Week 10 - Portsmouth (2-7) vs Cincinnati Hughes (4-5)

piratepride86
JV Team

Re: Week 10 - Portsmouth (2-7) vs Cincinnati Hughes (4-5)

Post by piratepride86 »

Good luck PHS

That tasted funny.......tooey tooey

The_Joker
Waterboy

Post by The_Joker »

playa_44: 4-16 (or 3-17?) is terrible. Giving a guy 4-5 years to build or rebuild a program is reasonable and if this clown was doing just that you would not see this dissention so early. But, can you say that what you see is building a program? Compare this guy after two years to what we see at West after one. Both coaches walked into talent (Sparks much more than Johnson). West is contending for the playoffs, Portsmouth hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record under this guy. People talk of the discipline and the poise they see out at West now while here you see a coach in constant panic mode screaming out on the numbers and a defense that cannot even get lined up right half of the time. I don't know this for sure, but I imagine Coach Johnson has an attendance policy when it comes to practice. I would also venture to guess that they are not playing xbox in the locker and doing other ridiculous "team building" activities during pregame.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

The_Joker wrote:IF, and that is a big if, the Trojans pull of a win tomorrow night that makes us 6-14 in the last two years. Is that what we now deem acceptable for our once heralded program? Not sure about the rest of you, but for this Trojan fan that does not get me excited. 13-7 would be questionable. With the talent we have year in and year out, anything less than 7-3 or 8-2 is disappointing. Come on people we need a coach who understands our community and the Portsmouth Pride that we once had. This guy is not the answer, he is just taking up time and space. Let's make the change we need to get back on track.
Like I said earlier 2 years is a little early to jump the gun and get rid of a coach. Keep in mind Clifford was 39-63 with 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff apperences his last 10 years.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Piratepride86 wrote:Good luck PHS

That tasted funny.......tooey tooey
:lol:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

26-6 Trojans at the half.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

That's great, keep giving up dates is your able cats. Thanks

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Portsmouth 40 Hughes 6 late in the third 4:38

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Heard this game is a joke and Hughes only has 15 players? Can someone confirm? On the other hand, good for Trojans to get a win on the last game.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Final PHS 40 Hughes 24

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Great Win for the Trojans over some of the best athletes the Cincinnati Public School system has to offer. They may have been small in number but were mighty in strength and skill. Trojans moving into new league and new season with a winning attitude. Future looks bright, can't wait for off season conditioning to start. Good job Trojans and Good Job Coach Sparks.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I was there for the second half hbk123 and that was maybe the worst team I have ever seen on a football field! Come on now!

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

nice win for the trojans, the atmosphere was great. looks like the SPARK finally has been lit. the xbox offensive playbook is awesome just study the whole defensive package this off season and you have the SPARK into a raging FIRE

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Dreamweaver always remember haters are his motivators

Keep up the negativity - only fans the spark.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Portsmouth used to be a friendly town where we supported our coaches and welcomed newcomers. Have we really turned into a place that hires a coach and gives him 12 minutes to win a state title? Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is a winning program. Give Sparks 5 years and you will be pleased with the results. Lets get behind him and this team and make him want to be a Trojan-4-Life.

Sparkamania about to run wild on you!

Oaks_Fan_06
Waterboy

Post by Oaks_Fan_06 »

Tonight.....after the game........the heavens opened up over the Trojan Coliseum and the football gods descended up the field to anoint Coach Sparks King Trojan. The players, myself, trojandave, and the other 298 faithful fans gathered round and kneeled before him in awe. Scepter in hand, he was carried off the field where he mounted a white stallion. Staring at those of us before him, his beard was like the flame of a fire. He was draped in a blue robe that was stained with the blood of his enemies. Around his neck hung a sharp whistle and in his back pocket a copy of the Madden 25 NextGen playbook with which he shall strike down the OVC and rule them with an xbox controller made of iron. He will tread the highway that is State Route 52 with the fury and the wrath of Vince Lombardi. On his robe and on this thigh he had the words written: Haters are my motivators!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Here is the worst part. They have a million dollar facility and there was not even 100 people there. The other team had 2 or 3 substitute players. The whole OVC could of beatem.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I can't help but get a chuckle from some of these posts. Apathy has set in amongst the Trojan faithful. They'll win a few more games in a weak conference next year, but will still be nowhere close to the top SOC II programs. Give Sparks one more year, but if they nowhere near a playoff birth next year, time to cut bait.*

The_Joker
Waterboy

Post by The_Joker »

bleed_blue: While you make a valid point about Clifford's record the last 10 years he coached, you must also keep in mind that he was also watching his daughter die of cancer those last ten years. Yet that didn't stop many from giving him a hard time on here and that is the nature of holding that position. But what was he ribbed on here for? Bad play calls, bad defense, you know, the same things most guys get a hard time on here for. This guy, though, it's different. My gripe (as many others should be) is how he is running the program. I went to a practice last year to hear music blasting so loud coaches had to scream their instructions to the kids as they were dancing at the line of scrimmage waiting for the ball to be snapped. I've talked to different kids and watching film is a rare occurrence and scouting reports don't exist. Pre-game atmosphere? Silence, focus? Not at all. Xbox, kids playing games on the field with the coach, music blaring and a complete lack of focus. Coach Hickman said it best earlier. A program is built upon certain universal principles and I imagine you would be hard pressed to find one in this area built on principles such as these.

HBK: Either you were at a different game than I was, or you smoked something before you got there, but "mighty" would be the last adjective I would use to describe that team. I have to agree with dreamweaver on this one, they looked like the bad news bears out there and still scored 24 points on this guy's defense.

Reaper: WTF?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The_Reaper wrote:Tonight.....after the game........the heavens opened up over the Trojan Coliseum and the football gods descended up the field to anoint Coach Sparks King Trojan. The players, myself, trojandave, and the other 298 faithful fans gathered round and kneeled before him in awe. Scepter in hand, he was carried off the field where he mounted a white stallion. Staring at those of us before him, his beard was like the flame of a fire. He was draped in a blue robe that was stained with the blood of his enemies. Around his neck hung a sharp whistle and in his back pocket a copy of the Madden 25 NextGen playbook with which he shall strike down the OVC and rule them with an xbox controller made of iron. He will tread the highway that is State Route 52 with the fury and the wrath of Vince Lombardi. On his robe and on this thigh he had the words written: Haters are my motivators!
Holy Crap Batman! What is this world coming to? Portsmouth better call in damage control quick.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

no film work? No scouting report? If this is true, I find it hard to believe that the staff stays with him, Ive known these guys for a while, have they given up ? Im at a loss for words honestly, I cant believe that this is an honest assessment

Return to “Football”