wellston rocket football program

doubleplay643
S

Re: wellston rocket football program

Post by doubleplay643 »

SouthernStorm wrote:
wrestlersdad6766 wrote:The transfer is confirmed to keep names out the player was #14 for the golden rockets.
Yet another reminder of why Wellston shouldn't play Jackson anymore.
Yep, time for a change in my opinion.

The SEOAL lasted 90+ years and it will have to change and I am sure those members will figure out something that ultimately will be better than a 3-person league.

Likewise, the Jackson-Wellston matchup that lasted 100+ years can adapt to, I am not buying that neither school can replace the gate from this game, and that this revenue is the end all be all for everything and that survival without it is impossible. I am calling BS on that.

Give me a Jackson-West or a Jackson-Chillicothe or a Jackson-Athens in week 1, and likewise a Wellston-Oak Hill or something similar. The overall difference in dollar revenue for whoever the first game replacements are can't be that much when looking at the overall season.

Everything changes, I no longer get up to change my TV (with rabbit ears) to switch the channel to 3, 8 or 13...this game needs to end for the betterment of both schools.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Ironman92 wrote:Hopefully everything works out in all of this.

People need to make sure they aren't being idiots. You can take sides and have opinions and still be respectful and classy.

Class is often forgotten in these situations especially as ugly as this one is getting due to emotions. But I agree 100% respect and class needs to be remembered.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Yet another reminder of why Wellston shouldn't play Jackson anymore.[/quote]

Yep, time for a change in my opinion.

The SEOAL lasted 90+ years and it will have to change and I am sure those members will figure out something that ultimately will be better than a 3-person league.

Likewise, the Jackson-Wellston matchup that lasted 100+ years can adapt to, I am not buying that neither school can replace the gate from this game, and that this revenue is the end all be all for everything and that survival without it is impossible. I am calling BS on that.

Give me a Jackson-West or a Jackson-Chillicothe or a Jackson-Athens in week 1, and likewise a Wellston-Oak Hill or something similar. The overall difference in dollar revenue for whoever the first game replacements are can't be that much when looking at the overall season.

Everything changes, I no longer get up to change my TV (with rabbit ears) to switch the channel to 3, 8 or 13...this game needs to end for the betterment of both schools.[/quote]

Yes, the Jackson Wellston game should be ended.. the series is lopsided with Jackson dominance and with a few Wellston miracles sprinkled in.. These aren't the old days of the SEOAL as you said things have to change. The gate of this game would come close to being matched just making it the Jamboree game.. This I know has been said over and over but, I believe if they want to keep playing then that is what they should make it... If Wellston wants a competitive first game then play Oak Hill or Make a change in the league schedule and throw V.C. in there first (although I do like V.C. being the last game of the year..) Or while Wellston is rebuilding schedule a team they know they can beat then just beef up the last 2 non-league games to help with the playoff chase.. Wellston has started of 1-0 ONE time since the 80's they finished 4-6 that year due to a tough non league schedule and some heart breakers. but IMO they gained a lot of confidence and played some very good football that whole year. It is time Wellston truly starts a building process and the best way to start is to get rid of this David vs. Goliath game at the beginning of the year.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I couldn't agree more, doubleplay and wrestlersdad. Also, something no one ever seems to mention is the fact that Jackson receives nearly $6000 dollars in state and local funding for every student that transfers in. The argument that the matchup must continue due to finances is nothing more than an excuse used by those who are afraid of change!

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

SouthernStorm wrote:I couldn't agree more, wrestlersdad. Also, something no one ever seems to mention is the fact that Jackson receives nearly $6000 dollars in state and local funding for every student that transfers in. The argument that the matchup must continue due to finances is nothing more than an excuse used by those who are afraid of change!
Yea and Wellston loses about that much... BUT as much as people in these parts don't want to admit the only way to fill the gap and to stop that is to change mindsets and play winnable ballgames and put butts in the seats and get student athletes believing they do play in a winning program.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

They should just stop football for abt 4 years and show the parents and kids they don't run sh#t.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

thechosenone wrote:They should just stop football for abt 4 years and show the parents and kids they don't run sh#t.
Hopefully sarcasm at its finest? lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

A new stadium could give the program the shot in the arm it needs.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:
thechosenone wrote:They should just stop football for abt 4 years and show the parents and kids they don't run sh#t.

No no sarcasm i love wellston football.... And if your a fan of it and live in wellston you probably know me. pm me i'll give you my real name. but the whole situation is bad stop it.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote:A new stadium could give the program the shot in the arm it needs.
A new stadium would be great but every time the levy is on the ballot it is shot down and from some more reading I found the BOE was not on board with figuring out more ways to help, besides the $60,000 dollar donation from them as of July 2, 2014. As stated, there is currently a donation being taken by the school to help in which it has numerous donations but not enough to make a dent in what they are shooting for which I think is a complex that will cost a lot of green let me see if I can get some numbers...

After digging around I found this plan on the school website this was published after the Rise Up Episode and is still on going. "For the track alone, which is Phase I, we need to raise approximately $1.5 million. Phase II, which includes new baseball and softball fields, is an additional $1 million. Phase III, the final phase, has the football field being placed inside the track along with many other stadium amenities for approximately $4 million.

Our school board has taken the lead on this project and placed $60,000 into an account for a new track. We have an anonymous donor who has promised $50,000. As you can see, we’re off to a great start."

Wellston seems to be giving a lack luster try at a new stadium.. I love C.H. Jones field but it is in dire needs of updates on the home side which includes updated seating (leave the brick foundation replace the old seats and update reserved seating area.) fence around the stadium looks nice but I still feel it is a little to close for comfort. Another thing that would help is a turf playing field, with increased and updated seating IMO they could host a d.7 or d.6 playoff game (which would increase funds). The lighting and Away stands are all just a few years old but were bought and installed with the thought of being easily moved when the time comes if ever...

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

thechosenone wrote:
wrestlersdad6766 wrote:

No no sarcasm i love wellston football.... And if your a fan of it and live in wellston you probably know me. pm me i'll give you my real name. but the whole situation is bad stop it.
PM sent

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Hard to blame kids for wanting to be part of winning program. High school on last a few years then it's over and winning is a lot more fun than losing new stadium huge support from community goes along way with kids. These kids work hard and if there's a better opportunity you can't blame them for jumping on it. The playoffs are a whole other season it's like the first game of the year everybody's excited again.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

PIGSKIN wrote: These kids work hard and if there's a better opportunity you can't blame them for jumping on it.
But on the other hand, we give parents and certain schools a ton of s#&& when kids transfer into them for better opportunities, academically and athletically. So why not make a categorical imperative that we can respect kids wanting to be a part of something that's also a part of them but at the same time bigger than them?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Phillips is a football genius. Wellston should hire this.. person.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Hutch is 20-30 and now your talking about a guy who lost the majority of his game at his last job and will not have volunteers help him. Kids are leaving not because of coach he's done a good job there leaving because no practice field no heat or air in training facility old stadium and poor support. The kids coming to jackson if they don't move will set five games and still play 7 or 8 games next year and they will win or be in Everyone of them at wellston they win maybe 3 or 4 and are not in but one or two of the others so its worth the sacrifice of a few games and they are not beat to death by the end of the season.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

The General wrote:Phillips is a football genius. Wellston should hire this.. person.
Last two seasons at St. Mary's Memorial:

0 Wins 10 Losses

0 Wins 10 Losses

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

The changing of coaches usually takes 4-5 years to turn a program around unless it's in pretty good shape when he comes in and Wellston is in Bad shape with all this drama so kids that are 9 10 11 grades will be asked to sacrifice the rest of high school for a system that has no support. You have already lost one of the best players and now the program as these kids know it is Hutch and I see a mass exit when the board hires new coach you build program from pee wee up and with support which Wellston has none of right now so your program for the next four or five years will be sparring partners for teams to beat up on to get ready for good teams.

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

I laugh at this whole thing. Look at the cycle of stupidity. Wellston football has losing year(s).....parenst demand change.....welsston keeps losing......repeat cycle.

Lots of perfectly good coaches have been paraded through what has become a coaches graveyard.

HMMMMMMMM.......maybe the coaches should go the BOE meeting and demand to have all the parents fired. They seem to be the REAL problem. Look at us . We have had the same guy for about 20 years and we was almost state champions last year and I bet my dollar general paycheck we win it this year.

GO CATS!

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

RutterKickballer wrote:I laugh at this whole thing. Look at the cycle of stupidity. Wellston football has losing year(s).....parenst demand change.....welsston keeps losing......repeat cycle.

Lots of perfectly good coaches have been paraded through what has become a coaches graveyard.

HMMMMMMMM.......maybe the coaches should go the BOE meeting and demand to have all the parents fired. They seem to be the REAL problem. Look at us . We have had the same guy for about 20 years and we was almost state champions last year and I bet my dollar general paycheck we win it this year.

GO CATS!

I think you need to head on back to Dollar Gerneral and stay there. I know we could do without your stupid comments on these forums.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

PIGSKIN wrote:Hutch is 20-30 and now your talking about a guy who lost the majority of his game at his last job and will not have volunteers help him. Kids are leaving not because of coach he's done a good job there leaving because no practice field no heat or air in training facility old stadium and poor support. The kids coming to jackson if they don't move will set five games and still play 7 or 8 games next year and they will win or be in Everyone of them at wellston they win maybe 3 or 4 and are not in but one or two of the others so its worth the sacrifice of a few games and they are not beat to death by the end of the season.
And your mindset is the exact reason kids don't stick to the program. If a kid or group of kids want to succeed this also applies to a coach or group of coaches then they will work as hard as they can and succeed on the field when Athens left the SEOAL they were bottom feeders but through hard work and dedication by the students and coaches they have turned into consistent winners even before the Joe Burrow and company, look at Oak Hill in the past 5-6 years they have turned in to a consistent winning program after a few bad years again due to hard work and dedication. Jackson stays consistent for the same reason also the list goes on and on.. As much as you don't want to admit it. It has to start somewhere and that is internally, turn the program around on the inside then community support comes along with all the other great things that come with winning. I personally wouldn't transfer just to sit and watch other kids who I played against last year succeed while I just jumped on board to be a "winner".

Return to “Football”