Week 2: Coal Grove (1-0) @ Valley (1-0)

Pocket Aces
S

Re: Week 2: Coal Grove (1-0) @ Valley (1-0)

Post by Pocket Aces »

Lv Howard one yard td run, romanello kick good. Valley leads 42-14 with 759 to go

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

That's the stuff!

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

CG Gunther 8 yd td run, Gunther 2 pt run good. 3:37 to go lv leads 42-22

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

It's a final. LV 42-22

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Statement by the Indians.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Nice win for Indians. People outside including myself thought grove would out physical valley. Not the case. Ovc looks bad again

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

"Re: WK 1-COAL GROVE @ MEIGS
by vctransplant
Hmmmm. Kind of thought it would end up this way. CG is legit. No disrespect to Meigs. I just know what CG has."

-apparently, not much. OVC still bad

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I was surprised valleys oline did so great against their dline. They have prob the biggest dline I have seen and we have prob the smallest oline I have seen. We had one lineman playing that was 5-5.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

I'm not sure that disparaging Coal Grove/the OVC is the proper way to put this game in perspective. How about you just give the credit to Valley for being the better team in a game well-played.

I trust that my Hornets will bounce back and regain their focus, starting tomorrow am.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

They better!! Good job Valley!!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Here4Fun wrote:
HItops wrote:
izladoom wrote:Anyone know why they did not use the inflatable during the team entrance?
evidently it is quite a process and was ususally assembled and inflated very early on friday mornings the last several years
Which no one involved this year knew .

We hope to learn the assembly process as soon as we can all get together ...as of right now im the only one off on friday mornings and it takes at least 3 people ....we were hoping to maybe get some school personnel to help .
I can help you if you need it ......
well it took all of 40 minutes to put up the helmet ..... I think someone blew a little smoke up my a#% last week
good job on the helmet men ... You know who you are ...

as for the game ...nice win only allowed 145 yds of offense for coal grove ...we racked up 300 and some

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Redcard wrote:"Re: WK 1-COAL GROVE @ MEIGS
by vctransplant
Hmmmm. Kind of thought it would end up this way. CG is legit. No disrespect to Meigs. I just know what CG has."

-apparently, not much. OVC still bad
We found Valley's weakness but did not exploit it like we should have, Valley has zero defense up the middle, if you run between the guards you can gain 5 to 6 yards each carry, but for some reason the Grove kept going away from that and trying to match speed for speed, when CG should have kept running up the middle and forcing Valley to stop it. Good game by Valley, poor execution by Coal Grove.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

HItops wrote:
as for the game ...nice win only allowed 145 yds of offense for coal grove ...we racked up 300 and some

??? What game were you watching??? I'm known to be pretty good with the stats and have CG with over 300 yards of total offense for the game. We had 145 in three plays alone (53 yard run by Ruggles, 60 yard pass to Akers, 31 yard pass to Paulus). LV won the game, that's fine, but don't go overboard with your attempted stat-filled hyperbole, because I will bring the goods with the stats bro.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

OVC vs SOC II once again shows that the SOC II is a far more physical and athletic brand of football.

I am a bit disappointed in this outcome after hearing how good Coal Grove was supposed to be. Valley is no slouch, another solid year in store for the Indians.

I just thought CG would at least be competitive in the first half.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Pocket Aces wrote:
HItops wrote:

??? What game were you watching??? I'm known to be pretty good with the stats and have CG with over 300 yards of total offense for the game. We had 145 in three plays alone (53 yard run by Ruggles, 60 yard pass to Akers, 31 yard pass to Paulus). LV won the game, that's fine, but don't go overboard with your attempted stat-filled hyperbole, because I will bring the goods with the stats bro.
Well maybe i heard it backwards off the radio maybe valley only had 145 yds and coalgrove had 300 and some
But 42 -22 is enough said ...sorry stat man

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

This is the type of game that I love seeing my Indians win on a yearly basis. I always see a ton of people on here predicting a fall off for the Indians, and they always seem sure that Valley cannot replace the guys that graduated. Well, this is such a testament to the work that the Valley staff puts in and the program they have built. The winningest class in Valley history just graduated and yet the Indians are still plugging along. Coach Crabtree has showing the ability to develop lineman and produce a quality football team every year. Watching this game last night really put a smile on my face because I remember going to Coal Grove about 5 years ago to watch a buddies son in a junior high game and the Hornets beat the Indians something like 66-0. That would be the juniors and seniors that won last nights game. It's a great feeling that knowing each Friday that Indians coaching staff will put the boys in position to win the game. That was a great win against a quality football team! And Hitops, the helmet looked great! lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

According to the grove faithful, they had more yards. Can someone enlighten me on how the Indians doubled up the hornets even though being out gained? Something doesn't add up

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Bo_Diaz wrote:This is the type of game that I love seeing my Indians win on a yearly basis. I always see a ton of people on here predicting a fall off for the Indians, and they always seem sure that Valley cannot replace the guys that graduated. Well, this is such a testament to the work that the Valley staff puts in and the program they have built. The winningest class in Valley history just graduated and yet the Indians are still plugging along. Coach Crabtree has showing the ability to develop lineman and produce a quality football team every year. Watching this game last night really put a smile on my face because I remember going to Coal Grove about 5 years ago to watch a buddies son in a junior high game and the Hornets beat the Indians something like 66-0. That would be the juniors and seniors that won last nights game. It's a great feeling that knowing each Friday that Indians coaching staff will put the boys in position to win the game. That was a great win against a quality football team! And Hitops, the helmet looked great! lol
mr Diaz .. Love your quality posts ... The current junior
Class lost in the 8th grade 28-14 I believe ... We
Scored when we had the ball but coal grove had the ball longer ..lol
We passed it ....and they ran it and ate the clock. this current bunch of juniors have worked hard and they were good to start with on their own...their only loss and one tie with burg that year .... THE HELMET LIVES !

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

wobycat wrote:According to the grove faithful, they had more yards. Can someone enlighten me on how the Indians doubled up the hornets even though being out gained? Something doesn't add up
idk ....ask pocket aces ...

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

HItops wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote:This is the type of game that I love seeing my Indians win on a yearly basis. I always see a ton of people on here predicting a fall off for the Indians, and they always seem sure that Valley cannot replace the guys that graduated. Well, this is such a testament to the work that the Valley staff puts in and the program they have built. The winningest class in Valley history just graduated and yet the Indians are still plugging along. Coach Crabtree has showing the ability to develop lineman and produce a quality football team every year. Watching this game last night really put a smile on my face because I remember going to Coal Grove about 5 years ago to watch a buddies son in a junior high game and the Hornets beat the Indians something like 66-0. That would be the juniors and seniors that won last nights game. It's a great feeling that knowing each Friday that Indians coaching staff will put the boys in position to win the game. That was a great win against a quality football team! And Hitops, the helmet looked great! lol
mr Diaz .. Love your quality posts ... The current junior
Class lost in the 8th grade 28-14 I believe ... We
Scored when we had the ball but coal grove had the ball longer ..lol
We passed it ....and they ran it and ate the clock. this current bunch of juniors have worked hard and they were good to start with on their own...their only loss and one tie with burg that year .... THE HELMET LIVES !
I remember that but I also remember them taking a whipping the year before as 7th graders. Regardless, it's been a great turn around, and one that you have come to expect from Coach Crabtree.

Return to “Football”