Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

free safety wrote:Congrats to the BURG on there 29th SOC Championship

There will be a lot of awards going to the Burg players in the SOC, and 9 out of 10 times the coach of the year goes to the winning team, but I have to say Ben Johnson deserves every award there is (SOC, district, and State) he is turning that program around and I'm not talking just wins or losses.(off the field and in life general) What I seen last night was awesome the WEST players helping our boys up after tackles no cheap shots, etc.. one of the things I noticed also in the last several years from west players was when they broke the huddle they would walk to the line, now they break the huddle and run to the line, they have turned in one year. I think the future looks good on the West Side. If everyone buys into his program they will compete every year. I can go on and on about the good things I seen and I'm not the only person, several of the Burg fans was talking the samething......So from my point Coach Johnson has my vote for coach of the year.
Well said.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Really clean played game both ways . West looks like they hired the right guy . Burg just had way too much last night . Hopefully Phs gets the win and west gets in .

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

There will be a lot of awards going to the Burg players in the SOC, and 9 out of 10 times the coach of the year goes to the winning team, but I have to say Ben Johnson deserves every award there is (SOC, district, and State) he is turning that program around and I'm not talking just wins or losses.(off the field and in life general) What I seen last night was awesome the WEST players helping our boys up after tackles no cheap shots, etc.. one of the things I noticed also in the last several years from west players was when they broke the huddle they would walk to the line, now they break the huddle and run to the line, they have turned in one year. I think the future looks good on the West Side. If everyone buys into his program they will compete every year. I can go on and on about the good things I seen and I'm not the only person, several of the Burg fans was talking the samething......So from my point Coach Johnson has my vote for coach of the year.

Spot on... I saw a much more discipline West Team.. The coach taught it... However the kids had a choice to follow or not to follow... I give much credit to the kids for responding to him... Kudos to the West Football program......

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Congratulations to Burg on the win.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Oaf wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:Did I see a sign for Big Crow and Coke on the home side??
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Act like you've been there before fellas. It will be basketball season in the Burg soon enough. Congrats on the gold football, those are hard to get. Enjoy it!

We have been there before, many times oaf... Our Team won this SOC game and did not celebrate on their field... We play like we have been there before...

Burg Basket ball season will be here in 6 more weeks.......I agree

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What are you on the Coach staff or what. West had many returning players on this years team. Maybe more than anyone in the league. On top of that they had QB that started for 3 years and still could not pull this game out at home! By the way good luck LU for making the playoffs. That's right the LU coaches are at West now.
Last edited by Game day on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

What team was it that started tearing up the grass when they won at burg a few years back?

local superstar
All State

game day wrote:

What are you on the Coach staff or what. West had many returning players on this years team. Maybe more than anyone in the league. On top of that they had QB that started for 3 years and still could not pull this game out at home! By the way good luck LU for making the playoffs. That's right the LU coaches are at West now.
West had the Most Experienced Team in the league this year. That is why I thought they may be able to pull off an SOC crown and probably should have based on how many starters other teams lost. Good luck to West on possibly getting in the playoffs.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:What team was it that started tearing up the grass when they won at burg a few years back?
Wasn't that Minford that brought the little shovels?

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

Again I'm not talking wins or losses a few things this Burg fan noticed the boys played with heart to the end, where as before being down 20 points they would have been more worried about trash talking or fighting (the old west side was if we cant win the game we will win the fight), he cleaned up the sidelines I didn't see 15 or more so called coaches on the sidelines or about 10 little kids playing football behind the team getting in the way, now there is 4 or 5 coaches and that's it. Boys keeping there helmets on the whole game. Breaking the huddle hustling to the line or even on timeouts and end of quarters running to the sideline where as before their was a lot of walking etc...

Again this is no disrespect to the other staff from Sammons, Schaffer, and Triplet but it took an outSIDER to change the mind set of the boys, now if the PARENTS and fans will buy in to it the West Senators future looks bright

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

free safety wrote:Again I'm not talking wins or losses a few things this Burg fan noticed the boys played with heart to the end, where as before being down 20 points they would have been more worried about trash talking or fighting (the old west side was if we cant win the game we will win the fight), he cleaned up the sidelines I didn't see 15 or more so called coaches on the sidelines or about 10 little kids playing football behind the team getting in the way, now there is 4 or 5 coaches and that's it. Boys keeping there helmets on the whole game. Breaking the huddle hustling to the line or even on timeouts and end of quarters running to the sideline where as before their was a lot of walking etc...

Again this is no disrespect to the other staff from Sammons, Schaffer, and Triplet but it took an outSIDER to change the mind set of the boys, now if the PARENTS and fans will buy in to it the West Senators future looks bright
They are just trying to find something to argue about. they expexted Burg posters to thump our chests and we didn't. Everyone can see West is a completely different teams than year's past and I for one am very pleased with their results thus far. Class act in my book.

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

1fan wrote:Congrats to the burg on the win.
Good luck in the playoffs. I will say one thing I am so pleased with the new coach. He has really taught these kids discipline and how to act with wins and in defeat!! What a great bunch of west kids!!! They should def be proud and def be pleased with their season. I know it's tough for these kids to not continue their season next week. You have nothing to hang your heads about. Great season!!

I fixed your post for you. You were fine until you cut on the Burg kids for personal fouls. You cannot raise your kids up by bringing other kids down. There were 2 personal fouls on each team in a hard fought game. Hopefully, this is a culture change for the west side because it is long overdue. One year is not enough to change perception. It has to be a top down change and sustained for the long haul. You cannot wash off 20 years of bird crap with one car wash. Good game to both teams.

Burg lines were the difference in this one. West had no answer for the big package when burg wanted to run. I would hate to be in the Burg locker room after this one though. You cannot fumble 4 times and expect to win. That has to get cleaned up or it will be an early playoff exit.

local superstar
All State

Nobody is finding things to argue about JP it is just so much nonsense folks feel compelled to respond. :122246 I mean really. I would and could be cruel and tell it like it is but this was probably a hard loss for West so I will be good.

Burg fumbling in chilly rain might of had something to do with fumbles. It is a testament to Burg that they still controlled this ballgame despite West being the more experienced team.And Burg didn't have to throw the ball all night. Good Luck in the playoffs Burg and hopefully West gets in after Ptown game this eve.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

southernpride wrote:
1fan wrote:Congrats to the burg on the win.
Good luck in the playoffs. I will say one thing I am so pleased with the new coach. He has really taught these kids discipline and how to act with wins and in defeat!! What a great bunch of west kids!!! They should def be proud and def be pleased with their season. I know it's tough for these kids to not continue their season next week. You have nothing to hang your heads about. Great season!!

I fixed your post for you. You were fine until you cut on the Burg kids for personal fouls. You cannot raise your kids up by bringing other kids down. There were 2 personal fouls on each team in a hard fought game. Hopefully, this is a culture change for the west side because it is long overdue. One year is not enough to change perception. It has to be a top down change and sustained for the long haul. You cannot wash off 20 years of bird crap with one car wash. Good game to both teams.

Burg lines were the difference in this one. West had no answer for the big package when burg wanted to run. I would hate to be in the Burg locker room after this one though. You cannot fumble 4 times and expect to win. That has to get cleaned up or it will be an early playoff exit.
All I was saying is the past west teams would have had several but in stead it started with burg. My point was
To show how impressed ppl from Scioto county are with coach Johnson and what he has ready brought to west football program

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

will a portsmouth win tonite get west into the playoffs. by the way congrats to the pirates on the win. i like the diection of this west program with the coaching staff. going forward this is going to be a fun rivalry with good hard nosed football and not all the extra cirricular crap. its going to be nothing but postive for the soc to have 4 or 5 teams with a legitimate shot at a league title.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

victor creed wrote:will a portsmouth win tonite get west into the playoffs. by the way congrats to the pirates on the win. i like the diection of this west program with the coaching staff. going forward this is going to be a fun rivalry with good hard nosed football and not all the extra cirricular crap. its going to be nothing but postive for the soc to have 4 or 5 teams with a legitimate shot at a league title.
Yes. A Portsmouth win will put West in the playoffs and knocks Eastmore academy out. They will determine who gets the 8 spot and travels to Hartley
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

All of us need to be pulling for P H S tonight.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nice game last night West has talent and a lot of heart.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

thank you nutron, appreciate the info.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

West should of been able to win this game! Sorry JMO.

Return to “Football”