Wheelersburg(41) @ (0)Heath

Clovis
Waterboy

Re: WK3 (2-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-2) Heath

Post by Clovis »

News Flash......burg didn't develop the spread offense. However, they do try and mimic OSU's offense which is what Ironton has done. In fact from what I have heard, their coaches actually met with the OSU offensive coordinator and got an offense from them. A version of the offense OSU ran this past Thursday which also looked like the offense burg runs. So, to think so much of yourselves to think you developed it is actually funny. However, constantly accusing a kid of taking something that you claim you developed in which he didn't is ridiculous. I remember Ironton ran a version of the spread about 3 years ago and didn't see anyone on here then pounding their chest crying foul. When you go on social media defaming a kids character and think you are safe behind a screen name......better think again. You may end up having to defend your accusations somewhere other than on social media.
Good luck to the teams as they continue on.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Clovis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:55 pm News Flash......burg didn't develop the spread offense. However, they do try and mimic OSU's offense which is what Ironton has done. In fact from what I have heard, their coaches actually met with the OSU offensive coordinator and got an offense from them. A version of the offense OSU ran this past Thursday which also looked like the offense burg runs. So, to think so much of yourselves to think you developed it is actually funny. However, constantly accusing a kid of taking something that you claim you developed in which he didn't is ridiculous. I remember Ironton ran a version of the spread about 3 years ago and didn't see anyone on here then pounding their chest crying foul. When you go on social media defaming a kids character and think you are safe behind a screen name......better think again. You may end up having to defend your accusations somewhere other than on social media.
Are you saying he didn't give them access to burgs plays? If that's the case, that's good. I apologize if I sound like I'm accusing him doing so. I would assume they would be more upset that ironton could steal what burg would signal in rather than trying to stop ironton from using their plays. That would seem silly to do so since burg would know exactly what to do.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

laser breath wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am
Kleao wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:28 am
Nut wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm Burg just recruited another two kids from New Boston one from Green and one from South Webster. Seen it on max preps.
No way! Burg would never take students from other schools. They firmly believe no child should ever transfer. Oh no wait I'm sorry. They believe no one should ever leave Burg! They will take any transfer for the better of Burg! Sorry I got that mixed up!
I'm sure they don't mind if a player leaves but I think they might be a little touchy when the their playbook goes with them and is shown to the coach of a team that they are going to play.
RIGHT🙄😉

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

laser breath wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:30 pm
Clovis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:55 pm News Flash......burg didn't develop the spread offense. However, they do try and mimic OSU's offense which is what Ironton has done. In fact from what I have heard, their coaches actually met with the OSU offensive coordinator and got an offense from them. A version of the offense OSU ran this past Thursday which also looked like the offense burg runs. So, to think so much of yourselves to think you developed it is actually funny. However, constantly accusing a kid of taking something that you claim you developed in which he didn't is ridiculous. I remember Ironton ran a version of the spread about 3 years ago and didn't see anyone on here then pounding their chest crying foul. When you go on social media defaming a kids character and think you are safe behind a screen name......better think again. You may end up having to defend your accusations somewhere other than on social media.
Are you saying he didn't give them access to burgs plays? If that's the case, that's good. I apologize if I sound like I'm accusing him doing so. I would assume they would be more upset that ironton could steal what burg would signal in rather than trying to stop ironton from using their plays. That would seem silly to do so since burg would know exactly what to do.
All you daddy's need to calm down and get it together! Be happy that your kids are better athletes than you EVER were in your glory days! You are so happy your kids can beat Ironton! A task YOU could NEVER do! I don't blame you! I would be excited too! Burg has a fantastic team. YOU sound like an absolute moron. If your referring to a Jr high game, the CHILD you are referring too wasn't even on the field. However I do think that your Jr High has a kid transfer from Ironton if I'm not mistaken! Did you grill that kid before the season? Did you ask him any information before you played Ironton? What about your transfer from Portsmouth! Did you get any plays or information from that kid? Just a question! Don't be classless! Get over it and move on! You act like you are losing sleep! Instead of teaching our kids that winning is the only thing in life, try teaching them to be humble and kind! Give it a try.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Kleao wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 pm
All you daddy's need to calm down and get it together! Be happy that your kids are better athletes than you EVER were in your glory days! You are so happy your kids can beat Ironton! A task YOU could NEVER do! I don't blame you! I would be excited too! Burg has a fantastic team. YOU sound like an absolute moron. If your referring to a Jr high game, the CHILD you are referring too wasn't even on the field. However I do think that your Jr High has a kid transfer from Ironton if I'm not mistaken! Did you grill that kid before the season? Did you ask him any information before you played Ironton? What about your transfer from Portsmouth! Did you get any plays or information from that kid? Just a question! Don't be classless! Get over it and move on! You act like you are losing sleep! Instead of teaching our kids that winning is the only thing in life, try teaching them to be humble and kind! Give it a try.
I must have missed something

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

The Fact is that the Ironton coaching staff would take they plays from Burg from the Kid in the first place and try to implement the exact plays is crazy and wrong to do period !!! With that said it did not help Ironton at all.

Clovis
Waterboy

Post by Clovis »

What's crazier than that is that you are gullible enough to believe it lol. They are running an offense that was taken from the same college team. How come there is no complaints about the buckeyes running it lol.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Who cares if someone knows your playbook! Normally if a staff has a good scouting staff and studies game film, they'll know what the plays are in the first place. And, so what if you know the play? It ultimately comes down to this, can you stop it?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Again this goes away if someone just says he didn't give them access to their playbook or account or whatever they call it. That's all that needs to be done here. I agree anyone can come up with the same formations, same plays, etc but this kid is getting a bad rap because he gave them access to vault I guess. The way to get past is for someone who knows to say he didn't. End of story.

I agree with Vladimir. Who cares if they got it? If they did, it didn't help obviously.

Clovis
Waterboy

Post by Clovis »

I said in an earlier post that the coaching staff got their offense after meeting with coaches from OSU. There is no access to anything being given. Again, they are running an offense from a university that has been successful with it that burg has copied as well. That rumor about giving them access to some vault is ridiculous and something particular people came up with to stir the pot which obviously those who dance to that music took it all in. You are right about a kid getting a bad rap because of adults who have not reached maturity yet believe they created something that every university in the country and many many high schools already run. Even though that kid had no say in his move and burg people say they don't need him, which they don't, then leave him alone. Enjoy your season and take it all in.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

There you go. End of story. case closed. Let's Move on. Burg better be ready to play Heath because they are better than what people think they are.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Clovis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:03 pm What's crazier than that is that you are gullible enough to believe it lol. They are running an offense that was taken from the same college team. How come there is no complaints about the buckeyes running it lol.
Whats crazy is its been 2 weeks and we are still talking about this

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Burg but closer than some believe

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I think you are right Tartan. BIG tests coming up during next 3 weeks for Wheelersburg. Heath has played 2 powerhouse schools and scored 13 and 33 on the teams in the losses. Bishop will be a great test. Jackson has been dominant so far this year.

One thing I do know is that Burg coaches will have the team ready. These 3 teams coming up are really good, but Burg is really good too. Going to be exciting to see how they go.

GO BURG!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 pm I think you are right Tartan. BIG tests coming up during next 3 weeks for Wheelersburg. Heath has played 2 powerhouse schools and scored 13 and 33 on the teams in the losses. Bishop will be a great test. Jackson has been dominant so far this year.

One thing I do know is that Burg coaches will have the team ready. These 3 teams coming up are really good, but Burg is really good too. Going to be exciting to see how they go.

GO BURG!
I don't do predictions but if I did I would be taking the burg because everyone knows burg only schedules teams they know they can beat :lol:

Footballmom22
Waterboy

Post by Footballmom22 »

JTEK wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Junior High is irrelevant to this HIGH SCHOOL conversation. But for the record, no play books from Ironton or Portsmouth were needed in their wins this season.

vladimir
S

Re: Wheelersburg 2-0 vs Heath 0-2

Post by vladimir »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 pm
The pirate indian wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:31 am Lol what a ridiculous comment. I feel like we have a pretty nice schedule with my only complaint being the fairland game. The schedule has the potential to be fairly difficult with at least half of them being playoff quality teams. I can't think of another nearby school with a more challenging season. Next year will only further separate us in the first 10 difficulty rating.
There is no one in this half the state IMO that has a schedule anywhere near as challenging as ours. I don't know much on heath other than they went 10-0 last yr and lost a lot but we have the potential to lose 1 or 2 of the next 3 games. Don't think it will happen but anything is possible

Ever heard of the DIV Clinton-Massie Falcons? They're 20-miles west of Hillsboro in Clarksburg, Ohio. They just beat Coldwater 24-14 last Friday night. As a fan of good football, I'd enjoy seeing a W'burg vs. Massie series. Although, I do agree that Wheelersburg has one of the most competitive schedule in the area.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think all this mumbo jumbo about the playbook falls back to this one thing. It's called respect. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Coach did t care if they got the plays. What he cared more about was probably Vass reaching out to him for help and then turning around and using the Hudl account. That's probably what it was. But what do I know? Y'all can't keep claiming this and that. But really think about it. Stupid conversation to have. And Heath? I really don't know anything about them. They were good last year and now are 0-2. Does that mean anything? Not really. I know Burg will field a solid team and play their guts out. If they catch a 14 point lead it can turn ugly quick. Best for Heath to slow the game down. But that will be hard to do against thisBurg defense. I know we will all find out in just a couple short days. Good luck to both sides.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Footballmom22 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm
JTEK wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Junior High is irrelevant to this HIGH SCHOOL conversation. But for the record, no play books from Ironton or Portsmouth were needed in their wins this season.
Exactly so why keep going on and on? But actually it's not irrelevant because the CHILD in question was accused for doing something while at the Jr high game!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I thought this thread was supposed to be about Burg v/s Heath ? SMH! I think Burg wins this one but I'm hoping they get tested before the Watterson game

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”