it, so I wonder who they will blame this time? My bet is the coach will once again opt to play Hannan for the sure win. I think it was the same coach back then during his first stint as HC. If so, it all makes sense now, and I think all the haters owe Pam an apology. :12224

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

They need to get Coffey back. He was the last decent coach they had. Bring him back as principal and head football coach. I hear you need someone new for both those positions, and he can do both.

Just sayin fellas! :mrgreen:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Coffey reaped the benefits his first year of a program on the rise during the Barr era. Barr went 1-9, 6-4, 6-4 respectively. He set the program up for success. Coffey came in the next year and went 7-3, then 1-9, 1-9. He was ran out, deservedly so after the second 1-9. The new/old guy will be okay in his second stint as HC. Hopefully he will put the time and effort in that he knows it will take to restore the program. A good class is coming from the lower levels, but he can't wait till they get there to start rebuilding. He needs to start now.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

koondogger wrote:I think they need to hire Howie Caldwell. That guy can coach anything.
Howie is the reason for all the success Eastern had while he was there, that is for sure. He really encouraged all the basketball players to play all the other sports. :lol: He really pushed them to get in the weight room too. :aaaaa8 He was big into lifting for basketball. So he would be a good one to get back. :mrgreen:

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

eagle25 wrote:Coffey reaped the benefits his first year of a program on the rise during the Barr era. Barr went 1-9, 6-4, 6-4 respectively. He set the program up for success. Coffey came in the next year and went 7-3, then 1-9, 1-9. He was ran out, deservedly so after the second 1-9. The new/old guy will be okay in his second stint as HC. Hopefully he will put the time and effort in that he knows it will take to restore the program. A good class is coming from the lower levels, but he can't wait till they get there to start rebuilding. He needs to start now.
yeah but Coffey could sure beat the pants off those buttsuckers from glouster. 46-12 I think it was. Micah Otto scoring on a trap on the first play. One of my favorite memories of eagle football.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote:
eagle25 wrote:Coffey reaped the benefits his first year of a program on the rise during the Barr era. Barr went 1-9, 6-4, 6-4 respectively. He set the program up for success. Coffey came in the next year and went 7-3, then 1-9, 1-9. He was ran out, deservedly so after the second 1-9. The new/old guy will be okay in his second stint as HC. Hopefully he will put the time and effort in that he knows it will take to restore the program. A good class is coming from the lower levels, but he can't wait till they get there to start rebuilding. He needs to start now.
yeah but Coffey could sure beat the pants off those buttsuckers from glouster. 46-12 I think it was. Micah Otto scoring on a trap on the first play. One of my favorite memories of eagle football.
Yeah, that was 20 years ago, and probably the last time you beat the buttsuckers. :lol:

Return to “Football”