2009: 21-12 Unioto
2008: 39-19 Vinton Co.
2007: 31-15 Vinton Co.
2006: 26-0 Vinton Co.
1973: 39-6 Unioto
1972: 20-0 Unioto
1971: 27-8 Unioto

Unioto leads all time 7-4.

The tanks finished last season at 4-6 while VC had their best season since 2006 going 5-5.

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: Week 1: Vinton Co. (TVC) @ Unioto (SVC)

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Look for the Vikes to improve on last years record,starting with Unioto friday night. Vikes win a close one 14-6

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

20-18 Vikes!!
GO TVC

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Word is that the tanks did ok against Chillicothe. Hear their Defense is decent. A little worried. Taking the Vikes in a close one. 8-0. Think it will be a defenseive battle.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I will pick my Vikes just because I'm hopeful . But I'm very worried as well. Vc18
Unioto 12

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC hasn't scored a varsity touchdown in two scrimmages. I know they've had some key pieces missing that will be ready Friday, but that to me is a troublesome fact. VC must get off to a good start or it will be a long night behind the prison I'm afraid. Unioto is no slouch. They are a top 3 team in the SVC imo. One thing is for sure though, the first team to 20 points wins. Just look at the series history in my first post.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 23
VC 14

Unioto should be very explosive this season and even with a much improved defense, still gave up a ton of points last season. This could be a very tight game throughout and it wouldn't surprise me to see either team pull out a victory Friday night in Frenchtown! Good luck to both teams.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I gotta root for them Vikings ....( this game VCTransplant lol ) ........ Let's go VC

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Gameday Vikes!! Get after it early and often!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Alexander Hitman wrote:I gotta root for them Vikings ....( this game VCTransplant lol ) ........ Let's go VC
Thanks Hitman. Heard ole Sparty did well last night. Made a nice show for the Ohio. Hope we make a good showing for the TVC as well. About 2&1/2 hours till Kick off and I am ready. Hope the boys are. Go Vikes.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 39
Vinton County 25
Final

Unioto took a 32-6 lead early in the 4th before the Vikings stormed back and eventually cut it to 32-25 late, before the final Sherman score was the deciding factor. Dillon Binegar had a big night on the ground and Nick Cozad had a huge night in the kicking game (30, 35, and 43 yard FG's). I was very impressed with the VC QB, very tough kid who throws a nice ball. Good luck Vikings the rest of the way

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Great to see the Vikings get the win

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Way to go Vikings! Nice win.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

We didn't win. The tanks kicker kept us in check all night. Field position and poor tackeling killed us. Offense looked God on 2nd drive and went dormant till late in the 3rd. By then the hour glass didn't have enough sand in it. We have a lit to build on. Hopefully the bugs get worked out by next Friday. Go VIKES!!!!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

VC hopefully learned something Friday night. It was a little late for the game they were playing, but something to build on for this season. They played a shotgun offense late in the game and looked very impressive. Came from 26 down to get the score within a touchdown in the fourth. It gave Andy Long time to move and throw. Let's see what happens this Friday against Piketon!! School is in session!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Something not right in Viking country. Could be a step back this season.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Vinton County is going to have a rough road, until they get past Athens. The first part of their schedule is murder. Then Meigs,Wellston , and Nelsonville appear to be playing at the same level. Hard games but can be anyone's win. Alexander it depends on how they come along right now I think the Vikings can take them and River Valley.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I don't understand Unioto. I love their offensive scheme, (big fan of the spread, I wish we did it), but, having Hosely at QB, well...seems to me to be out of position. Hosely and Cozad did the Vikings in...no two ways about it. Hosely is by far the best athlete I have seen in a while, AND HE NEEDS 20 CARRIES A GAME. My goodness, that kid can run. I heard his combine numbers were off the charts, 4.47 40, 36 inch vertical, WOW! And at 6'4" FREAKY FREAK!! Anyways, the threat of him running kept the Vikings on their heels and Cozad with 13 points and THREE touchbacks. That's a weapon in high school football. Now, what I don't understand is that Unioto has a sophomore QB who is a great athlete himself and a better passer. Why doesn't that kid get on the field and allow Hosely to get 20 plus carries a game. Can you imagine the Techmo Bowl numbers he could put up as a rusher and receiver? I think Unioto can do some damage in the SVC.

tomcatcorner
Waterboy

Post by tomcatcorner »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I don't understand Unioto. I love their offensive scheme, (big fan of the spread, I wish we did it), but, having Hosely at QB, well...seems to me to be out of position. Hosely and Cozad did the Vikings in...no two ways about it. Hosely is by far the best athlete I have seen in a while, AND HE NEEDS 20 CARRIES A GAME. My goodness, that kid can run. I heard his combine numbers were off the charts, 4.47 40, 36 inch vertical, WOW! And at 6'4" FREAKY FREAK!! Anyways, the threat of him running kept the Vikings on their heels and Cozad with 13 points and THREE touchbacks. That's a weapon in high school football. Now, what I don't understand is that Unioto has a sophomore QB who is a great athlete himself and a better passer. Why doesn't that kid get on the field and allow Hosely to get 20 plus carries a game. Can you imagine the Techmo Bowl numbers he could put up as a rusher and receiver? I think Unioto can do some damage in the SVC.

I have said same thing. The sophomore is one heck of a QB. Hosely is definately in a league of his own. Would love to see him as a slash player and have packages for the other QB.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

I think Hosley has the chance to be a Div 1 QB if he keeps working, he is perfect size and can run. Putting him at RB puts his talents up against a lot of other guys with similar talents and even smaller guys who are faster. Id like to see Eric put a lot of time and effort into his qb skills and see where he goes.

Return to “Football”