Week 9: Waverly at Minford

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 9: Waverly at Minford

Post by smurray »

Tigers aren't out of it, have been a second half team lately. Have to get it together!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

6:50 to play 27-0 Minford. Tigers not in it tonight!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

what does this score say about the tigers?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:After last week with the Pirates not sure tigers have much to worry about. Almost no offense to score. Think the Tigers might get one here. Somebody should win. Can't be 0-0 can it? If both teams suffer with injuries still perhaps it could go down to battle of the bands.
Burg shutout Waverly 2 weeks ago too. Not sure that really matters tho. Waverly will win. Minford will go 0-4 this year in the SOC.

Good call Einstein.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This score surprised me.....I thought it would've been closer

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Really really surprised by this score. Waverly is definitely a jeckl and hide team.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I think this Freshman QB of Minfords' grew up a lot last week against W'burg, and he showed folks his capability tonight. Minford also played mistake free, and had 0 turnovers. I still can't figure out why when 1 offense is working and the kids have confidence in it, we decide to come out and start the second half in another. Must have been an executive decision to get back to what was working the in the first place. If Minford plays like this next week, they will beat Valley. Great job defense on the shut out!!

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Not surprised by a Minford win just the final score. Minford playing mistake free ball guessing waverly wasn't playing anything close to that congrats to the falcons

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Nice win by the Falcons. I didn't see Minford winning an SOC game. Wrong on that one! Good luck against Valley

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Vladimir wrote:I think this Freshman QB of Minfords' grew up a lot last week against W'burg, and he showed folks his capability tonight. Minford also played mistake free, and had 0 turnovers. I still can't figure out why when 1 offense is working and the kids have confidence in it, we decide to come out and start the second half in another. Must have been an executive decision to get back to what was working the in the first place. If Minford plays like this next week, they will beat Valley. Great job defense on the shut out!!
I agree 100%. If Minford matches their performance next Friday night, Valley may very well end up playing their playoff game on the road.

Regardless of records the Lucasville Minford Rd showdown rarely disappoints.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Badboy wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:After last week with the Pirates not sure tigers have much to worry about. Almost no offense to score. Think the Tigers might get one here. Somebody should win. Can't be 0-0 can it? If both teams suffer with injuries still perhaps it could go down to battle of the bands.
Burg shutout Waverly 2 weeks ago too. Not sure that really matters tho. Waverly will win. Minford will go 0-4 this year in the SOC.

Good call Einstein.
:122246 didn't see that coming. But hey. Good job Falcons. They are growing up faster than I thought. It will be good to see them the next few years. Especially that QB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DANG

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

No one ever posted a final on this..

Waverly 0
Minford 34

sweet_william
Waterboy

Post by sweet_william »

I must admit I am concerned about the status of Waverly's football program. At times, they seem headed in the right direction, other times it seems like the days of old (Friday night). There is a growing establishment of unhappy folks who are beginning to rear their heads and I hope Coach Crabtree is aware of this. I'm not going to go into great detail or bash, but Coach Crabtree needs to nip this thing before it spirals out of control.

The one overwhelming complaint throughout the community is Waverly's lack of offensive balance and unwillingness to "balance" things. From the outside looking in, it appears we want to have the Lutz/Woody system of "we don't care if you know it's coming, you can't stop us". Now, Waverly has a talented group of Sophomores and a nice crop of freshman coming up, but I certainly don't think they are capable of that style of football....although they do have some obvious toughness. I feel that Coach Crabtree is the hardest working coach in the SOC and really hope he sees, and quickly addresses these issues proactively..... sooner rather than later.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I know what coach Crabtree is trying to establish and no one has said they won't get back to a more balanced attack (which they will need to do). I really don't think the personnel was there this year to air it out more times than they ran the ball but I do think a few more simple 5 yard routes, quick hitters over the middle was warranted.
I really think the 3 close losses took a lot out of their sails and they just didn't show up Friday against Minford. If the kids don't care the trip to Chesapeake won't be very pretty either.
Something has to be done to get more of our athletes playing football. There are kids walking the halls doing nothing and some not playing who once did. A school Waverly's size (lack of size) cannot afford for athletes not playing.
I truly look for the Tigers, with the athletes they'll have, to get back to a more balanced attack on offense next year. They should have a couple nice backs, a good QB, and some nice receivers.

Return to “Football”