2014 TVC Ohio Schedules

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: TVC OHIO Predictions and News

Post by Dundas »

I know you've all anticipated this for months now. Here is my official prediction for the TVC Ohio division.

1. Athens (6-0)
2. Meigs 5-1)
3. NY (4-2)
4. Vinton County (3-3)
5. Wellston (2-4)
6. Alexander (1-5)
7. River Valley (0-6)

Pretty similar to last season. But I do feel that every single team in the league will be better. I also think River Valley and Alexander will fare well in non league. Good luck to all teams this fall. Represent the TVC with class and dignity!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

1. Athens
2. Meigs
3. Nelsonville York
4.Wellston
5. Vinton County
6. River Valley
7. Alexander

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

It may be an interesting dynamic this season for Athens, and what I mean by that is they will have to contend with expectations and some distractions they did not have last year.

First is the entire area's expectations of a "perfect" season, coming off a couple excellent regional runs the last two years the "pressure" will really be on to move past that and no matter how grounded and focused the team is they are still 16-18 year olds that "hear" the chatter and noise surrounding a play-off run.

Second is the inevitable distractions that having several players moving on to major D-1 programs and the possibility of others receiving looks as well as the season moves on, fact of the matter is people will talk about it (a lot) and those kids will have to juggle that in addition to school and games. Again, these kids are young and no matter how focused and mature (and they clearly are well-spoken mature kids) it is just another thing to deal with that they didn't have to deal with last year.

Last is playing Zanesville and Steubenville. Yes I know Zanesville is down but fact is they were Regional finalists last year and athletically they will put kids on the field that can play and match-up decently with Athens' weapons. Going into Big Red country is an experience all in itself and know matter where their program is (up or down) they will be physical and the atmosphere is like "Texas HS Friday Night Lights" so how they handle that will be interesting.

If Athens rolls out of week 10 having handled the distractions, the "chatter/noise" about some of their individual athletes success and team expectations, and handle Zanesville and Steubenville then look out Region 9 and the likes of Marion Franklin and others because this may indeed be the year. From everything I see sitting 45 miles away is that this team and its players are grounded, mature, and focused so my prediction is they can handle the above road blocks.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

After hearing about these Jamborees and scrimmages I think the battle for second in the Ohio will be a tough one. Who can stay healthy. I think that will be the biggest question.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

1. Athens
2. Meigs-has emerged as a clear second favorite
3a. Wellston- can they stay healthy
3b. Nelsonville-won't be out manned in the TVC
4. Alexander - new coach new attitude
5. Vinton county- may be 4th but look dreadful right now.
6. River valley- how will they handle the transition

Just my opinion after a few scrimmages .

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

1.Athens
2. Meigs
3a. Ny
3b. Alexander
4. Vinton co
5. Wellston
6. River Valley

:-D