#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Here we go again :lol: If they thought them skill players were big they must not have been wearing their glasses
Yep, here we go again, have to see them myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: He said they was big, and now Ironmenfan is saying the same thing. Was Jackson in their white or red Bolt?
Jackson wasn't solid white trench,they had white shirts with red pants.DeSales dark shirts with white pants
We will see Friday how big. I gotta see this game, migraine headaches or not. I'll be there. 3 Tylenol and I'm out the door.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Oaf wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:["]Logan's lame , why would they not host ? Jealous of Athens I guess

Athens78 is an absolute idiot
You don't do too bad either Pol Pot

Wait unti Friday night! You of a person who says DeSales can't be beat. And do you have nothing better to do than troll around after my post?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Never said DeSales couldn't be beat, post the link to that PLEASE. I simply said i think they'll win region 9, still do. Trolling? "Athens78 is an absolute idiot" What kind of a statement is this? Trolling? Really? I will point idiocy out when I see it while reading seops. Some posters present more of an opportunity than others. With you, my cup runneth over.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I am very surprised Bloom-Carroll did not get this, unless they of course did not put in for it.

And can we all agree it's time for Lancaster to get turf? ;)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Bloom-Carroll is too small to host this game.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

ATHENS Should roll desales

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Early week prediction:

Bullpuppies 35

deSales 21

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

As a comment to some of the posts above, from an "eyeball" test lol DeSales "size" seemed to me to be equivalent to a Logan or Ironton squad perhaps even a tad smaller.

They are very athletic, and their middle linebacker #55 is a strong player cleaning up what the D-line disrupts. He matched up well against us because we run the ball and work the mid-line, not sure how well he would do in space with screens or options between Burrow and Williams.

DeSales has some length on the corners, not sure they will be that much of a mismatch against the twins from Athens. I have always said DeSales strength is their system of doing things right (something you would expect from a parochial school) and knowing assignments plus they obviously have access to athletic kids. But this is a very smart and experienced Athens bunch as well, equally sure of knowing what they want to do and how to accomplish it...team of destiny you might say.

As said above if Athens takes advantages of their possessions either by scoring or flipping field position I think they are in good shape to be playing in Week 14.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I would be very surprised if Athens does not win. They are the better team and have the ability to score quickly. I agree that the Athen's receivers will have an advantage.That being said, the DeSales Fullback and halfbacks are not huge but they are very fast. Jackson limited DeSales' ability to run the Veer triple option. They could only run it into the bench where they ran out of room on the pitch. DeSales then compressed their formations and the Jackson defense inside of it. They then hurt Jackson on the outside with the Rocket Sweep which they ran very well. When the Jackson secondary started sniffing they threw playaction off the rocket and got in behind them. You will not see a lot of passing from DeSales but when they do it and it is successful it will be a big play. The important thing for DeSales will be how well the DeSales' receivers block on Athen's defensive backs on the perimeter. I think Athens being an even front defense will see more midline option then Jackson did, the quarterback will be running the ball more. I think I read somewhere that he had a lot of yards rushing against Dover.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Oh sticks and stones. I have fun on here and some of you take this crap soooooo serious you'd think it's all you have to do. Keep taking the bait. lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

athens78 wrote:Oh sticks and stones. I have fun on here and some of you take this crap soooooo serious you'd think it's all you have to do. Keep taking the bait. lol

You talk crap about high school kids, and you are ignorant..... Maybe you should have fun somewhere else.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Roll_train_roll wrote:Region 9 plays Region 10. So it'd be Trotwood or Wapakoneta
last year it was region 7 VS 9 (st vinc vs MF )
back befor there were 7 div. div 3 was region 9-12 then it was 9vs11 10vs12 all the years back it been odd # vs odd # in region
has that changed this year ? i know maxprep has a brackets that show it as 9 vs 10 but i was told thats not set in stone that OHSAA rebrackets
just wondering

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Football fan wrote:
Roll_train_roll wrote:Region 9 plays Region 10. So it'd be Trotwood or Wapakoneta
last year it was region 7 VS 9 (st vinc vs MF )
back befor there were 7 div. div 3 was region 9-12 then it was 9vs11 10vs12 all the years back it been odd # vs odd # in region
has that changed this year ? i know maxprep has a brackets that show it as 9 vs 10 but i was told thats not set in stone that OHSAA rebrackets
just wondering
From OHSAA tweet yesterday:

"#OHSAA FOOTBALL: State semifinal info (how regional champs will be paired) for Div. II thru VII announced Monday"

I don't know for sure, but sounds like it could be announced today (Monday) how the regional champs will be paired into state semi-final games. Anyone know for sure?

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

State will announce next Sunday who will play. They go off of distance once we have the 4 regional champs. Try to match up the 2 teams that are closer together. So it can change from year to year what regions will match up.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

No crap about kids, just playing with silly people on a website that keep taking the bait, lol. As not to make Athens True fans year in and year out mad I'll pick Athens 79 DeSales 6.

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Just released by OHSAA:

"Division III State Semifinals – Games at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28
Home Team Listed First. Sites announced Nov. 23.

Region 7 vs. Region 9

Region 8 vs. Region 10"

Therefore, if Athens would win on Friday, they would play the winner of Hubbard/ASVSM.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

theplainsbulldog wrote:Just released by OHSAA:

"Division III State Semifinals – Games at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28
Home Team Listed First. Sites announced Nov. 23.

Region 7 vs. Region 9

Region 8 vs. Region 10"

Therefore, if Athens would win on Friday, they would play the winner of Hubbard/ASVSM.

that's consistent with what has been done in the past by OHSAA

ny_defense_21
Waterboy

Post by ny_defense_21 »

Hmm the maxpreps bracket had 9 playing 10. Not sure if I'd rather play 7 or 10.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Hmmm.... Hartley and Westerville? Two teams not even in the same class as any playoff team Athens has beaten. Way way above them and one being DI.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

athens78 wrote:Hmmm.... Hartley and Westerville? Two teams not even in the same class as any playoff team Athens has beaten. Way way above them and one being DI.
Hartley is D5

Return to “Football”