Gallia Academy (49) @ River Valley (7)

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley (Sat.)

Post by BlizzardMan »

Yeah never trust Tribune stats. No way he threw 31 times.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 pm Yeah never trust Tribune stats. No way he threw 31 times.
Hudl has them at 34 attempts

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hudl musta got their info from the same person that the tribune did! lol!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Sounds like even with the loss last week that Gallia has gotten its legs under themselves after 4 years or so.

I may make a trip up the river Saturday to see this one, sounds like there is a little rivalry brewing.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

RV at Home ! In a close one!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Return of the Slobberknockers.
Blue Devils take this one.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm Talk about the game!
If the recruiting stuff comes back up, this thread will be shut down.
Thank you, but I will not hesitate to defend a kid being smeared.
Kid getting smeared? If I recall from all the deleted post, the moral of the story is that Campbell is one heck of an athlete and deserves that ball in his hands (no matter what Gallia team he is on) . That's not a smear. That's a compliment. I would hope Penrod would want to use his newly acquired kid from RV against RV. Campbell would have to have some extra juices flowing come Saturday evening.

I am sure that when the dust settles Saturday night, either there is going to be a RV team that is either saying they didn't need Campbell to beat Gallia OR you're gonna hear a RV team that is saying Gallia could only beat them by getting one of their kids. (that's simply a fact, that Campbell attended RV last year, and for whatever reason, is now attending GA)

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:59 am Hudl musta got their info from the same person that the tribune did! lol!
Hudl shows every play and I counted 34 Pass plays.

Emawood
Waterboy

Post by Emawood »

The Blue Devils D will have huge night. The DL and LBs are quick and should give the RV problems. This game comes down to can the Blue Devils finish the game. They had Meigs on the ropes several times but didn't close it out, the loss was growing pains pains for a much improved GA squad! Good luck to both teams and hope they both come out of a hard hitting rivalry game healthy.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Go RV. They got us some playoff points last week, as I predicted they would. So keep that Buckeye playoff point machine going this week and spank Gallia. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:27 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:59 am Hudl musta got their info from the same person that the tribune did! lol!
Hudl shows every play and I counted 34 Pass plays.
Maybe both teams combined. :roll:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 pm Yeah never trust Tribune stats. No way he threw 31 times.
If they got to 34 passes then that meant the QB did that little one yard pitch to the motion man. Who handed to the back a lot of times that I did not catch. Or there were a lot RPO's that HUDL recognized as passes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

As far as Campbell goes I think Blue Devils would love to use him more on offense. But he is really what makes that defense go. On one 4down set last week. He made a tackle going out bounce on blue devil sideline. One on meigs sideline. Defended a pass 15 yards down field and dropped QB for a loss. That is why they just have him in certain opportunities on offense. Not that he is not a great option. But he can just do stuff on defense no one else they have can do

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm
If they got to 34 passes then that meant the QB did that little one yard pitch to the motion man. Who handed to the back a lot of times that I did not catch. Or there were a lot RPO's that HUDL recognized as passes.
No, Actually thinking about it, that might have had wide view and then endzone view...so would really just have to watch it to get a count

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm

No, Actually thinking about it, that might have had wide view and then endzone view...so would really just have to watch it to get a count
Either way. I don't remember 9 receptions either.. whatever it is in past

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The Meigs radio stat man has done stats for 40 years. I just checked his stats from Friday's game. Texted him to make sure. 9/31 is correct.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:53 pm As far as Campbell goes I think Blue Devils would love to use him more on offense. But he is really what makes that defense go. On one 4down set last week. He made a tackle going out bounce on blue devil sideline. One on meigs sideline. Defended a pass 15 yards down field and dropped QB for a loss. That is why they just have him in certain opportunities on offense. Not that he is not a great option. But he can just do stuff on defense no one else they have can do
Couldn't agree more svac83.

Last year for River Valley, Campbell was billed as the featured RB. He was that, but by the end of the season he was an all-conference, all-district LB for the Raiders. I told people once I heard he was heading into the city, he's better suited at LB. Was last year for RV no doubt!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night between 2 friendly rivals!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Looking forward to this game. I expect the field to be muddy. Don't know if this favors one team over the other, but I assume it could change the game-plan for both teams.

Hoping for a Raider Victory.....and healthy players at the end.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

GO #7!!!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Tonight Gallia Academy @ River Valley

Post by mattash »

Picking Gallia

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”