VINTON COUNTY @ RIVER VALLEY 10/17

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

VINTON COUNTY @ RIVER VALLEY 10/17

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Do the Raiders play in Bidwell now, or the old Kyger Creek field?
Is this the first meeting of these two schools on the gridiron?
VC used to scrimmage Kyger Creek back in the day. along with North Gallia.

GO VIKES

may it 2 in-a-row!

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: VINTON COUNTY @ RIVER VALLEY 10/17

Post by Jason Vorhees »

They play in Bidwell, at the new high school. I'll take Vinton County by a score.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I picked the Vikings to beat Fed. Hock. and to finish the year winning 3 of 4. I'll take them this week close. Vikings 20 Raiders 13.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

I hope they finish 4 of 4 Vikings by a touchdown 21-14

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

It's coaching or lack of conditioning or whatever? The same thing happens every year while other teams improve RV starts out looking promising and fade really bad at years end??
This is the last chance to have a 5-5 season, non losing because they are not going to beat Athens.

don't see it happening!

VC 22
RV 13

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Vinton county 27 River Valley 20

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This will be the first ever meeting between the Vinton County Vikings and the River Valley Raiders since the consolidation of multiple Gallia County schools created RVHS back in the early 90's. Vinton County did however play North Gallia and Kyger Creek once each in school history.

1966: Vinton County-20 Kyger Creek-6
1982: North Gallia-20 Vinton County-6

River Valley will be looking for their first ever TVC win this Friday as they come into this game 0-4 in conference play. With River Valley only having one more league game (against Athens) left this season, this will more than likely be their final chance to pick up a TVC win in 2014. VC comes in with an 0-3 mark in league play with two TVC games remaining after this week. River Valley was close to picking up a win in conference a couple weeks ago falling to Wellston in overtime. VC lost a close one to Alex the same week by 1 point while en route to a winless league record thus far. The Vikings have been known to give up the first win for new members in their history starting with Warren in the first ever TVC game in history.

First ever TVC win given up by VC..

1969: Warren-33 VC-0
1970: NY-12 VC-8
1973: Alex-38 VC-6 (*Game technically didn't count as a TVC game as VC only played 4 games due to a teacher strike, but I'm counting it anyways!)
1978: Trimble-27 VC-0
2008: Athens-25 VC-7

The Vikings will look to keep River Valley off of this list but must stop QB Dayton Hardway. Imo he is one of the best athletes in the TVC and VC has struggled with athletic quarterbacks. It should be a great game to watch Friday night in Bidwell. Good luck Vikings! Make it two in a row and salvage this season!!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Dundas I think this will be a really good game and if the weather holds out I'd say
VC will get their second win. From what I seen from both teams against the Spartans. I give the running game and physical play to the Vikes and even though it rained and was crappy You are correct the Hardway
Kid is a nice Qb. River valley receivers catch a couple them balls then it will be a ball game.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Could someone give me the directions to the River Valley Football Field coming from McArthur? Thanks in advance

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Could someone give me the directions to the River Valley Football Field coming from McArthur? Thanks in advance
Someone told me to take 160 South off of 32.School is on 160

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Could someone give me the directions to the River Valley Football Field coming from McArthur? Thanks in advance
Head towards Wilksville and stay on 160 into Gallia county. You'll go a ways past Vinton and the school will be on your right. Past where I believe North Gallias old school sets. Will you have company at the game? :122249

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Thanks Dundas and Eaglepapaw for the directions. Dundas I hope to have lots of company for the game.lol Should be a good game. Good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game for both teams. Go Vikes

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Thanks Dundas and Eaglepapaw for the directions. Dundas I hope to have lots of company for the game.lol Should be a good game. Good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game for both teams. Go Vikes

#ReunionAtRiverValley

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Looking forward to this one Friday night! Hoping that the Raiders are able to end this losing streak and pick up TVC win #1!! Also looking forward to seeing the 6 seniors play their final home game at RV!

Myself and Carl will be back on the air LIVE as well! If you cant make it to the game Friday night, you can listen to us live at....

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

This should be a very good game. I'll take V.C. In a close one. 27 to 24

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Last home game for the Raiders.......after playing 4 straight games and not playing to potential......I look for RV to fire on all cylinders tonight......Dayton goes off tonight.....the weather will play into RV's favor and I have the Raiders big in this one.........

RV-49
VC-20

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

hoopshothead wrote:Last home game for the Raiders.......after playing 4 straight games and not playing to potential......I look for RV to fire on all cylinders tonight......Dayton goes off tonight.....the weather will play into RV's favor and I have the Raiders big in this one.........

RV-49
VC-20
RV may win, but will not score in the 40's with Vikings very slow methodical offense, unless a lot of turnovers by VC.
I think Vikes get win #2 by 2 scores.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

If both teams play their best game- I will take RV. They are the better team!

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RV won 21-18.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:RV won 21-18.
Congrats to the Raiders. They had to get this one. Now they have a shot at a .500 season.

Return to “Football”