STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Post by Orange and Brown »

No problem old friend.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Looks like bleachers in each end zone as well.

http://vasco-sports.thevascogroup.com/p ... er-Stadium

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Looks nice.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Simply as an unbiased observer I think it's pretty crappy the location of this game. I know they're trying to place it closer to them in order to get more ppl to show up from their side, the state already knows Athens is traveling regardless of location. I was hoping to get to catch this game but figured Columbus area with a thought that it would be east of Columbus but never dreamed it was going to be a rocks throw away from ASVSM. Honestly know nothing about ASVSM so giving a prediction is pretty tough I will say going off their scores looks as if they can be scored upon but looks like they can keep up with the scoring as well. This may very well turn into a shoot out and I'm going to stick with the local boys of Athens County to advance to state championship game by 10-14 at least.

Anyone familiar with this stadium I see it sits 8,500 but exactly where in the heck is the parking at?? Just going off Google maps looks like enough parking for 30-40 cars, lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Greygoose wrote:Simply as an unbiased observer I think it's pretty crappy the location of this game. I know they're trying to place it closer to them in order to get more ppl to show up from their side, the state already knows Athens is traveling regardless of location. I was hoping to get to catch this game but figured Columbus area with a thought that it would be east of Columbus but never dreamed it was going to be a rocks throw away from ASVSM. Honestly know nothing about ASVSM so giving a prediction is pretty tough I will say going off their scores looks as if they can be scored upon but looks like they can keep up with the scoring as well. This may very well turn into a shoot out and I'm going to stick with the local boys of Athens County to advance to state championship game by 10-14 at least.

Anyone familiar with this stadium I see it sits 8,500 but exactly where in the heck is the parking at?? Just going off Google maps looks like enough parking for 30-40 cars, lol

Again, why complain about the location??????

I'd five 300 miles to watch an Athens county team play in the regional Finals. Focus on how awesome it is for these kids to be playing week 14!

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Greygoose wrote:Simply as an unbiased observer I think it's pretty crappy the location of this game. I know they're trying to place it closer to them in order to get more ppl to show up from their side, the state already knows Athens is traveling regardless of location. I was hoping to get to catch this game but figured Columbus area with a thought that it would be east of Columbus but never dreamed it was going to be a rocks throw away from ASVSM. Honestly know nothing about ASVSM so giving a prediction is pretty tough I will say going off their scores looks as if they can be scored upon but looks like they can keep up with the scoring as well. This may very well turn into a shoot out and I'm going to stick with the local boys of Athens County to advance to state championship game by 10-14 at least.

Again, why complain about the location??????

I'd five 300 miles to watch an Athens county team play in the regional Finals. Focus on how awesome it is for these kids to be playing week 14!

Read then post

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

SVSM is the higher seed so it makes sense its closer to them,but I am a little surprised its that close.Agree with O&B just be glad they are there!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

By the sounds of Greygoose's post it's not complaining, sounds like the location is putting him in a bind or something. Maybe his work schedule is pressing him for time and he was wishing it would have been on the east side of Columbus so he could have attended the game. I think just about everybody is glad they made it this far, and are happy for the young men that worked hard to get there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

It must be a hard problem having to drive a little to watch your team play in the final 4.............

What an inconvenience.

No one complained when Athens played Tri Valley and Marion Franklin at Logan last year.....

Or when Desales made the trip down this year.

Life must be hard for Trimble and Athens fans lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

This could be a very very fun game to watch if you like to see lots of points!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He said he was hoping to catch this game, sounds like he's pressing for time to me and was wishing it was in the Columbus area. Agree on that O&B, it could be a very fun game to watch. Nice looking place for this battle as well.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:SVSM is the higher seed so it makes sense its closer to them,but I am a little surprised its that close.Agree with O&B just be glad they are there!
You haven't left for Ricart yet, Bolt? Those salesman are waiting on ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Trenchfoot wrote:By the sounds of Greygoose's post it's not complaining, sounds like the location is putting him in a bind or something. Maybe his work schedule is pressing him for time and he was wishing it would have been on the east side of Columbus so he could have attended the game. I think just about everybody is glad they made it this far, and are happy for the young men that worked hard to get there.
You are exactly correct, wasn't complaining in the least bit. Just stating a point I was really hoping for closer work schedule and thanksgiving being on Saturday killing me to work out a 3 hr drive in there. Was surprised by what the state deemed "neutral" site.
Last edited by niholly on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Trenchfoot wrote:He said he was hoping to catch this game, sounds like he's pressing for time to me and was wishing it was in the Columbus area. Agree on that O&B, it could be a very fun game to watch. Nice looking place for this battle as well.
Yeah I don't have a dog in the fight but I do believe this will be a heck of a game and from what I've heard about Athens was hoping to watch Burrows and company before it was all said and done.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Greygoose wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:By the sounds of Greygoose's post it's not complaining, sounds like the location is putting him in a bind or something. Maybe his work schedule is pressing him for time and he was wishing it would have been on the east side of Columbus so he could have attended the game. I think just about everybody is glad they made it this far, and are happy for the young men that worked hard to get there.
You are exactly correct, wasn't complaining in the least bit. Just stating a point I was really hoping for closer work schedule and thanksgiving being on Saturday killing me to work out a 3 hr drive in there. Was surprised by what the state deemed "neutral" site.
I figured that's what ya meant and couldn't drive that far. I thought maybe you worked 3rd shift and couldn't make it back in time for work or something.

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

For entertainment purposes only, Calpreps has Athens by 6 (40-34) and Pasteur has Athens by 5. Let's hope they both are right!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Go gettem Dawgs!!!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:I think Athens hasn't faced this level of competition all season. SVSM has got superior size and speed. This is bumpkins vs the real deal. Burrow will be totally rattled. Catholic schools can't be beat! Go Irish! That said, Athens wins by 3 TDs and Burrow throws for 300+ with no ints. Irish wishes they had last year's Mr Football back instead of getting shredded by this year's. All the arrogant jerks in NEO wonder aloud whether this is the same pack of hicks from that smelly farm territory outside the two important corners of the state that slayed the mighty Ursuline in 2002.
This is a southeastern Ohio site. Do us all a favor and remove your mid eastern self from this site

The General
All State

Post by The General »

To tell you truth G.W.A... I would rather you leave than this guy. He is a lot more entertaining than you. :122245

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

If you think a guy that pokes fun at high school kids calling them names is entertaining you really need to check yourself and say no to drugs. :-D

Return to “Football”