Valley @ Portsmouth West

courier
All Conference

Re: Valley @ Portsmouth West

Post by courier »

jumpstart wrote:West's Passing attack will keep Valleys defence off balance all night and set up big runs. I'll take West by 2 scores.
I'll take Valley and 14...How much? :mrgreen:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I would take that bet too.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

How bout rushing/passing stats from the last game played for each team?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

local superstar wrote:How bout rushing/passing stats from the last game played for each team?
Don't have anything official. But Valley had approx 350 yds rushing and approx 160 yds passing. Around 500 yards of total offense. That is not exact but very close

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

I haven't been a member or regular poster on this site, but I have been reading on here for years. What amazes me is that West always seems to be the favorite in this game, always seem to be more physical, always seem to have some sort of advantage, but Valley always seems to win... and win in impressive fashion. Just last year West was coming off a big win against Minford, the West faithful were out in big numbers speaking on West's physical style of play being too much for Valley's finesse, and it didn't quite turn out that way. As a Burg fan, the Indians are the team that scares me all the time. I always expect them to come into week 9 undefeated and I don't expect anything else this year. After seeing Coal Grove battle against Burg last night, and knowing how Valley dismantled the Hornets it has me feeling like everyone is underestimating Valley once again. Their coaching staff is hands down the best around and continually finds a way to shut down the teams in the SOC. I can't help but believe Valley will be too much for West once again, even though this should be an exciting game. I'll go Valley 35-20.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

Honestly Valley hasn't beat anybody except waverly which is the sleeper I think, and neither has West and they played a good LU team to the wire ,not the same team as last year but they were a solid football team, Newark Catholic was young and didn't have much experience, but West over the weeks has become better, and I'm sure that Valley has also, but it's hard for me to see Valley being able to over power is like they did last year with Arnett in the backfield and the big aggressive line they had, Valley was great last year best team in SOC for sure, but no offense the 6-0 start that is great, it's really something special that those kids have don't the past 4 years, but I'm afraid the Wild West Siders are gonna rewrite the script Friday night an ruin the 36-0 regular season success Valley has had. Goodluck to an injury free SOC II SHOWDOWN

The Senators - 14
The Indians - 13

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley has to be the favorite to win not only this game, but the SOCII until someone steps up and beats them. West can win the game, but that sure doesn't mean we will.

I do feel much better that the team discipline and scheme now gives us a much better chance to compete. We could not effectively defend spread offenses before out of the base 5-2. Offensively when Valley stacked the box we had no answer in the passing game. Both of those deficiencies are strengths of this team. I'm expecting a great game either way.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

chicken_coop wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:Well, I predicted West at the beginning of the year to win the SOCII and then I sort of hedged and predicted a 3-way tie with West/Burg/Valley lol.

So I am going out on limb and picking West and predicting Welch to go beast mode in his Senior Homecoming game and finds a way to help his team win this one.
I was informed West has already had homecoming.
Lol, well scratch the Homecoming part then chicken coop, this game be the feature contest in Scioto Co. Week 7.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
jumpstart wrote:West's Passing attack will keep Valleys defence off balance all night and set up big runs. I'll take West by 2 scores.
I'll take Valley and 14...How much? :mrgreen:
Lol I also want in on this!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

chicken_coop wrote:
Jorge Sandusky wrote:I like West in this one, not impressed with Valley this year and I would love to see West knock them off. I'm sure there are a whole lot of people in the county that would love to see an upset in this game.
Everyone outside Lucasville wants to see Valley lose.
No me coop! I want them Indians 8-0 coming to burg. Lol if burg can win its that much sweeter & if we lose.... Well I don't want to think about that

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Westfan wrote:Valley has to be the favorite to win not only this game, but the SOCII until someone steps up and beats them. West can win the game, but that sure doesn't mean we will.

I do feel much better that the team discipline and scheme now gives us a much better chance to compete. We could not effectively defend spread offenses before out of the base 5-2. Offensively when Valley stacked the box we had no answer in the passing game. Both of those deficiencies are strengths of this team. I'm expecting a great game either way.
I think West can win also but realistically I'm going to have to see Valley get beat before I pick against them. They've earned it. Should be a dandy!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Lets put it this way.......Valley is a BEAST! and they have been for the past few years that they have been in the SOC II, I'm very impressed with them being undefeated now going on 4 years now. Until somebody beats them (especially around here) then they will continue being the BEAST! As much as I hate to say it....but after watching my Pirates play the way they have the last couple games.....Valley will probably be undefeated again this year as well. Hats off to Valley boys and their coaching staff! It will be very nice IF Da Burg beats Valley this year but I'm not getting my hopes up after watching our defense these last couple games. Not sure what happened to them (injuries, lower confidence, too much confidence, etc.) but what ever it is, I hope they start playing like they did the first 4 games! They were lights out good! Good luck to west and everybody else who plays Valley because your really going to need it! IF....Valley does win out, I would just like to see them go further into the play-offs then 1 or 2 weeks. Seems like the last few years, Valley gets beat by a team that I think Da Burg could've beat??? Any way, just had to get that off my chest. My prediction for this game is:

Valley 42
West 13

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

PirateFan2 wrote:Lets put it this way.......Valley is a BEAST! and they have been for the past few years that they have been in the SOC II, I'm very impressed with them being undefeated now going on 4 years now. Until somebody beats them (especially around here) then they will continue being the BEAST! As much as I hate to say it....but after watching my Pirates play the way they have the last couple games.....Valley will probably be undefeated again this year as well. Hats off to Valley boys and their coaching staff! It will be very nice IF Da Burg beats Valley this year but I'm not getting my hopes up after watching our defense these last couple games. Not sure what happened to them (injuries, lower confidence, too much confidence, etc.) but what ever it is, I hope they start playing like they did the first 4 games! They were lights out good! Good luck to west and everybody else who plays Valley because your really going to need it! IF....Valley does win out, I would just like to see them go further into the play-offs then 1 or 2 weeks. Seems like the last few years, Valley gets beat by a team that I think Da Burg could've beat??? Any way, just had to get that off my chest. My prediction for this game is:

Valley 42
West 13
Not nit picking....but Valley has went 3 weeks, 3 weeks, and 2 weeks into the playoffs the last 3 years. Right now all eyes are on West, Id put the odds at Valley -2.5 right now. Lol

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

PirateFan2 wrote:Lets put it this way.......Valley is a BEAST! and they have been for the past few years that they have been in the SOC II, I'm very impressed with them being undefeated now going on 4 years now. Until somebody beats them (especially around here) then they will continue being the BEAST! As much as I hate to say it....but after watching my Pirates play the way they have the last couple games.....Valley will probably be undefeated again this year as well. Hats off to Valley boys and their coaching staff! It will be very nice IF Da Burg beats Valley this year but I'm not getting my hopes up after watching our defense these last couple games. Not sure what happened to them (injuries, lower confidence, too much confidence, etc.) but what ever it is, I hope they start playing like they did the first 4 games! They were lights out good! Good luck to west and everybody else who plays Valley because your really going to need it! IF....Valley does win out, I would just like to see them go further into the play-offs then 1 or 2 weeks. Seems like the last few years, Valley gets beat by a team that I think Da Burg could've beat??? Any way, just had to get that off my chest. My prediction for this game is:

Valley 42
West 13
Actually in the regional championship 2 years ago. They lost to liberty union. If you remember, that is the same liberty union team that beat Burg and Oak Hill on the way to the regional championship where they beat Valley.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I am not saying who is going to win this game but some of the predictions are starting to get a little crazy saying that west will hold Valley to 13pts I think west will have to put up 35+ to keep up or it will be a long night There has only been one team to keep Valley out of the 40s and I dont think west has the defense to stop that from happening again this week. West offense is going to have to show up to play

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Here4Fun wrote:I am not saying who is going to win this game but some of the predictions are starting to get a little crazy saying that west will hold Valley to 13pts I think west will have to put up 35+ to keep up or it will be a long night There has only been one team to keep Valley out of the 40s and I dont think west has the defense to stop that from happening again this week. West offense is going to have to show up to play
It's no more crazy than saying Valley is going to hold West to 13 points. Valley's defense has only held one team to under 14 points all year. Now I'm not saying West is a offensive juggernuat but Valleys defense isn't the same as it was last year either.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

noles_fan wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:I am not saying who is going to win this game but some of the predictions are starting to get a little crazy saying that west will hold Valley to 13pts I think west will have to put up 35+ to keep up or it will be a long night There has only been one team to keep Valley out of the 40s and I dont think west has the defense to stop that from happening again this week. West offense is going to have to show up to play
It's no more crazy than saying Valley is going to hold West to 13 points. Valley's defense has only held one team to under 14 points all year. Now I'm not saying West is a offensive juggernuat but Valleys defense isn't the same as it was last year either.

Valley's starters held Coal Grove to 2 scores, they held Flemingsburg to 18 and Waverly starters to 7, and shut out Fairland's starters... Valley's defense has improved a TON. No one has run the ball on Valley much, almost every touchdown has been a pass or set up by a long pass.

If West can't throw the ball they will not score much

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

lineman7 wrote:
noles_fan wrote:

Valley's starters held Coal Grove to 2 scores, they held Flemingsburg to 18 and Waverly starters to 7, and shut out Fairland's starters... Valley's defense has improved a TON. No one has run the ball on Valley much, almost every touchdown has been a pass or set up by a long pass.

If West can't throw the ball they will not score much
They also gave up 40 to Piketon. That is more than huntington ross gave up

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Heh, most (if not all) of those points were jump ball deep passes to Piketon's 6'6 receiver against the same 5'10 defender

2 of the 3 scores by Flemingsburg were also long passes on the same defender... Valley made a change after that game and have improved their pass defense a lot

Like I said if West can really throw the ball this will be a great game
Last edited by lineman7 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It appears this will be the same song and dance as the last three years all week....Valley will have to play the perfect game to compete with West.

Return to “Football”