WEEK 7: LOGAN (3-3) @ JACKSON (6-0)

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WEEK 7: LOGAN (3-3) @ JACKSON (6-0)

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:Locos, what are the % run to pass for the Chief's' offense this year...any stats?
Logan has been interesting in their offensive approach this season.

The first two weeks Logan relied HEAVILY on their passing game. Combined stats for Lancaster/Teays:

43 rushes, 143 yards, 2 TDs

40-72 passing, 592 yards, 8 TDs, 1 INT

Since then, Logan has committed to the running game:

146 rushes, 1,020 yards, 13 TDs

31-62 passing, 500 yards, 5TDs, 0 INT

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Jackson by at least 3 TD's

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Another way to look at:

Logan has to run the ball to win. Which will be extremely difficult against an OUTSTANDING Jackson front 7.

Logan 3 Losses:

75 rushes, 201 yards, 3 TDs (2.68 ypc)

55-103 passing, 743 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT

Logan's 3 WINS:

114 rushes, 962 yards, 12 TDs (8.43 ypc)

16-31 passing, 349 yards, 4 TDs

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

athens78 wrote:Jackson by at least 3 TD's
No way, the current class in Jackson (jr. & sr.) have been beat by the same class in Logan now a couple times. Once in jr. high (yes I understand it is jr. high) and also last year obviously. The freshman classes played neck and neck a couple years ago although Jackson eventually won, so for whatever reason these games have been close in recent history (last 3 years).

Logan has played D1 Lancaster and D2 Teays Valley and D6 Loudonville...so one could argue that the competition has been a little tougher (bigger) than Jackson's West Jefferson (D5), Ready (D6) and Wheelersburg (D5). Logan competed in each of those first two games and for much of the Loudonville game as I understand it.

So I think this one is very close, it is our Homecoming, and a very big game in the league (what is left of it).

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

LoganLocos wrote:Another way to look at:

Logan has to run the ball to win. Which will be extremely difficult against an OUTSTANDING Jackson front 7.

Logan 3 Losses:

75 rushes, 201 yards, 3 TDs (2.68 ypc)

55-103 passing, 743 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT

Logan's 3 WINS:

114 rushes, 962 yards, 12 TDs (8.43 ypc)

16-31 passing, 349 yards, 4 TDs

Interesting, my guess is we will see some passing. Maybe some higher percentage shorter routes or screens...but my bet is we will see Logan air it out a little.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan's passing game is pretty vertical, and I think that's their best chance against JHS. But they'll need to protect Lane Little.

Jackson and Loudonville are similar. Dominant defensive lines and linebackers who flat out control the game. I give Jackson the edge as I think they are quicker and deeper than the unit Logan faced at Loudonville.

LVille may have had a slight edge in the secondary.

Logan WAS able to find some running room against Loudonville. In fact, the home radio feed (Loudonvilles) was surprised Logan didn't run it more. BUT, after some huge special teams miscues (blocked punts, fumbled kick off, etc) they had to go to the air to try to get back in it.

Jackson VS Logan is always a battle of strength and will. I expect Friday to be no different.

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

prediction: Jackson 34 Logan 14 I heard that Jackson will play Talawanda next year in the place of Ironton. The fourth week is still open.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Texas 2 wrote:prediction: Jackson 34 Logan 14 I heard that Jackson will play Talawanda next year in the place of Ironton. The fourth week is still open.
Good prediction! Our special teams are in need of some special Ed.!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Texas 2 wrote:prediction: Jackson 34 Logan 14 I heard that Jackson will play Talawanda next year in the place of Ironton. The fourth week is still open.
Yes, heard same thing Oxford Talawanda to replace Ironton because of their OVC league schedule commitments in Week 9. West Jefferson still has 2 years I believe on the contract for Week 3 and Wheelersburg renewed in Week 5. So Week 4 still open...someone said perhaps a Columbus catholic school again for Week 4 but not sure. Athens used to be a Week 4, be nice to grab them or find someone close but not a whole lot of local options.

We have Chillicothe in Week 2 next year which is new, and maybe someone along the 23 corridor is available in Week 4, a Logan Elm, Circleville, Teays Valley.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Totally agree Locos! For Logan to have any chance in this one they will have to be successful in the air,don't see them getting them many running yards against the Iron defense,I think they even needed a couple key passes to beat them last year.If the protection breaks down Logan is in big trouble,but luckily the line has done a pretty good job of that this year.Then there is the Logan defense who have struggled mightily against quality running teams this year.My gut feeling is Logan will keep it close for about a half maybe 3 quarters then they will start to wear down like they did against TV and Loudenville and make mistakes and missed tackles like we have seen so much of this year, then the Iron will pull away for a comfortable win.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:Totally agree Locos! For Logan to have any chance in this one they will have to be successful in the air,don't see them getting them many running yards against the Iron defense,I think they even needed a couple key passes to beat them last year.If the protection breaks down Logan is in big trouble,but luckily the line has done a pretty good job of that this year.Then there is the Logan defense who have struggled mightily against quality running teams this year.My gut feeling is Logan will keep it close for about a half maybe 3 quarters then they will start to wear down like they did against TV and Loudenville and make mistakes and missed tackles like we have seen so much of this year, then the Iron will pull away for a comfortable win.
Bolt, very good overview, but I think this game will come down to the special teams! The Chiefs must improve in order to have a chance in this game!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

anyway to listen to this game on the internet?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

moonshine wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Totally agree Locos! For Logan to have any chance in this one they will have to be successful in the air,don't see them getting them many running yards against the Iron defense,I think they even needed a couple key passes to beat them last year.If the protection breaks down Logan is in big trouble,but luckily the line has done a pretty good job of that this year.Then there is the Logan defense who have struggled mightily against quality running teams this year.My gut feeling is Logan will keep it close for about a half maybe 3 quarters then they will start to wear down like they did against TV and Loudenville and make mistakes and missed tackles like we have seen so much of this year, then the Iron will pull away for a comfortable win.
Bolt, very good overview, but I think this game will come down to the special teams! The Chiefs must improve in order to have a chance in this game!
Moon...is there any way you can get Paladin to predict a Logan victory? I would feel much better about our chances (given his track record of picking wrong) if he would go on record and pick Logan big against the Ironmen Friday night lol.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

doubleplay643 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
Moon...is there any way you can get Paladin to predict a Logan victory? I would feel much better about our chances (given his track record of picking wrong) if he would go on record and pick Logan big against the Ironmen Friday night lol.
Double, We put a gag order on this character until 2015! Open mouth and insert foot!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I hear that several "special" new plays are going in for the Jackson game. Jackson is favored, but anything can and does happen in this game.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin wrote:I hear that several "special" new plays are going in for the Jackson game. Jackson is favored, but anything can and does happen in this game.
Trick plays on special teams might improve that unit!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Jackson 14 Logan 0

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

D-5 wrote:Jackson 14 Logan 0
Not a shut out but a Jackson win is possible!

left out
Riding the Bench

Post by left out »

Two very good teams in this one, i think Jackosn prevails 27-16

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

After watching Jackson play, they are tough at stopping the run. What I think does work against them are crossing route off of play action. I'll be rooting for my Chiefs.

Return to “Football”