Varsity

Re: Fort Frye @ Belpre Week 1

Post by Gregg811 »

Way to go EAGLES!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye 21 @ Belpre 35 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye played poorly with 6 turnovers. Both of Belpres 2nd half scores came off turnovers. 1 Cadets fumbled on the 1 and the other was a pick 6 on the 8. Most of Belpres scoring was on big plays. I would love to see a rematch.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They should of gave the ball Layton he is the biggest baddest player on the field.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye played poorly with 6 turnovers. Both of Belpres 2nd half scores came off turnovers. 1 Cadets fumbled on the 1 and the other was a pick 6 on the 8. Most of Belpres scoring was on big plays. I would love to see a rematch.
Belpre also missed 2 scoring opportunities to score on 1st and goal from inside the 10,a little better coaching and officiating and this could have gotten real ugly for Fort Frye.Hopefully there can be a rematch in the playoffs.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye played poorly with 6 turnovers. Both of Belpres 2nd half scores came off turnovers. 1 Cadets fumbled on the 1 and the other was a pick 6 on the 8. Most of Belpres scoring was on big plays. I would love to see a rematch.
Belpre also missed 2 scoring opportunities to score on 1st and goal from inside the 10,a little better coaching and officiating and this could have gotten real ugly for Fort Frye.Hopefully there can be a rematch in the playoffs.

Lol these two teams won't see playoffs this year..FACT

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If the officiating was bad it was in favor of Belpre but I'm not going there. Fort Frye straight stiffined up on goal line. Belpre scored on a ton fluky plays. I'll give them credit they came out and hit and the Cadets didn't want any. I agree no playoffs for either. 6 turnovers to 0 means Belpre should of won by more.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

There have been projections of belpre as a 7 seed in the region to make the playoffs. It's only been 1 game but with Tullius, Miller and Bedgood I think they should have a good year playoffs would be great for Belpre as we'll.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre played good causing turnovers and making big plays but lets all be honest as a team they are way to small.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

EasternDspy wrote:Belpre played good causing turnovers and making big plays but lets all be honest as a team they are way to small.
They beat you guys didn't they? Thought so.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Congrats to coach Adams and his Golden Eagles on the season opening win!

Thanks to EasternDspy for the updates for us working folks!

Best of luck and good health to the Cadets. Hope you guys run the table and make another playoff appearance this year.

Belpre prepares for it's next step and it will be a big one, road trip to take on the Trimble Tomcats, last years TVC Hocking champs and state runner's up.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:If the officiating was bad it was in favor of Belpre but I'm not going there. Fort Frye straight stiffined up on goal line. Belpre scored on a ton fluky plays. I'll give them credit they came out and hit and the Cadets didn't want any. I agree no playoffs for either. 6 turnovers to 0 means Belpre should of won by more.

Not going to argue with you about anything,don't have to stats speak for themselves. Turnovers was not 6-0 as Fort got their first TD after Belpre intercepted a pass then fumbled while trying to return it.That is a turnover since Fort scored on the next play,Penelties Fort 4 for 25 yards,Belpre 10 for 90 yards. Doesn't sound like they were favoring Belpre.I wish Fort all the luck for the rest of the season and hope they win the rest of their games.We could use the computer points.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I will never get this postgame posturing. Throw around all the stats you want. There will not be a rematch. What could have happened did not happen. What did happen is already done. The score was 35-21. That is kind of what everyone predicted for this game a year ago. Shake hands, say "good game," and move on.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

HaHaHa. Entertaining thread. Great job Eagles. Keep it up.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just saying Wr 10 for Belpre holds every play. That being said good win for the Eagles.. On to week 2.

Return to “Football”