Week 10 Minford @ Valley

here4fun
Varsity

Week 10 Minford @ Valley

Post by here4fun »

Valley looking to keep a home game first week in the play-offs and Minfords play-off hopes are still alive with a win this week... Thoughts on this one...?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 10 Minford @ Valley

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

After seeing the Burg play both I see Valley by at least 3 scores, maybe more.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minfords freshman QB really looked good last night and their defense looked stout.

If they match that performance, Valley could be in trouble. If Minford plays sloppy Valley will win by a couple scores.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley has to get healthy, #23 not being the center of the game plan is a killer and really limits the offense...

looks like Valley might host either way

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I look for the Indians to get a little healthier this week and come out ready to go on Senior night against thier neighbors.

Valley will win this one...

28-14.

Indians will host another playoff game.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valley cannot finish any lower than a #4 seed. So they are a lock for a home game. Need to continue the home winning streak.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This all depends on which Minford team decides to show up. Against West Minford had two blocked punt recovered for TDs and take that away its a 19-15 ball game. Mistakes and mental error have plagued this team all year, but now all the underclassmen cannot use their age as an excuse b/c they have plenty of varsity experience. If Minford plays like they did against Waverly, they will win this game.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I agree with you Vladimir.This is at Valley so better be a couple touchdowns better than them. Hard to win there.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Minford seems to be playing better football lately. I expect Valley to have their hands full for a good while before possibly pulling away late. Backyard brawl always a good game. This one should be no different. I say Valley takes it about 30-14

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Hoping for a Falcon win!

But, I think Indians get the win.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

It's scary quiet on this thread! Does Halloween have everyone on edge? :122246 :mrgreen:

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Has anyone crunched the numbers?? Minford sets at 12th in D4 Region 14, IF Minford somehow plays well and a springs the upset in Lucasville, what are the odds the Falcons sneak into the top 8? I know they would be rewarded with a trip to a powerhouse 10-0 team, but just curious.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Very quiet quiet on here lately!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

knowledge wrote:Has anyone crunched the numbers?? Minford sets at 12th in D4 Region 14, IF Minford somehow plays well and a springs the upset in Lucasville, what are the odds the Falcons sneak into the top 8? I know they would be rewarded with a trip to a powerhouse 10-0 team, but just curious.
According to http://www.fantastic50.net/Ohio_Region_14.php Minford has a 36% chance with a win. All they can do it take care of themselves and hope for help. Although, I am not sure I would want an invitation to Clinton Massie or Archbishop Alter in week 11....

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The Muletown boyz won a game on a poor call at the goal line a few years back...That won't be the case this year...Valley wins and heads into the playoffs with a little MO...

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Depends on who you ask about that call. That is spilled milk at this point.

Hoping for an injury free, hard hitting close contest.

I am not sure Minford gets in the playoffs with a win.......several things need to happen to help them out. If they do win and squeak in, not sure they are going to like traveling to play the #1 seed in their region. Very tough teams!

But if a win gets them in it would be a good learning experience for all of the young players at Minford to get ready for next season.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Badboy wrote:Depends on who you ask about that call. That is spilled milk at this point.

Hoping for an injury free, hard hitting close contest.

I am not sure Minford gets in the playoffs with a win.......several things need to happen to help them out. If they do win and squeak in, not sure they are going to like traveling to play the #1 seed in their region. Very tough teams!

But if a win gets them in it would be a good learning experience for all of the young players at Minford to get ready for next season.
It was definitely a bad call. I know they don't use video replay in High School, but there is video evidence on youtube of that very play. It don't matter now. Its all the past. All it did was kick off a 36 game regular season winning streak.
Just a side note... Minford is the last team to beat Valley at home.

Valley 35
Minford 20

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

There will be an upset here... Minford will win in a close one

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

nutronron2012 wrote:Just a side note... Minford is the last team to beat Valley at home.
I believe history could repeat itself this week...

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

I would love to see Minford pull the upset in this one, it would be a tall task but you never know.

Return to “Football”