#3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

doubleplay643
S

Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

Post by doubleplay643 »

moonshine wrote:
athens78 wrote:The triple option they run is very, very hard to defend.
Most of the time I would root for the ironboys but every year DeSales is a battle tested team, but I still look for a very close game once the ironboys adjust to the triple option. The question will be how quick will they adjust!
And do not forget they are on your regular season schedule next year moonshine....along with Athens :122249

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

#1ironmenfan wrote:Boss429
I have been on desales website looked at the roster and they are no bigger than Ironton, and we know how that turned out, so sometimes speed is better than size, so we will see.
They are not bigger than Ironton. Guess you didn't read my whole post . . . they are much faster than Ironton. Ironton had a couple of fast players. However, DeSales has a lot of team speed on both sides of the ball. Jackson hasn't seen triple option all year. Tough to prepare for in basically 4 days. I'm not saying Jackson can't win. They are there for a reason. BUT, this isn't West Jeff, Burg, or Ironton . . . this is a different animal. I still say DeSales 28 - 7.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

doubleplay643 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
athens78 wrote:The triple option they run is very, very hard to defend.
Most of the time I would root for the ironboys but every year DeSales is a battle tested team, but I still look for a very close game once the ironboys adjust to the triple option. The question will be how quick will they adjust!
And do not forget they are on your regular season schedule next year moonshine....along with Athens :122249
We have dealt with that animal b-4 Beat a Luke Fickel Team!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Very impressive for DeSales to go into a perennial powerhouse like Dover and win easily like they did,Jackson will have their hands full alright, but I do agree anything can happen like DeSales having an off night and turning the ball over a lot.Good Luck Ironmen!

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

If Jackson plays mistake free this Friday I think the Ironmen will shock a lot of people..

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If Jackson can clean up the turnovers and special teams play, they will be competitive and in the game. If not, it could be ugly.

As for Jackson's schedule, I felt they did a pretty decent job with it. Ready was down from past years and West Jeff was beat up when Jackson played them, but Jackson can't control that.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Boss429 wrote:
I have been on desales website looked at the roster and they are no bigger than Ironton, and we know how that turned out, so sometimes speed is better than size, so we will see.
They are not bigger than Ironton. Guess you didn't read my whole post . . . they are much faster than Ironton. Ironton had a couple of fast players. However, DeSales has a lot of team speed on both sides of the ball. Jackson hasn't seen triple option all year. Tough to prepare for in basically 4 days. I'm not saying Jackson can't win. They are there for a reason. BUT, this isn't West Jeff, Burg, or Ironton . . . this is a different animal. I still say DeSales 28 - 7.
When you say this isn't west Jeff burg or ironton I'm kinda confused as to what you mean...
Here is some common opponents
Desales beat St Charles by 3
Ironton beat St Charles by 1
Jackson beat Ironton by 13

I know this has no bearing on the game but they're is some parity there ..,

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Viking96 wrote:
Boss429 wrote:
When you say this isn't west Jeff burg or ironton I'm kinda confused as to what you mean...

Wrong..... DeSales beat St. Charles by 40. That number was just a little off! Lol

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

DeSales handed St. Charles a 40-0 loss.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Oh well I guess I did hve some bad info lol

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Viking96 wrote:Oh well I guess I did hve some bad info lol
I agree that jackson will have an uphill battle.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Viking96 wrote:
Boss429 wrote:

I don't want to put words in your mouth Viking96 but I think you got your catholic teams mixed up lol.

Hartley and Ironton both beat St Chucks by less than a TD as I recall. Jackson beat Ironton and Hartley beat DeSales.

Sort of like second or third cousins instead of direct kin type of comparison lol. I see what you are saying theoretically there could be some parity implied by that analysis. We both know the danger in that and yes we both agree we are in an uphill battle.

No matter if we are the underdog or the favorite the Ironmen will come ready to play to the best of our ability. Go Red, cannot wait until Friday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Was hoping you would put words in his mouth lol

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good Luck Jackson, this Fighting Tiger fan will be rooting for you.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck to Jackson!!!! Rooting for your kids to get a win!!!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Okay boys, it's time to quit being compared to teams of the past and write your own history. Good luck this week. Play to your abilities, play fairly, and play safely. GO IRONMEN !!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I came over to see what the chatter is about. interesting when I came over to this topic 43 thought desales would win, 43 thought Jackson would. I hope this is an indication of how even this game is perceived to be. I voted myself. and I said desale, though every fiber in my body wants Jackson to win. if I wanted to be politically correct I would not have mentioned it. but nothing would suit me better than seeing them purple fellers heading back to Columbus to start playing basketball. go ironmen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

grndma1 wrote:Okay boys, it's time to quit being compared to teams of the past and write your own history. Good luck this week. Play to your abilities, play fairly, and play safely. GO IRONMEN !!!!
i'll second that motion , make history.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
grndma1 wrote:Okay boys, it's time to quit being compared to teams of the past and write your own history. Good luck this week. Play to your abilities, play fairly, and play safely. GO IRONMEN !!!!
i'll second that motion , make history.
Three teams in history have been 11-0.

Will the 2014 squad as grndma1 says write their own and be the first to be 12-0...that question will be answered Friday night.

Go Red, write yourself a chapter in the history book.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The 1996 squad was the only team to win at this level and the 1997 team was the only of the other 4 to be competitive. There just aren't any non-great teams left playing.

Strap it up and show it boys. Some one has to win, might as well be you.

Return to “Football”