Week 10 Minford @ Valley

Izladoom
All State

Re: Week 10 Minford @ Valley

Post by Izladoom »

55 spradlin might be the best olinemen valley has had in a long time. He just missed a lot of time because of injury. The line is the one area next year I'm not worried about.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Sport Fan wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:I see Valley being down now for a few more years.... However congrats on a great run....
How close are you to the program? Obviously not very close. They will be a senior heavy team next year. I expect them to have a better team next year then they have had over the past few years. After next year, they could possibly drop off.

Valley still has no line period

LOL what are you talking about? Valley's line has been consistent and solid the whole year. Have you even watched a game?

The Minford/Valley game is always close even when the teams talent is off... should be a close one

Any word on who is playing/not playing for Valley?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Falconfan09 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:C'MON MULETOWN!!!!!!!!
oh now you have faith in us to Win a conference game haha :122246 :122246
No faith. Just would love for it to happen.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Valleys line is good but I would not put them as good as the last three years. Valley's depth will be a concern but their starting 11 will be good. As far as this game, minford couple pull off the upset. But valleys skilled guys are better. Valley by two Tds or more.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I am making a 3 hour drive for this, so C'Mon Coach D and Company spring the upset! :lol: In all seriousness, I expect this game to down to the wire, as it is most of the time. Great Rivalry.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:Valleys line is good but I would not put them as good as the last three years. Valley's depth will be a concern but their starting 11 will be good. As far as this game, minford couple pull off the upset. But valleys skilled guys are better. Valley by two Tds or more.
Believe it or not, I actually agree with everything you just said wobycat. Valleys line is NOTas good as the last 3 years. The are still young and growing and every start will make them better. They return their entire line next year. And if I am correct, they will get a very talented freshman lineman, who is very big and very skilled and will more than likely be a 4 year start. (Coach Crabtrees youngest son). As far as this game goes. I think Valley wins big but these two always go toe to toe no matter what the records are. It is usually a very competitive game that isnt decided until the 4th quarter.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sport Fan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:People have talked about the lack of depth and that is valid. The Indians will return all but 2 starters, and will have more depth because those kids who are freshman and sophs will have developed more over the year and will be ready for the friday night stage.

I think the SOC race will be a great one. I like Valleys chances to get another SOC title in 15, especially having West and Burg at home.

This game with Minford will be good, it usually always is. Valley should rest some of the hobbled players though, especially with a home game locked up.

We shall see... Their startes this year are lacking... Some good skill players and no line...

I hate it that our "startes" are lacking. Just a huge set back to the entire program. Just a testament to the coaching staff to have this team looking at another home playoff game without "startes". I think the key will be finding some "startes" going forward and maybe Valley can get back to where we need to be.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Isn't Valley's center a senior?

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Westfan wrote:Isn't Valley's center a senior?
No he's a junior... Only the FB/LB Loop and WR/CB Brown are seniors among the current starters.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

crab_apple4 wrote:
Westfan wrote:Isn't Valley's center a senior?
No he's a junior... Only the FB/LB Loop and WR/CB Brown are seniors among the current starters.
My bad. I thought he was. He's a good player.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:People have talked about the lack of depth and that is valid. The Indians will return all but 2 starters, and will have more depth because those kids who are freshman and sophs will have developed more over the year and will be ready for the friday night stage.

I think the SOC race will be a great one. I like Valleys chances to get another SOC title in 15, especially having West and Burg at home.

This game with Minford will be good, it usually always is. Valley should rest some of the hobbled players though, especially with a home game locked up.

We shall see... Their startes this year are lacking... Some good skill players and no line...

I hate it that our "startes" are lacking. Just a huge set back to the entire program. Just a testament to the coaching staff to have this team looking at another home playoff game without "startes". I think the key will be finding some "startes" going forward and maybe Valley can get back to where we need to be.

Valley's defense has given up many point every game ..Why because of their line.... Take emotion out of this conversation ... Valley run is over... for along while...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sport Fan wrote: Valley's defense has given up many point every game ..Why because of their line.... Take emotion out of this conversation ... Valley run is over... for along while...
Valley has had a great run. They will be senior heavy and very good next year. Not last 3 years good, but good.

After that they will continue to field good teams because they have good coaching and a system. But the depth of athletes looks to be falling off for a while. Combine that with the other 4 teams in the league having some really talented young classes and they may be looking at 3 or 4 leaner years.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Westfan wrote:After that they will continue to field good teams because they have good coaching and a system. But the depth of athletes looks to be falling off for a while. Combine that with the other 4 teams in the league having some really talented young classes and they may be looking at 3 or 4 leaner years.
In the past week, Burg 7th, 8th and Freshman played Valley. Burg won all 3 games by a combined score of 150-18. I know kids develop and grow and things do change before they are playing on Friday nights, but that is a huge score differential.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

4th n Goal wrote:
Westfan wrote:After that they will continue to field good teams because they have good coaching and a system. But the depth of athletes looks to be falling off for a while. Combine that with the other 4 teams in the league having some really talented young classes and they may be looking at 3 or 4 leaner years.
In the past week, Burg 7th, 8th and Freshman played Valley. Burg won all 3 games by a combined score of 150-18. I know kids develop and grow and things do change before they are playing on Friday nights, but that is a huge score differential.

Valley's middle school program has always been lacking, as far back as I can remember being competitive with Burg has never happened for the middle school in football. I am pretty sure for the last 15 years the middle school probably hasn't been competitive with Burg at all yet they are usually competitive in High School because of the weight program and the coaching staff... I don't expect this to change if the coaching staff says the same.

As far as Valley's offensive line, it has dominated in every game except the Burg game (the West game Valley ran the ball really well on offense and the line played well). Valley's biggest concern is if #23 is healthy and playing. He is the field stretcher/home run hitter that really makes a huge difference in Valley's run game.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The drop off in talent after this year is just horrible.. :roll: ..Different year, same song and dance...Valley can't and won't_____....I need to put my recruiting hat back on so I can muster up a few talented linemen and skilled players from other area HSs...Money talks, BS walks.... :mrgreen:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

lineman7 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:

Valley's middle school program has always been lacking, as far back as I can remember being competitive with Burg has never happened for the middle school in football. I am pretty sure for the last 15 years the middle school probably hasn't been competitive with Burg at all yet they are usually competitive in High School because of the weight program and the coaching staff... I don't expect this to change if the coaching staff says the same.

As far as Valley's offensive line, it has dominated in every game except the Burg game (the West game Valley ran the ball really well on offense and the line played well). Valley's biggest concern is if #23 is healthy and playing. He is the field stretcher/home run hitter that really makes a huge difference in Valley's run game.
valleys junior class was very competative with burg in jr high. I believe in 8th grade they may have ended in a tie because of darkness. I may be wrong but i have seen valleys talent 7th grade thru soph and I just dont see much.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

That would be one of the first classes to be competitive in football in middle school to my knowledge (i could be wrong, I bet Crabs might know)

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The only constants from year to year are the unknowns....Predictions based on yesteryear is a foolish way of determining an outcome! But, to each their own!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

IMO, with Valley's program now heavily established in the SOC II with those young kids growing up in the lower levels watching this incredible 4 year run, I would imagine the program will be in very good position to sustain and will continue to compete and win 7 plus a year regardless of accolades or lack there of in the lower levels of play(I am not familiar with Valley's JV, JR HIGH, ETC) just my thoughts). Even Minford has somewhat sustained since Brent Daniels, yeah we are not as good as years past, however we have had one season at .500 or sub .500 since the new regime took order and Minford will be back soon for another 4-5 year run of playoff contention. Best of luck to both teams on an injury free game, and hope to see another classic in Lucasville in what I have always called the Battle for Lucasville-Minford Road.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

If you are basing your high school predictions on Jr High results, I don't think you will get the desired outcome. Valley has beaten West and Minford maybe 8-9 times combined in the last 20 years and have had a decided advantage Friday nights during that time period. Valley has also taken many beatings from NW during that time and obviously that has not translated to high school success. Coach Crabtree oversees the program and wants things done a certain way, he looks for improvement and that things are being done to transition them to the High School program. Valley competed very well against Minford and Burg at the end of the season and showed obvious improvement. Valley has shown that a 13-14 year old kid doesn't necessarily look the same as 17-18 year old kid. I've coached many of these kids throughout the years and I'm not concerned about the future of Valley football.

Return to “Football”