D6 R21 - #2 Vallley vs #3 Grandview Heights

crab_apple4
JV Team

Re: D6 R21 - #2 Vallley vs #3 Grandview Heights

Post by crab_apple4 »

I don't think the travel up 23 is that bad... Personally, I'd rather see this game in Columbus than having to make another trip to Nelsonville.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Not sure if valley has regressed, but they did not look good at all last night. I still think valley should win this one by two scores. Valley needs their offense to be on point to win.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:Not sure if valley has regressed, but they did not look good at all last night. I still think valley should win this one by two scores. Valley needs their offense to be on point to win.
Agreed. They just did not play well on offense in the first half. A lot of mistakes. Mostly false starts and bad snaps and fumbles. We can't continue to shoot ourselves in the foot and expect to win. Need to execute and do our job to perfection from this point. And we need to put teams away when you have the opportunity. Don't let them hang around like last night. Hopefully they play like they know how from here on out.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

wobycat wrote:Not sure if valley has regressed, but they did not look good at all last night. I still think valley should win this one by two scores. Valley needs their offense to be on point to win.
Not having #23 healthy takes away a lot of explosiveness, but I think the little mistakes mounted up became big mistakes. There were multiple fumbles, dropped passes, and snap issues. These are 3 things that have not been a problem all year, but obviously they cannot continue if you expect to win. Even with these issues, the Indians had 2 backs around the 100 yard mark and Rolfe made some big throws in the passing game. So I don't think regression is what happened, but the Indians have to eliminate mistakes that holds the offense back.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crab_apple4 wrote:
Not having #23 healthy takes away a lot of explosiveness, but I think the little mistakes mounted up became big mistakes. There were multiple fumbles, dropped passes, and snap issues. These are 3 things that have not been a problem all year, but obviously they cannot continue if you expect to win. Even with these issues, the Indians had 2 backs around the 100 yard mark and Rolfe made some big throws in the passing game. So I don't think regression is what happened, but the Indians have to eliminate mistakes that holds the offense back.
Is 23 getting any healthier or will he hobble through the playoffs

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

#23 isn't playing much on offense and still is hobbling around a bit. It must be a high ankle sprain considering it has been a month now and he is still favoring it

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

A little insight on GV they are FAST and athletic and their line is big and athletic also I would say 2nd best line I've seen this year. #75 or #76 If I remember correctly is a beast best individual lineman I've seen this year he's mean and extremely athletic he's about 6'3 6'4 and built well. #2 is very fast and shifty and they have a nice QB and FB. If valley can contain the Jet series and stop the cutbacks they will be fine I expect a very good ball game to close to call for me but Goodluck to valley!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Falconfan09 wrote:A little insight on GV they are FAST and athletic and their line is big and athletic also I would say 2nd best line I've seen this year. #75 or #76 If I remember correctly is a beast best individual lineman I've seen this year he's mean and extremely athletic he's about 6'3 6'4 and built well. #2 is very fast and shifty and they have a nice QB and FB. If valley can contain the Jet series and stop the cutbacks they will be fine I expect a very good ball game to close to call for me but Goodluck to valley!
Who would be the best line you have seen this year then?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Falconfan09 wrote:A little insight on GV they are FAST and athletic and their line is big and athletic also I would say 2nd best line I've seen this year. #75 or #76 If I remember correctly is a beast best individual lineman I've seen this year he's mean and extremely athletic he's about 6'3 6'4 and built well. #2 is very fast and shifty and they have a nice QB and FB. If valley can contain the Jet series and stop the cutbacks they will be fine I expect a very good ball game to close to call for me but Goodluck to valley!
Hurry Falconfan and say Wheelersburg's line was best before jolly's jelly filled explodes all over the place! :lol: :lol:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

The Oaf wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Hurry Falconfan and say Wheelersburg's line was best before jolly's jelly filled explodes all over the place! :lol: :lol:
:lol:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol: How'd you know Oaf? Haha. Really was just curious of who he was comparing them to.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jolly P(irate) wrote::lol: How'd you know Oaf? Haha. Really was just curious of who he was comparing them to.
Now you know you gotta be able to take it if you're gonna give it on this site!! :lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote::lol: How'd you know Oaf? Haha. Really was just curious of who he was comparing them to.
Now you know you gotta be able to take it if you're gonna give it on this site!! :lol: :lol:
Got ya little buddy. 8)

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Got ya little buddy. 8)
it's honestly really close between them n burg I'll give the speed n athleticism to GV over burg n strength wise n moving people it's burg. Hope your jelly didn't burst waiting :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It just did. ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:It just did. ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
Take pictures!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Nelsonville-York will host Valley and Grandview Heights on Friday night at 7:30.

Manager is Terry Young ny_tyoung@seovec.org 740-517-0195 and media contact is Noah Watkins ny_nwatkins@seovec.org 740-438-6020

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

NY is out of the way for both teams poor choice. Nothing against NY stadium or people. Would rather have just played in Columbus.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I agree.

Return to “Football”