WEEK # 3 NORTHWEST @ HUNTINGTON

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

WEEK # 3 NORTHWEST @ HUNTINGTON

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Rare to say that this is a "must win" game this early in the season but, for the Mohawks it is just that! Very important for the NW program to be above .500 going into league play. May sound crazy but you have to get used to winning, having the confidence that you can win is paramount. Now I am a realist and winning the conference first year in....not going to happen. A finish middle of the pack would be admirable, finishing last in the SOC-I would be a "train wreck" for the Mohawk season, possibly even the future for this program. So there you go Mohawk players! Coaches can not play the game for you. MAN UP and get the job done! No excuses, it's on YOU. Have a solid week of practice and get the win Friday night!

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK # 3 NORTHWEST @ HUNTINGTON

Post by HighLightReel »

Huntington battled with two tough teams for the first two week. The first game in the township this season, I believe the Huntsmen turn things around and move forward with a win.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

One thing is for certain, winner of this game has a bit of hope to salvage the remainder of their season, the loser has a seat on the "Titanic'.

trojans16
Waterboy

Post by trojans16 »

The Huntsmen starting out 0-2 wasn't really expected in my opinion. I feel the coaches and turnovers lost us game 1 against Symmes Valley, it should have been a W. I had Wellston as a ? for the Huntsmen, because I knew Wellston were big up front. That is exactly what beat us too. Don't know much about Northwest at this point, but I think the Huntsmen start the win streak this weekend at home. Regardless, will be another great game.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NW must cut down on penalties and secure the ball. Two fumbles lost inside the RH 10 and a personal foul has to be corrected. I agree the young men have to believe in themselves. You can win! When you walk on the practice field tomorrow afternoon, you have to forget last Fridays game. Focus on what you can control. Best of luck Friday night.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

On a positive note, the Mohawk defense has played pretty well in the first couple of games, giving up an average of 12.5 points per game! I think the NW defense will be the difference tomorrow night, but the offense, as mention above, MUST take care of the football and put at least four touchdowns on the board. This offense is designed to grind it out, eat up the clock and wear down the opponents defense! Should be a good one with the Huntsmen looking for their first win coming off of two road losses and the Mohawks trying to get back on the winning track! Big game for both teams! Give the edge to the Mohawks!

Mohawks-28
Huntsmen-18

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Maverick Wellston was playing without some of their starters in the Huntington game after being banged up by Jackson. I have seen both Wellston and Northwest on film and I can tell you this, they are a completely different kind of offense. Wellston ran shotgun option plays and tried to run inside. In the film I watched Wellston had a hard time running up inside vs. Jackson their line didn't move anyone on the inside plays. Running off tackle and up inside is all that Northwest is going to do. They are a double wing team. They execute their offense pretty well.Foot to foot splits with wedge blocking up the middle and super power toss off tackle. They will have a pretty good counter game. They will block down hard and pull the backside guard and tackle plus lead with the fullback and quarterback on about every play. They don't pass much but when they did the QB was accurate the receivers dropped the ball. Against Rock Hill they looked better to me than any Northwest team I have seen for awhile. Kids play hard. I'm going with Northwest, it might not show it in win losses, but this is an improved team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

maverick17s wrote:The Huntsmen starting out 0-2 wasn't really expected in my opinion. I feel the coaches and turnovers lost us game 1 against Symmes Valley, it should have been a W. I had Wellston as a ? for the Huntsmen, because I knew Wellston were big up front. That is exactly what beat us too. Don't know much about Northwest at this point, but I think the Huntsmen start the win streak this weekend at home. Regardless, will be another great game.
I'd probably pump the brakes on the expectations. This Huntington team is coming off of an 0-10 season where they weren't remotely close to winning, so a couple wins would be a move in the right direction. This is a winable game for the Huntsmen though.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EL8PYu4RR4

Enough said.............get a good nights rest gentlemen.......tomorrow is "Game Day"!

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdoOaDmFuO0
Huntington ends their 14 game losing streak and gets the upset at home 20-14

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

GoBucks1047 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdoOaDmFuO0
Huntington ends their 14 game losing streak and gets the upset at home 20-14
That is too funny! Best of luck to the Huntsmen on ending the streak, but not till next week, eh?!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Anyone have a score on this game?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Score?

trojans16
Waterboy

Post by trojans16 »

Huntington 32 Northwest 0

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Huntington-Ross 32

Northwest 0

Not good.........................

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Didn't see that score coming.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Congratulations to the Huntington-Ross football team! The losing streak is over!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

alabama mike wrote:Didn't see that score coming.
Nor did I...........not a good sign for the remaining seven games, eh?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

alabama mike wrote:Didn't see that score coming.
Neither did I, tough setback for the Mohawks

Return to “Football”