WK3 (2-0) wheelersburg vs. (0-2) portsmouth

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK3 (2-0) wheelersburg vs. (0-2) portsmouth

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg should wind this game by 3+ TDs. Pirates secondary should have a lot of fun this week!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I see Portsmouth moving to 0-3 in the SOCII. Burg just has too many weapons and Portsmouth just has not had an answer to slowing anyone down yet. This could be a repeat of the 2009 game when Burg won 68-14.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Is Portsmouth QB out for this game? Someone from Portsmouth told me he was out for 5-6 weeks but didn't know the specific injury

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Someone said Burg has too many athletes? Its like saying Kia has too many Truck models to choose from.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

blackcobra1 wrote:Someone said Burg has too many athletes? Its like saying Kia has too many Truck models to choose from.
You either A. Can't read or B. Make things up because I can't see on this thread where it says burg has too many athletes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^
Don't understand the logic. If QB is hurt. Burg 56-14. With QB, burg 56 Portsmouth 28

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

lineman7 wrote:Is Portsmouth QB out for this game? Someone from Portsmouth told me he was out for 5-6 weeks but didn't know the specific injury
I know he went out late in the 4th quarter and didn't come back out for the last series. I think saturday morning on the radio coach Sparks said he had a stinger. I think the backup qb was Lowry or something like that.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I bet Coach Collins about had a heart attack!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

lineman7 wrote:Is Portsmouth QB out for this game? Someone from Portsmouth told me he was out for 5-6 weeks but didn't know the specific injury
He was had cramped up early in the second half and wass limping the entire 4th but not sure if that is why he didnt come out for the last series. I dont see cramps keeping him off the field so he may have gotten injured late in the quarter.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

over/under for on side kicks in this game 8 LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

cg-ironton fan wrote:over/under for on side kicks in this game 8 LOL
If what I read is true and Portsmouth plays undisciplined at times, I am sure Burg will try and sneak in some onside kicks for sure. I am not a big fan of the drag kick as much as the high bouncer or kick it at someone's knees as hard as you can. Lewis has a really good leg, especially for a sophomore.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

IMO: Burg wins as much as they want in this game.....this based on our inability to play defense and countless mental errors, plus word is our QB has possible MCL or ACL inury....was told he was getting MRI to check the damage...haven't heard the results. We have some skilled atheletes that present big problems for opposing teams, but this game is normally won in the trenches along with defense....and this has been lacking for at least a decade for my beloved Trojans.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Man is it Friday yet???? I can't wait for this game. This will be my second time for watching Portsmouth play and third for burg! Both team are explosive on offense! I just think burg has the upper hand on defense. Both teams have a ton of athletes! Should be a good one. Hoping for a big cowd and of course a winning split the pot ticket! GO BURG!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:IMO: Burg wins as much as they want in this game.....this based on our inability to play defense and countless mental errors, plus word is our QB has possible MCL or ACL inury....was told he was getting MRI to check the damage...haven't heard the results. We have some skilled atheletes that present big problems for opposing teams, but this game is normally won in the trenches along with defense....and this has been lacking for at least a decade for my beloved Trojans.
Yep, that's what I would post on here if Mays was thought to be hurt and I could get all the Trojan fans excited about a possible victory! LOL!! :122245

I hope the Oliver kid can play and the game be exciting! Im sure the backup for Ptown could make it exciting also btw!! I just want both teams 100%. That's what we pay for. If he is injured, good luck in his recovery. He is a great athlete that should be on the field living his dream.

As for the trenches, much has been said about the Burg oline and it is true. The D is still suspect IMO, but they have responded to Coaches Verbal threats during the games to get it together and they have responded. I hope they read their keys early and often in this game and don't give the Trojans a chance to shine. Or the coaches to chew their ARSE! LOL!

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

Good luck Burg

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Looks like Oliver is out at least a couple weeks with the MCL sprain.
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ne ... nee-injury

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

4th n Goal wrote:Looks like Oliver is out at least a couple weeks with the MCL sprain.
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ne ... nee-injury

is this backup really as good as oliver ??? coach seems to think so

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

cg-ironton fan wrote:is this backup really as good as oliver ??? coach seems to think so
He could end up being a fine QB and a great performer, but there are very few freshmen that can do that. With only a very short time being exposed to the offense and very limited game experience at the high school level, I highly doubt it. Coach Sparks is saying the right things to boost his confidence, but we will find out tomorrow night!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Chances of starting a freshmen QB against Burg at Burg and have success is a very tall task. This game could get ugly quick!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

No talk about the line? Thats why burg will win this game big! A much better o and D line.............

Return to “Football”