Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: Athens (5-0) @ Steubenville (4-1)

Post by bucks_09 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:Anyone with access to a copy of this game willing to upload it to YouTube?
Nelsonville TV Cable owns the rights to what they tape, so unless someone has their permission that would be illegal.

If you wanted to, you could stop by or contact Movies 10 just outside Nelsonville and get your own copy of the game. Usually provided for free.
Or just call athens athletic director. They have been streaming the games live on the internet illegally and charging access to the website to watch it. Pretty crappy thing to do to.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They did not stream Friday's game. Steubenville had some sort of internet block or firewall.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

athens78 wrote:I've talked to many business associates in Columbus and they keep asking me about this Burrow kid and why he signed with Ohio State since the quarterback in FL is gonna sign. They haven't even heard of him and they are big buckeye fans as most are up there. I told them he's the real deal and they come back with he's not even listed in the Rival.com anywhere. After looking on Rivals they list him as the 22nd ranked dual quarterback and he's ranked 29th in the state which I assume is over all no matter position. However he doesn't show up in the National Rankings. So yes even people in Columbus wasn't really caring about this one. I still can't believe they don't even know who Joe is.

stop talking to business associates that went to Michigan

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Burrow is already a better true QB than Miller or Barrett. Joey throwing passes to miller would be unstopable although that will never happen.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bucks_09 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:Anyone with access to a copy of this game willing to upload it to YouTube?
Nelsonville TV Cable owns the rights to what they tape, so unless someone has their permission that would be illegal.

If you wanted to, you could stop by or contact Movies 10 just outside Nelsonville and get your own copy of the game. Usually provided for free.
Or just call athens athletic director. They have been streaming the games live on the internet illegally and charging access to the website to watch it. Pretty crappy thing to do to.
That's a little nugget I didn't know about!

That's not very cool!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

bucks_09 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Athens HS owns the rights to Athens Highs School athletic contest! Same as every other school in the regular season. NY TV Cable owns the right to its broadcast and talent, but not the film of a game. (unless said film is also that of NY TV, which I do not believe it is)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I called down to Movies 10 last year for a copy of the NY-Logan game since I couldn't make it, and they said they quit making them games available on DVD.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Not saying Burrows can't plat QB at OSU but is he being recruited for a QB or as a Athlete.
The young man can play I attest to that but is it at QB or as a Athlete to play a position of need in the future ?

Another "but" head......

He was recruited as a QB.
I asked a honest question I'm not another BUT Head.
I see Ohio State has a Redshirt QB doing quite well I just asked if he could be brought in as a athlete and not a QB.
If you don't know the answer the refrain from answering Orange and Brown.
I never disrespected the young man so please do not do the same to me.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

maniac66 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Not saying Burrows can't plat QB at OSU but is he being recruited for a QB or as a Athlete.
The young man can play I attest to that but is it at QB or as a Athlete to play a position of need in the future ?

Another "but" head......

He was recruited as a QB.
I asked a honest question I'm not another BUT Head.
I see Ohio State has a Redshirt QB doing quite well I just asked if he could be brought in as a athlete and not a QB.
If you don't know the answer the refrain from answering Orange and Brown.
I never disrespected the young man so please do not do the same to me.

He is recruited as a QB

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

He's ranked as the #10 QB - (Dual Threat) in his class.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... e-buckeyes

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

If you want copies of Athens, Nelsonville or Trimble games get a Tivo and a DVD burner. Make them yourself, easy.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm a Burrow fan but no way is he a better quarterback then either Barrett or Miller at this time, he's not even better then the kid from Florida I understand.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:I'm a Burrow fan but no way is he a better quarterback then either Barrett or Miller at this time, he's not even better then the kid from Florida I understand.
Barrett played one good defense (Virginia Tech) and looked terrible.

Everyone wants to throw the 'strength of schedule' out when it benefits their argument - but then ignores it when it doesn't.

I for one am sick of these 'running quarterbacks' - slash - ath/QB - slash - dual threat types that Ohio State has had under center for years. They can't throw a simple, accurate fly pattern to the backs. Let alone a 20-yard out to a WR.

Burrow is a proto-type, 6-foot-4 drop back passer with above average athletic ability. He has the arm strength to push the ball 30, 40 or even 50 yards down field and can hit the WR on a dime. Meyer has seen this and his offense thrives with a guy like Burrow under center. He's a lot like Alex Smith in that regard - and Meyer did pretty good with him at Utah if you remember.

Even if Burrow sits behind Barrett, he can redshirt next season (Barrett's soph year), be a freshmen when Barrett is a junior - and if he develops the way Ohio State thinks he will - has a chance to start as a Junior.

If Torrance Gibson commits to Ohio State - then the picture gets interesting - but quite honestly, I think Gibson stays down south and ends up going to FSU or Florida.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Personally i like a QB like Burrow because I'm thinking past college. Burrow's style is set for the pro better than Barrett. Just take the top ten QBs in the pro and Burrow's style is like 8 of those. His style will have him lasting longer as a professional .

If Burrows plays at Ohio State their game will have to change. Honestly I would have had him go to a college that already run is style now. [and that is not at a smaller college].

Some people just want to complain about a player because they do not like the team he is on. Here in southeastern Ohio players like Burrows do not come around often and when they do the area needs to get behind the player and hope for his future to be good.

For me I will be following him the rest of his high school days and beyond.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Joey could cause one of the others to x fer.
Great win at Stubie Bulldogs! Heard it was the most points scored by an opponent there for like 30 years. Should coast into playoffs. Look for a long run and a championship for the Dawgs, and Trimble too.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Burrow should decommit from OSU and go to a school like Tennessee, WVU, or even Cincinnati. I think he will get looked over at OSU, even if he is the best quarterback on the roster, because he may not necessisarily be the best athlete or most dynamic playmaker at quarterback. I really don't see any quarterbacks being NFL ready from playing in this offense that OSU is running since Meyer took over.

Burrow also fits the mold of what Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Michigan are doing on offense. I could be wrong, but I don't see him having the success at OSU, that he would at another program that could help him become more NFL ready. Torrence Gibson coming to OSU and Burrow choosing a different school could possibly be the best thing to happen for him.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:Burrow should decommit from OSU and go to a school like Tennessee, WVU, or even Cincinnati. I think he will get looked over at OSU, even if he is the best quarterback on the roster, because he may not necessisarily be the best athlete or most dynamic playmaker at quarterback. I really don't see any quarterbacks being NFL ready from playing in this offense that OSU is running since Meyer took over.

Burrow also fits the mold of what Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Michigan are doing on offense. I could be wrong, but I don't see him having the success at OSU, that he would at another program that could help him become more NFL ready. Torrence Gibson coming to OSU and Burrow choosing a different school could possibly be the best thing to happen for him.

From a huge Buckeye Fan, I agree with you for all you have stated.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think what some of you fail to recognize is the offense Ohio State has been running is not exactly what Urban has ran in the past. Maybe that's why he came looking for Burrow - obviously what they've been doing hasn't got them to where Urban expects them to be.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I would really hate for OSU to have a Jameis Winston type (Gibson) with off the field problems.
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/5 ... d-transfer

Based on his highlights, he is more of a runner than a passer (lots of receivers adjust routes to catch his passes). Definitely a Braxton Miller type on the field.
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... n_qbs.html

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

93Bulldog wrote:I think what some of you fail to recognize is the offense Ohio State has been running is not exactly what Urban has ran in the past. Maybe that's why he came looking for Burrow - obviously what they've been doing hasn't got them to where Urban expects them to be.
If that's the case, I don't think OSU would still be heavily recruiting Gibson.
Urban already named Braxton as the starter next year, leaving Barret who has played well to likely take back over after next season. Burrow will need a lot of things to fall in place to be the starter for more than a year. I just think with his talent he could start at a big program as a sophomore or freshmen and be much more NFL ready than if he goes to OSU.

I've watched him play and honestly believe that he is very underrated. So why not go somewhere you can play early in your career?

Return to “Football”