WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Post by youthsportsfan »

iluvlucy wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:
bRuIsEr wrote:all of irontons scores in the previews came from transfers. Paladino, south point, cox, rock hill and Campbell coal grove. Burg d can contain paladino outside they win this one easy.
Bruiser what's your point ? Ironton recruits? Trust me that never happened and there is no way we could recruit someone to a 3-7 school.
South Point - no leadership and bad drug problems from what I hear. Any smart parent would get them out of there ASAP. IMO.
Rock Hill - had good talent and went like 4-36 in 4 yrs. anyone would RUN from that (btw he was living in ironton driving to rh so tech. Rock hill was recruiting) You ever met many successful people that lost their whole life? Parents are wise to move OR demand changes not in coaching necessarily but expectations at some point losing becomes habit forming. Changing coaches is everyone's solution , I think IMO rock hills problems are far deeper than just a coach.
Coal Grove- CG didn't want him and there's valid reasons from what I hear. We've had similar issues. Kids gifted just hope attitude falls n line with his talent and seems to be.

Do you see anyone moving to SP , RH , River Valley (falling out of ovc) , Chesapeake (use to be when they had a good coach in norm). But not anymore.

Bruiser if your child was in school and he/she could play for ironton or burg and be part of 70-80% winning yr n yr out or go to RH and losing 80% of the time what would you do ? If you stayed because you felt it's the right thing Is it the right thing for your child ?

People blame and complain about ironton and/or burg (recruiting). Fact is you should be complaining and finding out why they are leaving and fix that. Just my opinion rock hill has the ability to be competitive again in every sport providing they fix their issues. And u must look deeper than your coaches. Their not the issue.

Youthsportsfan, I'm not sure where you are getting your information about the so called "recruits" but not all the kids mentioned above MOVED to Ironton just to play sports. The TRUTH is always just a rumor away and of course the school the kids left behind are not going to have good things to say about them!! :122245 :122245 :122245 If a kid has the grades, ability, size and speed, I wouldn't blame anyone sending their kids somewhere that could help get them a possible scholarship, or at least try to help!! With that being said, I rest my case!! GO TIGERS!!
Lucy not sure what post you read and where in the heck I said they came to ironton only for sports. I said anyone would want to be part of a winning program like ironton or burg. And that people leaves schools for the issues that school has . Welcome to OUR Ironton and hope u can ride our shirt tails to ur scholarship. I speak no rumors only facts,

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Youthsportsfan, I'm not sure where you are getting your information about the so called "recruits" but not all the kids mentioned above MOVED to Ironton just to play sports. The TRUTH is always just a rumor away and of course the school the kids left behind are not going to have good things to say about them!! :122245 :122245 :122245 If a kid has the grades, ability, size and speed, I wouldn't blame anyone sending their kids somewhere that could help get them a possible scholarship, or at least try to help!! With that being said, I rest my case!! GO TIGERS!![/quote]

Lucy not sure what post you read and where in the heck I said they came to ironton only for sports. I said anyone would want to be part of a winning program like ironton or burg. And that people leaves schools for the issues that school has . Welcome to OUR Ironton and hope u can ride our shirt tails to ur scholarship. I speak no rumors only facts,[/quote][/quote]

Lucy
Maybe if you read the message and seen bruiser was the one saying irontons scores came from recruits. I was actually defends my school and that we didn't recruit any of these kids. Hope ur son reads/comprehends better than you do or runs a 4.3 40

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

YSF, didn't mean to offend you.! I did read Bruiser's comment and I get that it was B that made the statement, however it was your response to that statement I was following up on! The reasons that you gave for the kids leaving the individual schools in question, RH, SP, and CG....all I was trying to say is that you can't always believe what the people from those schools are saying about the kids! And for the record, I don't have a son:)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

49 hours 10 min from now the scoreboard will read 7-0 TIGERS!!!!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Enough with the recruiting talk..... I feel like y'all are beating a dead horse. Back to the task at hand. I watched burg practice today and they are fired up for Ironton! Hard hitting defensive practice! GO BURG!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Surprise onside kick by burg to start the game and score on the first play with a run up the middle! 7-0 BURG!!

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

iluvlucy wrote:YSF, didn't mean to offend you.! I did read Bruiser's comment and I get that it was B that made the statement, however it was your response to that statement I was following up on! The reasons that you gave for the kids leaving the individual schools in question, RH, SP, and CG....all I was trying to say is that you can't always believe what the people from those schools are saying about the kids! And for the record, I don't have a son:)
You did and my bad as well. I just get tired of people griping about ironton , do I think players from other schools get approached from ironton people. YES. Do I think coaches do directly NO. Could they it's possible. Facts are keep your wife happy and someone approaches her about stuff she will laugh in their face. Treat her bad give her nothing don't appreciate her give her no sense of direction etc. Don't be shocked when she leaves.

People want to be part of something good. That's not the programs fault. Build it and they will come. It burns people in my opinion cause not 1 other school has done anything close to irontons football program. Don't talk about Tri state university cause your school lacks things to keep players there. Again the biggest issue is people don't see the issue. It's not that irontons so great. It's that your program is that bad. Fix your own house and stop worrying about ours.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Surprise onside kick by burg to start the game and score on the first play with a run up the middle! 7-0 BURG!!
Roll them dice. We will have our Allstate guys ready , I wouldn't doubt it and wouldn't doubt if they try it twice.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

youthsportsfan wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:Surprise onside kick by burg to start the game and score on the first play with a run up the middle! 7-0 BURG!!
Roll them dice. We will have our Allstate guys ready , I wouldn't doubt it and wouldn't doubt if they try it twice.
But 1 problem with the up the middle thing. #32 will have something to say about that.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

youthsportsfan wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:
But 1 problem with the up the middle thing. #32 will have something to say about that.
#32 will be playing from his back all night long!! Burgs online is bigger and stronger than the kitten dline! Lol

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

A 3-7 Ironton ton squad had all state players?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

After reading 9+ pages of mostly nonsense, I suppose it's time for me to comment... :122245

I don't think I have ever predicted Ironton to lose, and I won't now.

However, regardless of how good this Burg team is, vs. last year, Ironton will need to be VASTLY improved in order to get a win.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i think when you look at this burg team as compared to last year, i think they could be just as good as last year and they have the potential to actually be better by year end. certainly i dont think they will be as explosive as last year. with the recievers they lost from last year and the loss at qb, thats gonna be tough to replace. however i look for them to be much better along both the offensive and defensive lines and frankly thats where games are won and lost. i also think the qb play and the reciever and rb play is going to suprise people so much so that by the end of the year reciever and qb play are going to be on par with last years team and i think the running back position will be better. they are still going to spread it out like last year but this year i expect the spread inatially is going to be so we can run off tackle, and as the year goes on there will be more and more balance to the offense. defensively i see improvement all the way around. clearly ironton is going to be better this year. size and talent is there , the schedule is complimentary , its just going to take the coaches to put it in the right places to succeed, and keep the kids focused , blocking and tackling etc. i think wheelersburg wins this game and actually as it get closer i am beginning to feel like its going to be by an even bigger margin than i thought 3 weeks ago. i will say 35 to 14 only because i think irontons halfback gets loose a few times, but wheelersburgs defense will swarm to the ball and wear them down with the no huddle.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck to both teams...like always, can't wait to watch!

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:A 3-7 Ironton ton squad had all state players?
Are you sure you graduated Burg ? I set you up like you did us on that on side kick. Lol. Allstate guys on the line to catch onside kick.

The commercial Allstate not All State Your in GOOD hands with allstate just meaning we would catch the onside kick. Lol. Was that 1906 u graduated ? Lol Had to bust ya lil bit on that.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:After reading 9+ pages of mostly nonsense, I suppose it's time for me to comment... :122245

I don't think I have ever predicted Ironton to lose, and I won't now.

However, regardless of how good this Burg team is, vs. last year, Ironton will need to be VASTLY improved in order to get a win.
I feel that we are. Every aspect looks better and much improved. Of course Friday will tell , people talk about the grove scrimmage , fact is CG pretty good. Reg game our rb playing I thing we win by 2 scores. But if we go in to burg and beat them they gotta know their in trouble with having CG up very soon thereafter. Go Tigers

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

victor creed wrote:i think when you look at this burg team as compared to last year, i think they could be just as good as last year and they have the potential to actually be better by year end. certainly i dont think they will be as explosive as last year. with the recievers they lost from last year and the loss at qb, thats gonna be tough to replace. however i look for them to be much better along both the offensive and defensive lines and frankly thats where games are won and lost. i also think the qb play and the reciever and rb play is going to suprise people so much so that by the end of the year reciever and qb play are going to be on par with last years team and i think the running back position will be better. they are still going to spread it out like last year but this year i expect the spread inatially is going to be so we can run off tackle, and as the year goes on there will be more and more balance to the offense. defensively i see improvement all the way around. clearly ironton is going to be better this year. size and talent is there , the schedule is complimentary , its just going to take the coaches to put it in the right places to succeed, and keep the kids focused , blocking and tackling etc. i think wheelersburg wins this game and actually as it get closer i am beginning to feel like its going to be by an even bigger margin than i thought 3 weeks ago. i will say 35 to 14 only because i think irontons halfback gets loose a few times, but wheelersburgs defense will swarm to the ball and wear them down with the no huddle.
Everyone keeps saying this qb is good or could be better than last yrs #12 I'm sorry I just don't see how. And to say this yrs team might be better after losing #12,#1 I just don't see it. You guys would know I'm sure but it's hard to believe I will be the first one on here after the game saying he's better if he is. But those are some big shoes to fill I think.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

youthsportsfan wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:A 3-7 Ironton ton squad had all state players?
Are you sure you graduated Burg ? I set you up like you did us on that on side kick. Lol. Allstate guys on the line to catch onside kick.

The commercial Allstate not All State Your in GOOD hands with allstate just meaning we would catch the onside kick. Lol. Was that 1906 u graduated ? Lol Had to bust ya lil bit on that.
Hahaha that's hilarious! U got me! I had to go back and read it!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

youthsportsfan wrote:
victor creed wrote:i think when you look at this burg team as compared to last year, i think they could be just as good as last year and they have the potential to actually be better by year end. certainly i dont think they will be as explosive as last year. with the recievers they lost from last year and the loss at qb, thats gonna be tough to replace. however i look for them to be much better along both the offensive and defensive lines and frankly thats where games are won and lost. i also think the qb play and the reciever and rb play is going to suprise people so much so that by the end of the year reciever and qb play are going to be on par with last years team and i think the running back position will be better. they are still going to spread it out like last year but this year i expect the spread inatially is going to be so we can run off tackle, and as the year goes on there will be more and more balance to the offense. defensively i see improvement all the way around. clearly ironton is going to be better this year. size and talent is there , the schedule is complimentary , its just going to take the coaches to put it in the right places to succeed, and keep the kids focused , blocking and tackling etc. i think wheelersburg wins this game and actually as it get closer i am beginning to feel like its going to be by an even bigger margin than i thought 3 weeks ago. i will say 35 to 14 only because i think irontons halfback gets loose a few times, but wheelersburgs defense will swarm to the ball and wear them down with the no huddle.
Everyone keeps saying this qb is good or could be better than last yrs #12 I'm sorry I just don't see how. And to say this yrs team might be better after losing #12,#1 I just don't see it. You guys would know I'm sure but it's hard to believe I will be the first one on here after the game saying he's better if he is. But those are some big shoes to fill I think.
I don't think this qb is better than miller... I just think he gives burg different options. Last year burgs offense was centered around Eddie! He was an awesome athlete! However not having him on the field this year burg has had players step up tat didn't last year! Very balanced with many more weapons! The potential is there to be better than last year because now other teams have o focus on the entire burg offense rather than 2-3 players!!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

YSF, I never said recruits one time in my post. I said transfers. Big difference. I just stated who scored for ironton originally went to other schools, nothing wrong with that, just thought it was ironic. whoever wins the line play will come out victors in this game.

Return to “Football”