Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Burg has a lot to prove this week. I am looking for them to remove all doubt. The Jackson game was a good stepping stone for this group. I believe they are more level headed and ready to compete. The O-line has stepped it up a few notches the last few weeks (not saying they were bad at all). They are very physical and will bring the fight at the LOS all night. Hope to see a little more of that super unbalanced line. They control the ball and the clock. It would be tough for the Valley D to have to deal with that all night. But hey I'm on here and not on the sideline so what do i know. :lol:

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:The Burg has a lot to prove this week. But hey I'm on here and not on the sideline so what do i know. :lol:
You can say that again! :lol: :roll:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Axe N Shield wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:The Burg has a lot to prove this week. But hey I'm on here and not on the sideline so what do i know. :lol:
You can say that again! :lol: :roll:
Read it all Mr. Name Bomber.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

The question I have here is Valleys line healthy , and there line backing corp healthy ? If they are it will be a slugfest ! The West game was a good indication of a team that lacks depth in those areas . Hope both teams come out of this game injury free and represent our area well in the playoffs !!

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

This Valley team reminds me of the 2010 Valley team. You can tell they have talent and they are a very good team but they're still a year away. IMO.
**This team doesn't have a talented class coming up behind them for next year like the 2010 team did however.
I don't see this being a blowout like some but I think The Burg will win it.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
wobycat wrote:Its good to hear that he's able to do so.
I'm not stating he can or will....Only that if he attended a game it would likely be in the press box as opposed to walking the sidelines...
According to the announcers over on Burgfan.com, during the Minford game, Coach Crabtree went in to have his tubes tied last week. :shock:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Vladimir wrote:
I'm not stating he can or will....Only that if he attended a game it would likely be in the press box as opposed to walking the sidelines...
According to the announcers over on Burgfan.com, during the Minford game, Coach Crabtree went in to have his tubes tied last week. :shock:
While I don't think that was very nice to say... Its all in fun. I'm sure they meant no harm in saying that. And I'm also sure that they are praying for coach crabtrees recovery!

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Vladimir wrote:
Not sure if Burgfan.com is really stupid or really rude. CABG is a major surgery that requires extensive recovery and rehab. Not really something i think is worth joking about.

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

This will be a great game! It's been a tad quiet here in the "Valley" this week....the preparations for 'Burg are in full swing. This group of Indians will have their hands full come Friday night. Mays has been quite a surprise filling the QB spot. He's done a great job. Good luck to both teams!! Play hard, respectful, and injury-free!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The guys at burgfans can be stupid. I know those guys were just playing but I'm sure I heard they clarified it after they said it. Those guys know how good coach Crabtree is and how good valleys program is.

And that surgery is a big ordeal, and glad to hear he is doing well. In the end, life is more important than football ever will be.
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:The guys at burgfans can be stupid. I know those guys were just playing but I'm sure I heard they clarified it after they said it. Those guys know how good coach Crabtree is and how good valleys program is.
I agree they can be stupid, but I'm not sure why anyone would joke about something like that. Then again, they are kids, and we've all said stupid things at that age. Probably just a good lesson for them.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Redcard wrote:
Not sure if Burgfan.com is really stupid or really rude. CABG is a major surgery that requires extensive recovery and rehab. Not really something i think is worth joking about.

Sounds like burgfan.com gave the Injuns some locker room material to feed off of the rest of the week.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Vladimir wrote:

Those guys are pure class let me tell you. That said, I am sure it was all in fun, but joking about a father of two sons having open heart surgery isn't something that should be said on the air. I also know that the Valley posters and the Lucasville community will not get all bent out of shape when talking about the idiots that run that site. We know what we are dealing with.

As far as the game goes, not having your head coach of 25 years is not something that won't have an effect this week. However, Valley has some great continuity on their staff. I am sure Coach Rolfe, Coach Fell , and company will have the Indians ready to go on Friday.

The Indians are beat up pretty good. Friday night they were without 2 of their starting outside linebackers. The next OLB was hurt early. The starting TB and Safety rolled an ankle early and may have played one series the rest of the way. There has been much mentioned about one of the linemen being out, but he hasn't played enough to even be a factor or considered "in" so that won't have an effect. I do believe the Indians will get back a defensive lineman that has experience this week that was previously ineligible due to grades. So that may help the Indians on Friday. I will say this, I go to all of our games and I am pretty familiar with the roster and the kids on the roster...At one point in the 2nd quarter the other night at South Point, Valley had a kid playing receiver that I had no clue who he was. That is how beat up we were on Friday.

As far as keys, Valley must take care of the football. I think that we have more than enough big play ability to put up points, but we can't turn it over. If that happens, I think we will find success running and throwing the ball. I am not sure the Burg has seen a passing attack as solid as ours.

Defensively, it sounds simple but we need to tackle. I think if we can control the big plays, we have a chance to slow the Pirates down.

I look for the Indians to come out ready to compete and play four quarters and let the chips fall where they may.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Vladimir wrote:
Redcard wrote:

Sounds like burgfan.com gave the Injuns some locker room material to feed off of the rest of the week.
Usually I would say if a team needs motivation off SEOPS or anything like that, they need to re-evaluate why they are playing. With that said, If I agree I'm sure that this will add a little motivation to the boys this weekend.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

chicken_coop wrote:
wobycat wrote:The guys at burgfans can be stupid. I know those guys were just playing but I'm sure I heard they clarified it after they said it. Those guys know how good coach Crabtree is and how good valleys program is.
I agree they can be stupid, but I'm not sure why anyone would joke about something like that. Then again, they are kids, and we've all said stupid things at that age. Probably just a good lesson for them.
Well they're not kids, just adults acting like kids I guess. Sometimes they get kids from school to do it. And I don't think they joked about it at length, just one of them said that and it was clarified. In all honesty I think he meant tubes rerouted, not that would be better but probably trying to make light of the situation.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Watching valley on film, shows that their line is smaller than usual. This may play in pirates hands. I think burg will exploit their size and push valley around in trenches. Valleys skilled kids are fantastic but they have to go both ways. Burg has a bit more depth. Burg wins.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
Well they're not kids, just adults acting like kids I guess. Sometimes they get kids from school to do it. And I don't think they joked about it at length, just one of them said that and it was clarified. In all honesty I think he meant tubes rerouted, not that would be better but probably trying to make light of the situation.
Oh, I thought kids did it, like Valley has at VSN. Well, if they are adults, it's obvious they probably have accounts on here because there are plenty of adults who act like kids on here daily. LOL.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

You may be right, but those guys are good guys. The premise of the show, I think is to make it more funny to listen to. Sometimes their mouths open before their brain works. But they truthfully are good dudes. Just idiots.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Do we know who will be playing for Valley? #23 not playing would be irreplaceable

This has to be the worst year for injuries I can remember for Valley

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

lineman7 wrote:Do we know who will be playing for Valley? #23 not playing would be irreplaceable

This has to be the worst year for injuries I can remember for Valley
Injuries are a part of game but it sounds like valley is hanging on to one talented class so it may be difficult to replace those who go down. Burg is deep this year but may be in the same shape two years from now.

Return to “Football”