WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WEEK 6 WHEELERSBURG(4-1) @ COAL GROVE(3-2)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I have a question for the Grovers! How big is the kid y'all have been using at fullback to block! Lol on film he looks like a giant!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nothing meant by that comment Just get tired of BS.
Go Burg.

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

Sorry i love the grove but we are down 14 points before kickoff due to our coaching vs the burgs. I like to think we have a great defensive game plan but thats a joke. Waverly couldnt run inside so at half they aadjusted and ran the edge . Our staff had no answer. It looked liked biddy league just run outside and grove had no one to set the edge and wavetly got the corner again and again. No distespect to waverly but with our talent we should won by 3 tds. Jay still wont use one of the best fullbacks in the league #40 is a strong runner who punishes defenses all 3 times he gets the ball. Heard they are making an example because he didnt run track. 4 and goal at raceland and no only not give the kid the ball they take him out so he cant even block. The kid is a great blocker. Our 140 lb tailback gets hit in backfield. Game Over. This is the little thing that continually get us beat. Lack of detail from the coaches and llack of discipline from the players. Which is still jays, I mean the coaches fault. Same crap every year. I honestly if i could not win with this talent do whats right for the program and step down. That being said burg by 4 scores. Losing has become acceptable at the grove, and you will see them quit if they get down by 2 scores. Thanks Jay for wasting another year of great talent

Bad Press
Waterboy

Post by Bad Press »

2trap what is it you heard. Would love to know buddy. Thanks

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Hornet785 wrote:2trap what is it you heard. Would love to know buddy. Thanks
I would hate to see what Rock Hills fans have to say about CG coaching staff with the grovers doing this. My Tigers are dealing or should I say WAS dealing with the same issues. Seemed like. 70% of the comments were hammering the coaching staff. And 3-7 last yr and a sluggish start it was somewhat understandable. But I would challenge all Fans to support the staff. Doesn't mean u can challenge or disagree. But to flat out do public hangings on this site that the players are looking at is sad. I'm sure Tigers fans wanted to win as bad as 2 trap n H785 does. But when u put doubt In the players minds about their coach you might as well be telling the opposing teams the plays CG are running. I'm sure that's not ur intent. You want CG to win. Want this. "Talented team. " to win. N u disagree with the coach But to read these kids would have to lose faith and that's a shame. This team that good n u really want to see them win. "Support the team". Means more to the players than the coaches . My Tigers took it on the chin the 2nd half vs burg and was outplayed vs CG n scrimmage IMO. And we had the same thing. I kept the faith along with many others. And we got a huge win up north and it turned our yr around and here we are in the best position we've seen in a while. This game vs Burg could do the same thing for CG. It's almost like some ironton and CG fans want them to fail just because they don't agree with Vass or Lucas Last time I checked it's # 8 , 26 senior yr #32 ,22 jr yr along with many others. Support them it truly goes a long way. They only get one chance at HS. Let's not impact it in a negative way.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

bump
Last edited by 2trap_4ever on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

youthsportsfan wrote:
Hornet785 wrote:2trap what is it you heard. Would love to know buddy. Thanks
I would hate to see what Rock Hills fans have to say about CG coaching staff with the grovers doing this. My Tigers are dealing or should I say WAS dealing with the same issues. Seemed like. 70% of the comments were hammering the coaching staff. And 3-7 last yr and a sluggish start it was somewhat understandable. But I would challenge all Fans to support the staff. Doesn't mean u can challenge or disagree. But to flat out do public hangings on this site that the players are looking at is sad. I'm sure Tigers fans wanted to win as bad as 2 trap n H785 does. But when u put doubt In the players minds about their coach you might as well be telling the opposing teams the plays CG are running. I'm sure that's not ur intent. You want CG to win. Want this. "Talented team. " to win. N u disagree with the coach But to read these kids would have to lose faith and that's a shame. This team that good n u really want to see them win. "Support the team". Means more to the players than the coaches . My Tigers took it on the chin the 2nd half vs burg and was outplayed vs CG n scrimmage IMO. And we had the same thing. I kept the faith along with many others. And we got a huge win up north and it turned our yr around and here we are in the best position we've seen in a while. This game vs Burg could do the same thing for CG. It's almost like some ironton and CG fans want them to fail just because they don't agree with Vass or Lucas Last time I checked it's # 8 , 26 senior yr #32 ,22 jr yr along with many others. Support them it truly goes a long way. They only get one chance at HS. Let's not impact it in a negative way.
It's not that I don't agree with Lucas, he is not coaching anymore that I have a problem with. He doesn't have that same intensity that he use to have and I will say that JR. is a joke (nothing personal against him), he can't coach. I want this team to succeed but with the lack of coaching I don't see that happening. YSF, you also prove a point in your statement, winning cures all ill wills. This coaching staff thinks that we can keep take good talent, playing mediocre football and people will be okay with it. Well, there are more than a few of us in this school district that are tired of the way talent is being wasted in Coal Grove. What can the coaching staff do, maybe coach, actually do their job and have this team prepared, make adjustments when needed, teach the fundamentals, it is funny how a lot of little things are holding this team back and tarnishing a great coaching career. I know Lucas Sr. hasn't forgotten how to coach, he needs to pull the reigns back on Jr. and take the lead back himself, doing that along this week will have this game close through the fourth quarter.
Last edited by 2trap_4ever on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Deleted some things off of some posts, don't want to air "hearsay". As for the boys reading this I hope they do and I hope they get fired up about everyone counting them out. It is up to them to win this game and I truly hope that they come out with so much anger, and intensity that they play the best game we have seen in 6 years. If they do that then I feel no one can touch this team, but if they come out and do same old things we have seen all year then we will get the same results, another team doing whatever they want to us on our home field. So if there are players reading this stuff I will ask this, "How bad do you want it"? Not a hard question but one that this team needs to look deep inside to answer. Everyone knows what they are capable of, it is do they have the desire to achieve it.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

2trap_4ever wrote:As for the boys reading this I hope they do and I hope they get fired up about everyone counting them out.
I think boys that read this and see the opposition counting them out does fire them up to an extent, but when their own fans do it, I am not so sure...

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Both teams come in with a winning percentage that is the same among teams that they have beaten. Interesting. Both are at .400 among the teams they have beaten.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Even though we lost at the Burg last year, I thought that it was our best all-around performance of the year....we were truly one or two plays away from winning that game. We match up well with them and I look for more of the same this year. I look for our QB to have a big game Friday night, weather forecast be darned.

I will ALWAYS believe in these boys AND their coaches.

Hornets 32
Wheelersburg 20

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Pocket Aces wrote:Even though we lost at the Burg last year, I thought that it was our best all-around performance of the year....we were truly one or two plays away from winning that game. We match up well with them and I look for more of the same this year. I look for our QB to have a big game Friday night, weather forecast be darned.

I will ALWAYS believe in these boys AND their coaches.

Hornets 32
Wheelersburg 20
I'll be looking forward to your updates.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If coal grove doesn't have radio, burgfan.com should have it.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:If coal grove doesn't have radio, burgfan.com should have it.
brutal!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

The only brutal thing will be how bad Burg beats the Grove by.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

It looks like the worst weather is going to be during the day. Maybe by game time it'll clear up. :122245
Coal Grove came ready to play vs the Burg last year. I would expect the same this year.
I think the Pirates bounce back from the loss to Jackson and get the win this week in a hard fought game.
Burg pulls away in the 2nd half.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Burg gets it's jv a lot of work in the second half in this game! 50-6 Burg

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

grove has .034% chance of winning.........

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

In my heart Cg has a chance to Win this game , but they will get out coached by the 1 man wrecking coach they have. (Seriously take I. Some input from the other coaches)

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Wheelersburg's big line is gonna be too much for Coalgrove to handle. Burg by 21

Return to “Football”