#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Re: #1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by bigblue allday »

How about that weak league they call the TVC. 5 teams in the playoffs and now 2 in the final 4. Congrats to the Tomcats And Bulldogs. Way to represent

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

TTomcat99 wrote:How about that weak league they call the TVC. 5 teams in the playoffs and now 2 in the final 4. Congrats to the Tomcats And Bulldogs. Way to represent
Agreed.

Congrats to the Tomcats and Bulldogs and good luck in the Final Four!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Trimble

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

TTomcat99 wrote:How about that weak league they call the TVC. 5 teams in the playoffs and now 2 in the final 4. Congrats to the Tomcats And Bulldogs. Way to represent
There's good teams that can come from the TVC, but top to bottom it is not an overly competitive conference. 5/17 making the playoffs isn't that impressive.

Now, two teams from the same county making playoffs, that's somethin' !

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The FC Fan wrote:
There's good teams that can come from the TVC, but top to bottom it is not an overly competitive conference. 5/17 making the playoffs isn't that impressive.

You just had to say something!?!

You just couldn't resist could you?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Tomcats!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The FC Fan wrote:

Beaver: "Gosh Wally, Eddie says that 29.4% of your football conference making the playoffs is not impressive. Do you believe that?"

Wally: "Well Beav, you know, Eddie isn't the brightest light bulb in the package!"

Thanks for humoring me with my Leave it to Beaver reference. The logic exhibited in the post quoted above deserved that kind of response.

I'll bite and ask. So, what percentage of teams in Fisher Catholic's league made the playoffs this year? Please, enlighten all of us on your league's strength. :mrgreen:

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Orange and Brown wrote:
The FC Fan wrote:

You just had to say something!?!

You just couldn't resist could you?
Two teams from the same county (and league) in the final four is impressive, but certainly the 5/17 comment drew ire. Doesn't the TVC generally send >3 teams to week 11? NY & Trimble are generally good for the post-season plus a team or two from the other part of the conference. I guess I'm surprised five of the seventeen (or four of the sixteen, not counting Wahama & WV playoffs) is apparently an atypical performance of this league. I don't think the TVC is a weak league, and certainly it's strong teams are showing how for real they are. I guess my point is while the TVC isn't a weak league, it's not a conference that top to bottom is especially strong (in fact, outside of Cincinnati's Greater Catholic League and the MAC, I don't a conference with such competitive prowess and parity across the state of Ohio exists). The MSL send 10/21 to playoffs, but that doesn't change the fact most of the eleven teams that didn't qualify aren't that good - nor does it change the fact the TVC's top two would have their way with the MSL's top two.

TVC has two teams in the final four, which is something most leagues can't say. It's just the idea there's so much praise for a 17 school league sending five to the playoffs is what befuddles me (namely because I imagine the TVC as a whole is good for sending four teams year in/year out). Not at all looking to be "that guy".

Like I stated, it was great to see such support last night from Athens Co and general SE Ohio fans for a team they want to beat weeks 1-10; I imagine there was a lot of support for Trimble as well. I can see where my comment can be taken as dickish, certainly wasn't the intention so my apologies. Just surprised how sending 5/17 to week 11 was such a big deal, since it would almost sound like a given from a quantitative perspective. But most importantly, we're talking about kids and communities so instead of thinking "man they think 5/17 is a big deal", I'll appreciate the fact there's such support for the five teams extending beyond their respective fanbases.

Tl;dr - man, thinking about a kids' game quantitatively isn't fun! -- good luck Athens and Trimble, keep making your friends and families (and your neighbors!) proud!

SD- MSL sent 9/21 (earlier I said 10/21 but I mis-counted in my head in retrospect). Granted, the one division (the Buckeye, with schools such as Logan Elm, Bloom-Carroll et al) sent five of eight, so they basically backpacked the MSL's bragging rights there as the other two combined to send 4/13. Hopefully we can do better next year.

Sorry for taking away from the thread. At least radio stations aren't taking sides on here :mrgreen:
Last edited by chiefs on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovethemtigers
Waterboy

Post by lovethemtigers »

Congrats to the cats on another big win. Thought this team was the class of the region again all year. I was worried about this week after that close call with Caldwell, but amazing performance on all sides of the ball in the 2nd half. Shadyside fans already blaming the loss on the refs...again. And a lot of garbage talked all week about the Mohawk mafia from the tigers, showing the same lack of class as last year, typical from a racist little hell-hole. Congrats, now the tigers hate Trimble as much as Newark Catholic and more than Western Reserve (teams they can't beat and always blame recruiting or refs and not themselves). Thank you for ending the season again for a bunch of white-supremacist nuts! Good luck against your next team, which ever one that is.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Well first, their are 16 teams in the TVC
Second, I'll take 5 out of 16 teams anyway.........

You can't say anything positive without adding something negative. I am proud that my school is in the TVC and we are proud of our league!
Quit hating on us and just be happy for Trimble and Athens FC Fan.....

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Orange and Brown wrote:Well first, their are 16 teams in the TVC
Second, I'll take 5 out of 16 teams anyway.........

You can't say anything positive without adding something negative. I am proud that my school is in the TVC and we are proud of our league!
Quit hating on us and just be happy for Trimble and Athens FC Fan.....
Maybe I'm wrong, but eight in the Ohio and nine in the Hocking?

Edit: apparently there's seven in the Ohio. Eh, happens to us all.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Congrats to Trimble.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Congrats to Trimble on ending Shadyside's season once again.

I know all year long all I've read is the Tigers going to the final game in Columbus.
Well, they got as far as Zanesville

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TRIMBLE TOMCATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

surfsider wrote:Shadyside takes this one not simply for any revenge factor, but I believe the Tigers have the better t-e-a-m.
Meadowbrook's stadium is almost like a home-away-from-home for Shadyside. I think the Tigers are 7-0 there in playoffs and regular season games.

GO TIGERS

GO SHADYSIDE

looking forward to a Shadyside/Western Reserve state semi-final in Steubenville
Not poking fun here surfsider but I am glad we got to prove you wrong. Shadyside was not the better team. They had one thoroughbred but Trimble had many more. Austin Dorris is one heck of a football player but he proved tonight he is not someone who can cover Austin Downs. Also JJ was also a force in the passing game as well as the running game. Losey dropped some dimes tonight to 5 different receivers. And our Off. line kept Losey upright with no sacks. So again the Better Team was the cats. Was Austin Dorris one of the best players on the field?? No doubt but his 4 turnovers (1 Fumble 3 Int's.) were very costly. Wouldn't trade the cats heart for anyteam in the State.
Good luck to the Cats and Dogs in the Final Four.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

surfsider wrote:Congrats to Trimble on ending Shadyside's season once again.

I know all year long all I've read is the Tigers going to the final game in Columbus.
Shadyside didn't even make it to Zanesville, unless the bus driver took them to Cracker Barrel to eat after. They got stopped in Byesville. Also your fans suck, leaving before the game was over because they were losing. Good luck next week against the flyers tomcats.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

I am extremely proud of theses two SE Ohio teams. I am proud of the TVC. But let's keep it real. The Cats have done this by true Trimble spirit. They just out rutter the opponent and theft is a compliment. Athens has done it with a super class lead by a bonifide super star. The TVC is fortunate to have these teams at the sand time.

However before the TVC fans hurt themselves beating their collective chest. Please note the MAC. Three teams playing next week and about half the teams the TVC has. Oh one more thing the MAC is having a bad year when at least two schools do not reach week 14.

Having said that even being mentioned with the MAC is a great compliment to the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Someone else who has to give us a backhanded compliment........................

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

gecko wrote:
surfsider wrote:Shadyside takes this one not simply for any revenge factor, but I believe the Tigers have the better t-e-a-m.
Meadowbrook's stadium is almost like a home-away-from-home for Shadyside. I think the Tigers are 7-0 there in playoffs and regular season games.

GO TIGERS

GO SHADYSIDE

looking forward to a Shadyside/Western Reserve state semi-final in Steubenville
Not poking fun here surfsider but I am glad we got to prove you wrong. Shadyside was not the better team. They had one thoroughbred but Trimble had many more. Austin Dorris is one heck of a football player but he proved tonight he is not someone who can cover Austin Downs. Also JJ was also a force in the passing game as well as the running game. Losey dropped some dimes tonight to 5 different receivers. And our Off. line kept Losey upright with no sacks. So again the Better Team was the cats. Was Austin Dorris one of the best players on the field?? No doubt but his 4 turnovers (1 Fumble 3 Int's.) were very costly. Wouldn't trade the cats heart for anyteam in the State.
Good luck to the Cats and Dogs in the Final Four.
Yep, I was wrong, but I'm not a fan of Shadyside, nor a graduate of SHS, but the school is relatively close and having seen Dorris play for 4 seasons I never thought he'd commit that many mistakes. That Austin Downs must be one heckuva player!
bucks_09 wrote:
surfsider wrote:Congrats to Trimble on ending Shadyside's season once again.[/color]
Shadyside didn't even make it to Zanesville, unless the bus driver took them to Cracker Barrel to eat after. They got stopped in Byesville. Also your fans suck, leaving before the game was over because they were losing. Good luck next week against the flyers tomcats.
okay, it was getting late and I know Byesville is a little shorter drive than Zanesville, but I thought I did see a few Shadyside fans at the St. Clairsville Cracker Barrel this morning, LOL. Yes, Shadyside's fans are a bit fickle to say the least. Good luck to Trimble. I've never been to Glouster, but I bet there's some partying goin' on in Athens County this week.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Shadyside completely fell apart last night , both sides of the ball and Trimble kept their composure and deserved the win........Sorry Gecko, I just got your pm, I guess your question need not apply now.

Return to “Football”