OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community Sch

then what
Varsity

Re: OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community

Post by then what »

I heard that Coach Gifford was the connection for both the big guys to get a look from Va. Tech then ohio state offered. Gifford is going to Portsmouth to coach so these big fellows will prolly follow him.........

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Does Portsmouth have a new Coach? When did Gifford get hired at Portsmouth?

1987 Viking Alumni
Waterboy

Post by 1987 Viking Alumni »

then what wrote:I heard that Coach Gifford was the connection for both the big guys to get a look from Va. Tech then ohio state offered. Gifford is going to Portsmouth to coach so these big fellows will prolly follow him.........
I seriously doubt that either will follow him to Portsmouth, if in fact that is where Coach Gifford ends up. The only player that will follow him to Portsmouth will be the QB.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I made the following post on Oct. 24, 2014. And, everybody on here throwing there two cents on here now supporting this move by the kid; thought it was terrible for me to mention it! Now, some of you are on here trying to recruit him to your schools! The thread was: Week #9 Victorville @Green!

Here it is:
I think that you might want to compare apple's to apples and not apple's to raisins! Does Mr. Gerald have a double scholarship? And, I know Tyler is a good lineman; but, he certainly is no Pryor or Winston! So, yeah, I would say that they shouldn't play another sport out of fear of injury! Now, will they come out and suggest that in public? Most likely not.. but, let him get injured in a basketball game; whether nobody would want to realize the stark facts about it or not.. you might just blow an opportunity of a lifetime! Look at it this way! He's got a full ride to Ohio State in football.. period; as a high school basketball coach or athletic director; are you even going to pressure or ask a kid to take a chance on screwing up his education and athletic career? I mean come on; the kid is already the size of a NFL lineman and your wanting him to take a chance of screwing his opportunity to play at OSU and maybe have a chance to get a couple of National Championships under his belt! That would be an amazing resume going into a NFL Draft! Why? Take unnecessary risk that has nothing to do with increasing your goal of playing for Ohio State! For basketball? For East? If the guy went to Burg, Minford, Valley or wherever; if I was his parents.. it would be nothing but, football and football related!

Now, I know the argument can be said that; "What about if he wants to play?" Well, that's where his parents, coaches, athletic director and other people in his life should go over his options and have a real heart-to-heart! And, actuality it is ultimately his and his parents decision. He will be forced to make a big adult decision!

Now, playoffs and East! East has made it to the playoffs what...4 or 5 times in the last 40 years! And, that's great and all! But, you say that nobody gets into the playoffs bcause of who they are or bcause of their programs. But, then in the same breath you say that East has a good chance of making it to the playoffs. But, in Division 7 and the second smallest Region! And, that's cool.. everybody can't be the big boys on the block especially in our county when you have 9 schools competing for the talent pool. I promise you most of the other schools in the county will make playoffs; year after year.. before Sciotoville!

Every other school has a better chance of making the playoffs than East! With the exceptions of Green and maybe ND! The rest have a tremendously overwhelming chance of making the playoffs than East does. And, they play up on their non-league games every week and year after year.. greater competition, greater rewards! And, I know East has done this as well on a very limited basis. I have in the past ask the AD to schedule stiffer competition. Answer: Why? So, we can get our brains beat-out! And, I get that! But then complacency sets in and, your program begins to wither on the vine! Look! Todd's a great coach! He is a student of one of the best coaches that ever coached at East.. his father-in-law Darryl Davis! Kelly and Lance.. great assistants! They know what it takes to build a successful program. But, when you don't have the support groups like the championship programs have.. Well, your destined to fail! That's all I'll say about that now!

But, you failed to answer the most important question in my last post! And, I guess I will re-direct and 're-Word the question.

Considering Tyler Gerald future and his athletic scholarship to OSU. Would this young man be better off playing for a Burg, Ironton, Valley, West or Minford? They offer everything and more than East can offer!

Better.. venues, weightrooms, competition, training opportunities, traditions, boosters, playoffs, championships, buildings, rivalries, the draw of bigger crowds! Not to mention an opportunity to smack Portsmouth in the mouth!

So, tell me! Where is this young man going to receive the best bang for his buck? Who can provide him with the best possible tools to prepare for the.. Greatest College football team in the nation? East or most anybody else! Sorry.. But, it's about this young man's future; not Sciotoville' s!

If you can just answer that simple question first.. And then I'll read whatever else you want to put on here! I think my point has been made and I'll defer to you.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I heard this kid is back from the prep school already? Is that true?

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

He just Left today!!!! He isn't back, if he decides to come back so what, it won't be the end of the world and he is 17 years old. Fla is far away from ohio with no Mom or dad as a high school kid so before anyone goes passing judgement how many of you guys been in his shoes? none, exactly so let the kid go experience it and pray that he loves it and sticks it out.....better yet pray that one day one of our own children get the same opportunity.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

good luck on your journey

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Buckeyes911

Get your panties in a wad much? Wow! Wasn't a derogatory question at all, just heard that. I hope he goes on to to have great career at OSU and beyond. Anytime a kid from southern ohio makes good it is great for everyone.

You might want to get some anger management therapy.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I'm fine!!! I see a lot of jealousy and sneak dissing on this site and its sickening to me because we are talking mostly about kids. Us adults had our shot/chances etc. Where's the encouragement to these young men and women, why don't folk try to reach out to some of these kids if they're so concerned about their lives. if I'm wrong for feeling this way then I don't want to be right. Tyler Gerald is fine just know that. watch the NFL draft in a few years so you can see how fine he is. God Bless

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Aren't you on the other thread blasting the entire coaching staff! Might want to look in the mirror.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

This kid is a great player hope he goes to fla. To give himself a real chance to play for the buckeyes

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I have to wonder if this move will keep him committed to OSU. Will he get down there and fall in love with florida? IMG is a pipeline to the three major florida schools, so there is a good chance that they'll be trying to steal him if he is what everyone says.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Didn't Jackson have a kid who went to IMG a couple of years ago? How did that work out? Where did he end up?

Return to “Football”