Week 7--Portsmouth at Gallipolis

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Week 7--Portsmouth at Gallipolis

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans play hard and go get it, This is a very winnable game. Tackle and take over the line of scrimmage!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Been raining here all morning. Gonna be sloppy on Memorial Field this evening. Will spoil GAHS homecoming events.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Not sure but it looks like blue devils have everyone dressed tonight. Don't know if healthy but dressed. if they are all healthy it will be 1st time since second offensive possession at athens

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

No number 6 dressed or on sideline

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Nevermind 6 here not dressed

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Congrats to Gallia, thought this may be a game the Trojans could win, but if you don't play defense you can't win.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Maybe it's time already for phs to start looking for a new coach or is it too early? I just don't think the talent is there like it used to be.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

This is not the most talented Trojan team by any means, but there is still talent & football players. I see people on here say Portsmouth has athletes but not football players. There are definitely some football players on the team. The coaching staff hasn't been able to take the talent the Trojans do have and put it to use. I don't think we should give up on coach Sparks just yet, but I do think we need to clean house on the rest of the staff. They don't play defense. Yeah the kids are the ones out there missing tackles and blowing assignments, but that all comes back to coaching. Tackling shouldn't be such an obstacle for a high school team, but it is and has been for Portsmouth for at least the last 6-7 years. Need to make some changes.

me22
Waterboy

Post by me22 »

This coaching staff at GAHS needs to be given some credit. The talent is way down right now and they have almost no depth at all. If they don't win another game this season they have still done pretty well with what they were working with. Fans need to be realistic and give these coaches a chance. Things won't change overnight, things very well may worse next year than this year but they need to be given time to rebuild from the ground up.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I don't think next year will be worse then this year. i think you are going to get a few kids that will be juniors and seniors who did not ply this year come out next year or at lest are talking about it. Besides that this team next year will be very experienced because of all the underclassmen that get to play. Yes they need to continue to grow and improve my worry is the year after next and then the numbers going forward. next year you should actually have a few more kids sophomores thru seniors then this year.

the one thing i can say about this staff is they ll seem to work well together. they are also very realistic about where they are as a team. they also have already began to develop some raw talent into football players. no 63 would be a example. kid had never played football until this year and got a start last night.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

portsmouth_trojan59 wrote:This is not the most talented Trojan team by any means, but there is still talent & football players. I see people on here say Portsmouth has athletes but not football players. There are definitely some football players on the team. The coaching staff hasn't been able to take the talent the Trojans do have and put it to use. I don't think we should give up on coach Sparks just yet, but I do think we need to clean house on the rest of the staff. They don't play defense. Yeah the kids are the ones out there missing tackles and blowing assignments, but that all comes back to coaching. Tackling shouldn't be such an obstacle for a high school team, but it is and has been for Portsmouth for at least the last 6-7 years. Need to make some changes.

Agree.....the coach had to retain existing staff as they are all paid employees in the district....I think it's the only reason he got hired and other rumored candidates turned the offer down.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BD4L wrote:This coaching staff at GAHS needs to be given some credit. The talent is way down right now and they have almost no depth at all. If they don't win another game this season they have still done pretty well with what they were working with. Fans need to be realistic and give these coaches a chance. Things won't change overnight, things very well may worse next year than this year but they need to be given time to rebuild from the ground up.
Well said and what I have said all year! I think this is the lowest I can remember in talent since the early 80's at GA! Gallipolis has always had tough kids and they never quit, I think this staff has over achieved because I saw 2 wins at the beginning of the season, of course if Portsmouth had everyone that they had then it might be different. Where have all the skilled kids gone from the Gallipolis area? Who cares Go Blue!

Return to “Football”