Waterboy

Re: WK3 (2-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-2) Heath

Post by samiam »

The game will be on 1311 @ 11:00pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
Weather being the determining factor.
I will take a few pics and do a game report.
I figure a few will read and look.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
Looks like a beautiful evening. No rain in the forecast and 65 game time temperature.

Will look forward to the pics and report! Thanks!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

samiam wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:47 pm The game will be on 1311 @ 11:00pm
Thanks 👌

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am I am getting there very early, so I can get a great seat.
I know I will be! Thanks licking county fan

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Agree completely with all post about Heath being a durn good football team. Yes they are 0-2 but have lost to two perennially playoff programs. I especially look at the liberty union score which appears somewhat lopsided I know it's week 1 and you can't compare but you have to realize that liberty union is a div v region 19 school which means the road goes thru Baltimore LB at this early stage of the season if Burg wants to realize their goal of playing in canton. So the pressure is on. IMO to not only go win but win impressively and send a message to the rest of the region. If we play poorly or lose it could set the tone for some doubts going forward.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

victor creed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am Agree completely with all post about Heath being a durn good football team. Yes they are 0-2 but have lost to two perennially playoff programs. I especially look at the liberty union score which appears somewhat lopsided I know it's week 1 and you can't compare but you have to realize that liberty union is a div v region 19 school which means the road goes thru Baltimore LB at this early stage of the season if Burg wants to realize their goal of playing in canton. So the pressure is on. IMO to not only go win but win impressively and send a message to the rest of the region. If we play poorly or lose it could set the tone for some doubts going forward.
Liberty union projected to limp into playoffs at 6-4. It doesn't go through them. It goes through burg. Ironton is projected at 4th if that tells you anything.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

GO BURG

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I really cant see this not being a running clock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck you crazy burgites

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Woby you just said if we are not focused there could be an upset. If liberty union beats Heath 31-13 week one and Heath upsets burg in week 3. Who do you favor when. Burg and BLU. Face off week 11 or 13. I too believe the pirate are the best team in the region but we need to be impressive tonite.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

victor creed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm Woby you just said if we are not focused there could be an upset. If liberty union beats Heath 31-13 week one and Heath upsets burg in week 3. Who do you favor when. Burg and BLU. Face off week 11 or 13. I too believe the pirate are the best team in the region but we need to be impressive tonite.
I said that because it's at Heath and they are in desperate need of a win. Long bus trip for pirates on a school day. I don't think they are better but they will be the pirates toughest game so far. It was like last year, if burg wasn't playing a bad team in North hill they would have been beat they played so bad. I think they can't repeat the same performance against these guys.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Ok. Yeah I agree. Week one intensity vs week two already was a huge difference. Certainly showed on the field in how we played against fairland. It will be tough to find and maintain that level after all that you just described but burg needs to find a way. If we come out and punch em in the mouth early it could snowball and get outta hand for Heath as I suspect they are probably a young team. If not we could have a dogfight on our hands.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Will be backing The Burg in this one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Read where Burg has 340yds and Heath 53

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg up 27-0 at the half and was almost 34-0 as Holden picks off a pass as time expires and returns it 60 yards to the one before being forced out of bounds. He has 3 scores and Reyes has the other. Most likely a running clock soon in the 3rd quarter.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

victor creed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am Agree completely with all post about Heath being a durn good football team. Yes they are 0-2 but have lost to two perennially playoff programs. I especially look at the liberty union score which appears somewhat lopsided I know it's week 1 and you can't compare but you have to realize that liberty union is a div v region 19 school which means the road goes thru Baltimore LB at this early stage of the season if Burg wants to realize their goal of playing in canton. So the pressure is on. IMO to not only go win but win impressively and send a message to the rest of the region. If we play poorly or lose it could set the tone for some doubts going forward.
Road is definitely not going through LU. It all goes through Burg right now.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Hope for Burg fans sake they get a running clock. Help to get you home sooner. Looks like the Burg will be 3-0 and still the king of the hill in SEO. Good luck the rest of the season.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg 2-0 vs Heath 0-2

Post by The pirate indian »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 pm
The pirate indian wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:31 am Lol what a ridiculous comment. I feel like we have a pretty nice schedule with my only complaint being the fairland game. The schedule has the potential to be fairly difficult with at least half of them being playoff quality teams. I can't think of another nearby school with a more challenging season. Next year will only further separate us in the first 10 difficulty rating.
There is no one in this half the state IMO that has a schedule anywhere near as challenging as ours. I don't know much on heath other than they went 10-0 last yr and lost a lot but we have the potential to lose 1 or 2 of the next 3 games. Don't think it will happen but anything is possible

Ever heard of the DIV Clinton-Massie Falcons? They're 20-miles west of Hillsboro in Clarksburg, Ohio. They just beat Coldwater 24-14 last Friday night. As a fan of good football, I'd enjoy seeing a W'burg vs. Massie series. Although, I do agree that Wheelersburg has one of the most competitive schedule in the area.
I sure have. That was big win vs coldwater but when looking at overall strength of schedule I would still give it to burg. I also would love to see that game. I know for a fact Massie has fantastic strength and conditioning program in place which is evident in their play.

Return to “Football”