Waverly (44) @ Zane Trace (31)

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: Waverly (44) @ Zane Trace (31)

Post by Rolltanks »

He is a great athlete that is still learning the position. He chose to keep his number. Don't worry he doesn't play for waverly so he can't be very good

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

"I didn't go, but it looks like Waverly had their way from the opening kick. Too bad Waverly will lose playoff points based on style points though!"

Huh??

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Not complaining a bit. It didn't effect Waverly or the outcome so do what you want. I believe I said it didn't accomplish a thing and actually hurts the younger guys.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Call it complaining or whatever you want, what ZT's coach did was BUSH league! Bottom line is that everyone in the stadium knows that was a very convincing win for coach Crabtree and the Tigers

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well not near as far off the field as west, nice field. Seating could've been a lot better new facilities like that would've guessed more seats in hopes of playoff hosting. Gates were a little messed up, sending waverly fans to go through some other gate with 1 person taking money and home team going through main area. Yeah the 1st offense staying in with 4 min. to go when waverly had pulled everyone was bush league but that's why Zane Trace has to rebuild after graduations instead of reloading from one year to the next. Offense I could almost understand the 1 TD, but then to send your #1 defense out against FRESHMAN based offense of Waverly was pretty classless. Although it was hilarious the waverly QB completing a 30-35 yard pass against ZT #1 defense was quite funny.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I have no problem with Zane Trace leaving 1s in against Waverly 2s for a series or two. That is pretty standard in HS football.

If Zane Trace had its 1s onside kick against Waverly's 2s, now that would be bush league.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ZT hurt itself early but I think they'll have a decent year in the SVC. Waverly I believe is a notch down from last year and losing other RB and LB is going to hurt them. Relied way to much on 11 even with that lead. I don't see them beating Burg or Nelsonville. Couple other games there where they will be tested, West for sure.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The SVC is the worst its been in many years. ZT could finish at 8-2 or 9-1.
Last edited by bman on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:47 am The SVC is the worst its been in many years. ZT could finish at 8-2 or 9-1.
Really?? Didn't realize it was that down, Unioto off to a nice start so yeah after looking at it I can see, 7-3 at worst from them. Probably spot on though with 8-2 or 9-1

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Who has Unioto beat? Vinton County has struggled for years and Greenfield hasn't been competitive so far.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the waverly tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 pm Why does every Waverly thread turn into complaining about something from the game after? Last week was a bad call, this week is about a coaching decision by ZT. Next week will be that Unioto's QB is #33 and not a tradition number for a quarterback (I'm guessing)

I didn't go, but it looks like Waverly had their way from the opening kick. Too bad Waverly will lose playoff points based on style points though!
You know in Ohio final score has nothing to do with playoff points!

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

When hasn't the SVC been down in Football?
Maybe a decent team every 5-10 years on the average.
Some Westfall, Paint Valley and Zane Trace teams in the past.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bigdog wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:44 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 pm Why does every Waverly thread turn into complaining about something from the game after? Last week was a bad call, this week is about a coaching decision by ZT. Next week will be that Unioto's QB is #33 and not a tradition number for a quarterback (I'm guessing)

I didn't go, but it looks like Waverly had their way from the opening kick. Too bad Waverly will lose playoff points based on style points though!
You know in Ohio final score has nothing to do with playoff points!
That's the joke.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

don't joke about that, some dumb people really believe that.

Return to “Football”