#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

could be. so many of us have wrestled with these private teams for decades. and maybe we underestimated the bulldogs, but it's a pleasant surprise. that is the great thing about being a fan of southern ohio football. I mean think about it. no where else in the state does 1 region root against you when they play you. then throw in and support you when your team gets to the playoffs. I'm sure there are a few that think hey I hope they get beat in week 1.but for the most part , those teams and fans are looking for games to go to, and fans to throw themselves into.i've done it for decades myself, a game on Friday and Saturday. I just can't do that financially any more. but southern ohio football fans are incredibly loyal and genuinely proud of our brothers.

john
Waterboy

Post by john »

noreply66 wrote:What was the turn out like for this game?
There were many kids and adults from other SE Ohio schools who attended.
Last edited by john on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Football fan wrote:
Athens had a great turn out DeSales had about 60% of visitor filled Logan did a great job putting game on
On the visitor's side is where a number of other SE Ohio adults and players sat. I saw letter jackets from Bloom Carroll, Jackson, Logan Elm, Marietta, Oak Hill and Chillicothe plus a lot of adults from those towns as well I am sure.

There were only a few seats in the upper ends of the home side, a very solid turnout for Athens.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

True, dp643, and I'll add the jackets of Piketon, Trimble and Hartley as others that I saw. Was a great atmosphere and neat to see that many other jackets in the stands and walking around taking in a great night of football.

Hard Hat Harry
Waterboy

Post by Hard Hat Harry »

Meigs,Eastern and Gallia were represented. They're also headed out to support Trimble tonight.
We've been with you and the Tomcats every step and looking forward to next week.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

That support is a fantastic thing to witness, 681! Hopefully all the southern Ohio teams can keep it going a few more weeks!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I was on the home side, it was almost full. The visiting side was pretty full. People standing here and there around the fence/track as well. Pretty good turn out imo, Noreply. Congrats on the win Athens!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Great stadium. Outstanding crowd. Perfect football weather. Playoff atmosphere. Nice teams. Great night!!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

There were a LOT of people rooting for Athens on the SFD visitors side. A couple FC people (myself included) were over there and coming in we didn't have a dog in the fight (no pun intended) but halfway through we decided we wanted to see Athens stick it to the Stallions. I was embarrassed to be a private school supporter over there with the comments I was hearing from DeSales supporters, such as their smart assery about the addition of the two seconds onto the game clock from 7:40 to 7:42 in the first quarter. Let the officials do their jobs and don't be a poor reflection on us. The small attendance was sadly expected. The smaller Catholic schools generally travel much better. Was glad Athens won, great atmosphere. Tons of Trimble and Alexander fans there! Great game overall. I'd love to see AHS win it all in D3.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Am I the only person not shocked by the score??
Not if you saw my prediction

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Oaf wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:"I think I'll stick around so I can watch you set yourself on fire as region 9 unfolds", Oaf when all he wanted to do was trash SE Ohio and Athens, and pick DeSales as the #1 in Region 9, weeks ago
I didn't trash SE Ohio or Athens by picking DeSales. I mean yeah, why would ANYONE think DeSales would challenge, they've never down ANYTHING have they? If you equate that as "trashing" a team because I pick another then so be it. I truly could care less what you think. You are totally acting like the fan that is in uncharted waters by your nonsensical behavior with your comments, which of course you are. You're so caught up in your ignorance you can't even enjoy the win. What a shame.

Oaf said the same with the Burg vs Hartley game... He obviously has 0 clue what he is talking about period...

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Sport Fan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:"I think I'll stick around so I can watch you set yourself on fire as region 9 unfolds", Oaf when all he wanted to do was trash SE Ohio and Athens, and pick DeSales as the #1 in Region 9, weeks ago
I didn't trash SE Ohio or Athens by picking DeSales. I mean yeah, why would ANYONE think DeSales would challenge, they've never down ANYTHING have they? If you equate that as "trashing" a team because I pick another then so be it. I truly could care less what you think. You are totally acting like the fan that is in uncharted waters by your nonsensical behavior with your comments, which of course you are. You're so caught up in your ignorance you can't even enjoy the win. What a shame.

Oaf said the same with the Burg vs Hartley game... He obviously has 0 clue what he is talking about period...
You know what they say Sport Fan, haters will hate.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Sport Fan wrote:
The Oaf wrote:

I picked Hartley to beat burg, remind us who won again? How's basketball practice going??

Return to “Football”