wellston rocket football program

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Re: wellston rocket football program

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Wizard wrote:
RutterKickballer wrote:I laugh at this whole thing. Look at the cycle of stupidity. Wellston football has losing year(s).....parenst demand change.....welsston keeps losing......repeat cycle.

Lots of perfectly good coaches have been paraded through what has become a coaches graveyard.

HMMMMMMMM.......maybe the coaches should go the BOE meeting and demand to have all the parents fired. They seem to be the REAL problem. Look at us . We have had the same guy for about 20 years and we was almost state champions last year and I bet my dollar general paycheck we win it this year.

GO CATS!

I think you need to head on back to Dollar Gerneral and stay there. I know we could do without your stupid comments on these forums.
Ouch. You must be one of the parents at the board meeting. I have to admit I am surprised at how well you spell. Oh wait........you used spell check. How cute?

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

I know the real reason Wellston cant win. Them rocket boys eat too much junk food from my store. Slows em down. This was my plan all along and it works great. :mrgreen:

Dont forget boys 2 for 1 cheeseburgers through the whole offseason if you are wearing your lettermans jacket when you come in the store. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Divide and conquer from within. Oh yeah. Keep it up Parents.

GO IRONMEN!

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com/news/ ... fef36.html

And this is how the Board meeting went Monday night...

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Wellston Ironman wrote:I know the real reason Wellston cant win. Them rocket boys eat too much junk food from my store. Slows em down. This was my plan all along and it works great. :mrgreen:

Dont forget boys 2 for 1 cheeseburgers through the whole offseason if you are wearing your lettermans jacket when you come in the store. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Divide and conquer from within. Oh yeah. Keep it up Parents.

GO IRONMEN!
HA! It must be buy 2 salads get 1 free for the Ironmen boys right??

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Wow. An interesting night at the BOE meeting.

Personally, i want to invite those two moms down to the store. they get free meals and cheesecake. that is the kind of division we need in the wellston community.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Wellston Ironman wrote:Wow. An interesting night at the BOE meeting.

Personally, i want to invite those two moms down to the store. they get free meals and cheesecake. that is the kind of division we need in the wellston community.
What store would you be talking about? I'd be up for cheesecake

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Sure Athens is on top now with a super group of athletes and winning league titles against smaller schools that can only compete against you on their best years. Athens has probably won as many league titles in Tvc as they did the whole time you where in the SEOAL. Athens kids starting coming back out for sports after joining the TVC and the winning started. Wellston has no direction no support Hutch is a Wellston Rocket but no way he can stay the way it is now. The team can't lift all winter without heat and everybody else will be 5 months ahead before they can workout as a team and kind of selfish to ask kids to give up any chance of success in the sport they choose because the support is not there. when it's over it's over kids only get to go thru high school once.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

PIGSKIN wrote:Sure Athens is on top now with a super group of athletes and winning league titles against smaller schools that can only compete against you on their best years. Athens has probably won as many league titles in Tvc as they did the whole time you where in the SEOAL. Athens kids starting coming back out for sports after joining the TVC and the winning started. Wellston has no direction no support Hutch is a Wellston Rocket but no way he can stay the way it is now. The team can't lift all winter without heat and everybody else will be 5 months ahead before they can workout as a team and kind of selfish to ask kids to give up any chance of success in the sport they choose because the support is not there. when it's over it's over kids only get to go thru high school once.
OK then Wellston should just not have a team then right? Awful hard to have direction when your kids won't stick it out? hows that going to work? makes no sense at all... Maybe Wellston needs a coach maybe not.. but there was quite a few student athletes there to support Hutch so maybe they feel they have direction. Funny how I included in my post that Athens was getting better before there super group of athletes (which they were you can look at past records) . And you reiterated my point that it starts internally with the players and coaches by saying the kids starting coming back out after they started winning but before that there was a core group that didn't transfer out because they couldn't win the coaches dedicated them selves as did the athletes THAT is what this group of kids have to do turn this around. The team CAN lift all winter I was there without heat and it didn't bother me or my team mates, should they have heat yes do they have it right now no but it isn't to hard to run a couple of heaters I'm sure Jerry's Do-It Center has a few that if they were asked they would donate. IF you dedicate your time and effort then you will see results and ways to get past things. finding ways to just quit and go home is why they are where they are. And that was a fine example.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

I agree Wellston will come back but not until they hit bottom and I think they are not quit there yet and in the mean time kids will go where the best opportunities our for them. Burrows is going to OSU when Athens has OU why not stay home and build that program because his opportunities our better at OSU. Wellston needs to get on the ball every kid that leaves take about 6k out of the school system so look for them to lose about 30k or more to transfers if they don't figure this out .

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

PIGSKIN wrote:I agree Wellston will come back but not until they hit bottom and I think they are not quit there yet and in the mean time kids will go where the best opportunities our for them. Burrows is going to OSU when Athens has OU why not stay home and build that program because his opportunities our better at OSU. Wellston needs to get on the ball every kid that leaves take about 6k out of the school system so look for them to lose about 30k or more to transfers if they don't figure this out .
College and High School are two different concepts you know that.... there is a difference between staying at your high school in your school district after being there for 2 or 3 years and going off to college where it is free game and you are RECRUITED where they want you to come there no one losses tax money no one losses anything.. as I stated earlier I don't have a problem if a student transfers out as an 8th grader because then he is not counted on at the varsity level and is free to go to any open enrollment school he wants... And you can't fall much farther down the ladder than what Wellston has they have been in a rut since '07 there record since then?
27-53 under two head coaches, let me remind you 20 of those wins are under Hutch... While previous head coach Jason Mantell was 7-23.... Including the 0-10 season from '07... Wellston has only mustered one .500 season that was in 2011 in Hutch's 2nd season after losing a great player due to transfer... and losing the best player from that team to a severe ankle injury against Meigs the player is now at Northwestern playing on Saturday's..

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

We will have to agree to disagree on this because it is in no way a kid or his parents responsibilty to worry about tax money or or anything else except what is best for their child. The ohsaa allows for transfers and if student is willing to meet the requirements then it's up to the school system to make an environment that kids will not leave and take their talent and tax money to another system. I still think Hutch has done pretty good for the disadvantage that his program has endured with injuries and transfers.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Ok...some serious thoughts......

1. I am not suggesting Wellston cancel football. But, if you are gonna have it, you have to hire and pay the coaches. I cant imagine trying to run a program with only one guy getting paid. STUPID!

2. To compete, you must develop players. Cant do that if the weight room is cold. Kids wont come. If you want to offer the sport, you gotta supply the heat for offseason training. You can do without AC but you have to have heat.

Now back to some foolishness. Please dont heat the weightroom. Please dont pay coaches. Please dont cancel our annual whipping of the rockets. Just keep on running a joke of a program and blaming its lack of success on the coaches. Its worked out great so far.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

RutterKickballer wrote:
Wizard wrote:
RutterKickballer wrote:I laugh at this whole thing. Look at the cycle of stupidity. Wellston football has losing year(s).....parenst demand change.....welsston keeps losing......repeat cycle.

Lots of perfectly good coaches have been paraded through what has become a coaches graveyard.

HMMMMMMMM.......maybe the coaches should go the BOE meeting and demand to have all the parents fired. They seem to be the REAL problem. Look at us . We have had the same guy for about 20 years and we was almost state champions last year and I bet my dollar general paycheck we win it this year.

GO CATS!

I think you need to head on back to Dollar Gerneral and stay there. I know we could do without your stupid comments on these forums.
Ouch. You must be one of the parents at the board meeting. I have to admit I am surprised at how well you spell. Oh wait........you used spell check. How cute?

How cute? You would think you being a school teacher/administration you would know...How cute!

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Wellston Ironman wrote:Ok...some serious thoughts......

1. I am not suggesting Wellston cancel football. But, if you are gonna have it, you have to hire and pay the coaches. I cant imagine trying to run a program with only one guy getting paid. STUPID!

2. To compete, you must develop players. Cant do that if the weight room is cold. Kids wont come. If you want to offer the sport, you gotta supply the heat for offseason training. You can do without AC but you have to have heat.

Now back to some foolishness. Please dont heat the weightroom. Please dont pay coaches. Please dont cancel our annual whipping of the rockets. Just keep on running a joke of a program and blaming its lack of success on the coaches. Its worked out great so far.
They do the best with what they got when it comes to coaches not being paid it doesn't matter who coaches these teams assistants being paid will be hard to do, that is something only the BOE can fix. Like I said the weight room could and can be easily heated with this magical thing they call a heater I don't see why that is even an issue? just because you have to plug it in instead of turn a knob doesn't mean it won't do the job..

I still want to know where I can get some friggin cheese cake though lol

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

PIGSKIN wrote:We will have to agree to disagree on this because it is in no way a kid or his parents responsibilty to worry about tax money or or anything else except what is best for their child. The ohsaa allows for transfers and if student is willing to meet the requirements then it's up to the school system to make an environment that kids will not leave and take their talent and tax money to another system. I still think Hutch has done pretty good for the disadvantage that his program has endured with injuries and transfers.
We will, you made good points don't get me wrong I just don't see it as a favorable option when it takes the parents and the students to build that enviroment. Thanks for the clean conversation PIGSKIN

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Wellston BOE needs to remember. You get what you pay for.

ALL of Wellston's football problems start at the top. Until Football is important to the people in charge, Wellston football will suck.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Blackjack wrote:Wellston BOE needs to remember. You get what you pay for.

ALL of Wellston's football problems start at the top. Until Football is important to the people in charge, Wellston football will suck.
Where is Wellston BOE supposed to pull this money from?? I mean yea there are a few that could take a pay cut but how many coaches do you think they would be able to pay then? my guess is one or two more?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

That board meeting must have been something to witness. What a mess.

When Dutch was brought in the claim was the local hero would "get them boys fired up," and bring the program back to the glory days, whatever those were. Just up the road, or across, the same claim was made about another coach with a catchy name, Justy, bringing the VC program back to the days akin to O'Rourke. Well it seems things didn't quite work out in either case. So here's a thought :idea: Why don't you have Dutch and Justy switch places and give both a second chance to prove they "can get them boys to run through brick walls." :mrgreen: The alternative is, "you just wait till next year cause Wellston is young and Dutch will have them boys fired up..." :mrgreen:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:
Wellston Ironman wrote:Ok...some serious thoughts......

They do the best with what they got when it comes to coaches not being paid it doesn't matter who coaches these teams assistants being paid will be hard to do, that is something only the BOE can fix. Like I said the weight room could and can be easily heated with this magical thing they call a heater I don't see why that is even an issue? just because you have to plug it in instead of turn a knob doesn't mean it won't do the job..

I still want to know where I can get some friggin cheese cake though lol

The dessert is for the ladies.......I am sure if you look around town you can figure me out. I will say this. If you ask for free cheesecake in person i will give it to you. How is that for a challenge?

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

[/quote]

I think you need to head on back to Dollar Gerneral and stay there. I know we could do without your stupid comments on these forums.[/quote]

Ouch. You must be one of the parents at the board meeting. I have to admit I am surprised at how well you spell. Oh wait........you used spell check. How cute?[/quote]

How cute? You would think you being a school teacher/administration you would know...How cute![/quote]

Do you two need a hug?

Return to “Football”