Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Bulldog
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by Bulldog »

No one should question the Pirates toughness, heart or pride. I don't think that will be lacking on the other side either.

I saw a comment earlier about the "all star team". That's nothing new and it's complimentary as far as I'm concerned. What I think is impressive is Hartley has had three head coaches in the past 50 years. Two are hall of famers and the other is on his way. Brad Burchfield and his staff have developed players that people refer to as all stars.

Hartley is a faith based college preparatory school and that's its purpose. Students who want to play football want to play for Brad Burchfield and be part of a tradition, a program. Burchfield develops boys to young men and young men into football players - really good football players. I've seen it. A few go on to the next level and many hang up the cleats when their senior season comes to and end. All of them know the game and contribute to the team.

Wheelersburg has a great tradition and community support. No one should question that. We're going to see two good teams line up on Saturday and battle. Both teams will be part of the award ceremony after the game and they both move on. One will continue toward their goal of a state championship the other will take some time off and start working for next season. Who will play week 14 hasn't been decided.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Give them Hell Wheelersburg!!!! You guys have the team this year to win it all for Southern Ohio!!

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

wobycat wrote:Last year burg was a finesse team. This year the pirates are tough as nails. Now the Jackson game is the indicator of hawk fans judgement, that's not a good indicator. 2 reasons.

1. There's a added incentive in that game. Coach hall is from burg and was trounced the first two times they played. Jackson played the most physical game in quite awhile and burg was not ready. Even with all that opportunity was there for burg to stay in it.

2. Scheme change. After that game pirates changed their scheme, and got a player back from injury. They have been a brick wall since.

This may or may not prove to be relevant in this game. But I promise you burg will be in the game til the end. And just might schock the all star team.

Might be the weakest post ever.
1. Don't you think the incentive is high for Hartley to win this game?
2. Jackson ran ISO and power and midline right at Burg. No scheme was going to fix that. It was defensive tackles getting driven backward. It was linebackers getting crushed. It was not scheme at all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Followed by the weakest response ever. I'm not going to get on here and explain away how they did it, but they did change their scheme. Don't you think other teams saw the Jackson film and said this is how you beat burg? Down in these parts teams will do just about anything to knock off the pirates. Liberty unions big back, and he was big ran ISO all night. Burg held the whole team to -10 yards rushing. Palladino from ironton. The se district player of the year. 70 yards. All ironton does is run.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

wobycat wrote:Followed by the weakest response ever. I'm not going to get on here and explain away how they did it, but they did change their scheme. Don't you think other teams saw the Jackson film and said this is how you beat burg? Down in these parts teams will do just about anything to knock off the pirates. Liberty unions big back, and he was big ran ISO all night. Burg held the whole team to -10 yards rushing. Palladino from ironton. The se district player of the year. 70 yards. All ironton does is run.
...and break legs (after the whistle)

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

wobycat wrote:Followed by the weakest response ever. I'm not going to get on here and explain away how they did it, but they did change their scheme. Don't you think other teams saw the Jackson film and said this is how you beat burg? Down in these parts teams will do just about anything to knock off the pirates. Liberty unions big back, and he was big ran ISO all night. Burg held the whole team to -10 yards rushing. Palladino from ironton. The se district player of the year. 70 yards. All ironton does is run.

You are right.

1. Hartley probably wont try and wont have much incentive

2. Hartley probably wont be able to run the ball because they are the same quality of team as Liberty Union and Ironton.

You win. :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No they will get plenty of yards, but some hawk fans are saying it's a blowout, judging by what Jackson did to them. I'm simply saying that's not a good game to judge by. You insist that my post is to prove burg is better. Clearly you did not read it in it's entirety. Burg will have to play a great game to be in it and/or pull the upset. I think they will.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

wobycat wrote:No they will get plenty of yards, but some hawk fans are saying it's a blowout, judging by what Jackson did to them. I'm simply saying that's not a good game to judge by. You insist that my post is to prove burg is better. Clearly you did not read it in it's entirety. Burg will have to play a great game to be in it and/or pull the upset. I think they will.

Fair enough.

This is not the same team that played Jackson. Wheelersburg will be ready.

I talked to some Hartley people yesterday. They are locked in and have a lot of respect for Wheelersburg. They know it will be a great game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dang right it will be a good game.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

This should be a close game. I will be there for sure I hope everyone from scioto county comes and packs the place for the burg. I think burg can pull off the upset.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I think so too! Pirates with the upset! Burg finds a way and WINS!!!!

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

PirateFan2 wrote:I think so too! Pirates with the upset! Burg finds a way and WINS!!!!
Think you meant to say pirates will be upset. About losing to Hartley.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
PirateFan2 wrote:I think so too! Pirates with the upset! Burg finds a way and WINS!!!!
No he said it correctly.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg can win this game if.. They can establish a running game. We can't become one demensionl. Also burg will need to force a couple of turn overs and capitalize on them. Burg will have to play very physical at the los and not let #4 get a head of steam. He is huge and will run any1 over if u let him get momentum. Also containing their qb will be a task! He has great speed and really sails his fakes. Our ends will need to stay home and make good reads. If all of that happens burg comes out on top! Good luck to my pirates! Find a way to be champions! Hopeing for an injury free game for all players!

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Birdofprey wrote:No one should question the Pirates toughness, heart or pride. I don't think that will be lacking on the other side either.

I saw a comment earlier about the "all star team". That's nothing new and it's complimentary as far as I'm concerned. What I think is impressive is Hartley has had three head coaches in the past 50 years. Two are hall of famers and the other is on his way. Brad Burchfield and his staff have developed players that people refer to as all stars.

Hartley is a faith based college preparatory school and that's its purpose. Students who want to play football want to play for Brad Burchfield and be part of a tradition, a program. Burchfield develops boys to young men and young men into football players - really good football players. I've seen it. A few go on to the next level and many hang up the cleats when their senior season comes to and end. All of them know the game and contribute to the team.

Wheelersburg has a great tradition and community support. No one should question that. We're going to see two good teams line up on Saturday and battle. Both teams will be part of the award ceremony after the game and they both move on. One will continue toward their goal of a state championship the other will take some time off and start working for next season. Who will play week 14 hasn't been decided.
:aaaaa59 Best post yet! It will be a war!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
I don't think anyone would be that upset losing this game. Any Burg fan with decent knowledge understands that we are the underdog, no questions asked. There are a lot of posts saying stuff about "if Burg can play a near perfect game", "if Burg can force some 3-and-outs", etc. A lot of IF's and we understand the uphill battle that will be there Saturday night. There are just a lot of us who believe that this team COULD make this happen and become a reality IF things go our way.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

What kind of factor will this week of practice be? Conditions have been brutal all week. What kind of practices have both teams had? How much have they practiced outstide?

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

People posting stuff on about game,"Who will new and who will lose......Ive seen Hartley play and Burg will have to play their hearts out.Two things Burg will have to do to beat Harltey: 1)no mistakes 2)play the best game that they have ever played. Good luck to both teams. I will be there to watch this one!!!!!

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
I hope that the hartley players have the same mentality that some of there fans do. If so burg will be playing in week 14. Pirates have already had a hell of a season and win or lose we are proud of our pirates. So pirates leave it all on the field and give em hell. Make them remember the night they played the PIRATES!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

AHM wrote:What kind of factor will this week of practice be? Conditions have been brutal all week. What kind of practices have both teams had? How much have they practiced outstide?
Monday burg worked on strength for practice.(weight room) the last couple days they have been outside going hard! The kids seem fired up and confident. Burg seems to be breaking down Hartley's offense, practicing pretty much every play. Using some of our best players that don't play d to imitate Hartley key players. Very through hard practices! What has Hartley been up to?

Return to “Football”