OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community Sch

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: OSU 2016 Recruit Tyler Gerald from Sciotoville Community

Post by wobycat »

buckeyes911 wrote:
wobycat wrote:What?
This kid is living a Dream and Adults are trying to say he's not worthy of it...something about that bothers me but who am I. Good Luck to him From Portsmouth Ohio!!!
I don't think anyone is saying that. He is a high d1 prospect. Not a d1 player. I hope he does very well, not jealous at all. I could care less if he stays or tries to go to the academy. He probably would benefit by going against similar competition. Just because someone thinks that he wasn't impressed doesn't mean he won't be great. It's just an opinion.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

He doesn't live in Burg, He will get a full Scholarship if he decides to go to the Academy . The Freshman at East is still there until further notice and hopefully he gets the same opportunity!!! Right from lil ol East :122245 :122245 :122245 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

And everyone is talking about the size of East, I bet the division 7 Marion Local would win the division 4,5,6 &7 state title!!! Better ask someone...The kids make programs ,great coaching wins games!!! I say lets build a powerhouse Scholarships around here so we can start competing against these Catholic & private schools in the playoffs year in & out!!!! So everyone Start sending your kids to East if they're any count and lets get the ball rolling.

WU Coach
Waterboy

Post by WU Coach »

Choosing to IMG is a great decision! He will get first class coaching, first class facilities, and play against much tougher competition every day which will only help him develop. He will also get college prep classes and prepare himself for a successful college career. We all hate to see a local kid leave the area but it would be worse if he went to OSU and was a bust due to not being prepared to play that level of competition. IMG will be a great stepping stone. As a Buckeye fan, I look forward to seeing his development and lining up for the Scarlet and Gray.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

That's great for the local kid. Hopefully IMG can accelerate his growth and he comes into OSU better than he would have at East.

I heard he may be enrolling as soon as January? I've never heard of that happening before, so I'm assuming they meant enrolling at OSU in January '16, not enrolling at IMG in January '15.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Just heard he is already back and will not be going to IMG.
I hope that is not the case. The change would be good in a number of ways. This is a chance of a lifetime.
I will wait to see if someone can confirm publicly.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I don't think it's because he is good enough. It's size. I mean look at Gerald Cadogan. In high school he wasn't all that impressive. I played against him and if he was as good at football as he was running his mouth he would have been great. College's recruit size and speed. The rest of it can be taught. I hope this kid does well at the next level.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

There are plenty of big guys that never get offers from Ohio state as a junior in highschool. My guess is he must have looked very impressive at the bucks camp against other top recruits. He wasn't offered by watching any game tape from his highschool games. If he stayes in this area he should play elsewhere his senior year.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

As a fan of Ohio ball I am glad he is or looks to be staying here.

His development would have been a further along if he had gone.

Either way I hope he gets the best from his talent and enjoys the ride he is on.

blue boy
Waterboy

Post by blue boy »

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

baitbuster wrote:Yes from what I understand he has verballed but still only a Junior , not sure but can't OSU pull the offer since he hasn't/can't sign yet? I just think getting into a much bigger and better program will be good for him. By the way is there not a freshman team mate of his on the Buckeye watch list? Wonder if they will both be going?
There is a huge difference between Tyler and the freshman. Gerald is very athletic for his size. Watched the basketball previews the other night was impressed with Gerald he moves very well for his size. The freshman is very slow.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

A little interesting that he did not make the all-Ohio, all-district or even all-soc team, but Basham did. I wonder if there is a little resentment there because he is leaving to go to IMG?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:A little interesting that he did not make the all-Ohio, all-district or even all-soc team, but Basham did. I wonder if there is a little resentment there because he is leaving to go to IMG?
Did he even play in any of the conference games?

littlestalder
Waterboy

Post by littlestalder »

Maybe the fact Gerald missed several games from an injured hand is the reason he didn't receive any of those awards. I think Basham earned what recognition he received. Maybe is you had watched a few games you would know a little more about these 2 young men

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

tartanfan87 wrote:Maybe is you had watched a few games you would know a little more about these 2 young men
Sorry.....I was busy watching the Burg games. :roll: I knew he had an injury, but I didn't know how many games he missed.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I know that a panel of sports writers and media people gets to choose who is on the team, but who is on the panel? If you had a group of coaches decide what team should be ranked where, and who should be on the All Ohio team, I wonder if it would be any different. Sort of like the All Madden team for the pros.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

He's not going to IMG until next school year, according to the article I read on an Ohio State football website. With that being the case I would assume he will be at East for the entire school year. He missed probably half of the season so that is why he didn't appear on any all-state/all-district/all conference teams.

[quote="dirt_cinders"]Just heard he is already back and will not be going to IMG.
I hope that is not the case. The change would be good in a number of ways. This is a chance of a lifetime.
I will wait to see if someone can confirm publicly.[/quote]

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

If the young man is looking for a spot to play be nice to see the big guy head to Jackson, the Ironmen O-line coach is a former D1 player and excellent teacher of fundamentals and technique.

The Ironmen are a heavy oriented run team, be a nice fit, he would get featured a lot in our style of play.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Will rename it St Jackson when these schools are dressing 100 kids to your 40 and d7 school with less than 111 boys dress almost 100 your gonna have to level the field you self. We have great facilities and best equipment and great coaching staff and exposure and a great program with tradition not our fault if kids come here is how you say it I think.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Little online recruiting going on............

Return to “Football”