Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Rufus
JV Team

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by Rufus »

Why? Who would leave? Better yet, where would they go?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ultron wrote:The community that loses the most is Logan. Seems like Logan will not have a home for a while. A program that is on the rise, will be affect because of its history. I just hope that Jackson and Logan can continue playing every year. Forget the others, but that game always needs to be played.

It may take a decade for Logan to find a home, not because of their "tradition" but because the MSL and OCC don't want to travel to Hocking County on a Tuesday night in January.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

A 3 division set-up like the one I have laid out below would have been perfect in my opinion. All the divisions are made-up of schools that are equal in size. The league travel would have been very manageable. Although one school would have to crossover, the Hocking division could stay at an even 8 teams. Vinton County and especially Athens would be playing against schools their OWN SIZE. I did leave Logan out of this scenario. Logan is growing while southeastern Ohio is shrinking, and I still think at their size that they should eventually be playing in the MSL. Of course I'm sure none of this could ever happen. We are discussing southeastern Ohio where competition is delightfully frowned upon.

Jackson
Athens
Vinton County
Warren
Gallia Academy
Point Pleasant, WV

Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville York
Belpre

Federal Hocking
Trimble
Miller
Waterford
Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
Wahama, WV

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Ultron wrote:The community that loses the most is Logan. Seems like Logan will not have a home for a while. A program that is on the rise, will be affect because of its history. I just hope that Jackson and Logan can continue playing every year. Forget the others, but that game always needs to be played.

It may take a decade for Logan to find a home, not because of their "tradition" but because the MSL and OCC don't want to travel to Hocking County on a Tuesday night in January.
A lot of MSL has a easy trip once they get to 33

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote:

You may be correct but Logan does have a great tradition and that isn't up for debate , as does nelsonville York.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I agree Viking ... Logan and the Buckeyes both have the tradition in the area

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

​Logan plays 4 MSL (Buckeye division) teams in basketball​ this season.. Two of them on week nights in Logan.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

@ Mr. baseball Stud----Belpre and Alex (who might stay where they are) jump to the small from the middle-----VC and Athens go back to to the Middle from the Big. :)

Jackson is to strong in football and Warren is to strong in Boys Basketball to get in. I think Marietta would have a better shot than anybody----and I don't see that happening.

RV and Athens were at athletically low points when they were let in.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I've scribbled around so much I've ruined an entire notebook. Lol if the TVC added both warren and Jackson and went strictly by numbers, the league would look like..

Athens
Jackson
VC
warren
Meigs
Alex

RV
wellston
NY
Belpre
Fed hock
Wahama

Trimble
Waterford
SG
miller
Southern
Eastern

6 teams in each division. I felt the TVC operated best at two divisions of 6. Plenty of room to schedule up or down in non league, plus the last 5 games are locked in for everyone. 3 divisions of 6 would be np different imo. Obviously some teams would be put in position to play better, but we will see if they are up to that challenge. Worst case scenario is this format, or one similar, doesn't work out for a handful of teams over the next 5-10 years and those handful split and create a new league. That's kind of how the TVC got rolling anyways. A couple of cast offs met up with a couple other schools and created their own league...I'd like to see expansion happen and see how it turns out. Change could be good. Don't let what happened to the SEOAL scare you. We're not talking about adding 3+ hour drives to the league. Its a completely different set of circumstances.

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

Obama got a job by advocating how we needed "Change".......that has worked out really well so far. :lol:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

EVERYBODY knows that Wellston "cut and ran" from the SEOAL years ago. Why does anyone think they would vote tolet them in their league? Yes they play nonconference but from what i hear in the drive thru line.....most wellston fans want that game to go away.

Maybe wellston could join that league with Hannan and southern :lol:

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

They will never allow it, because the TVC does not want to be dominated by another SEOAL team. Jackson joins this league, Jackson will win 9 out of ten titles their first decade. The programs in the TVC do not match up with Jackson... on a football stand point.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ultron wrote:They will never allow it, because the TVC does not want to be dominated by another SEOAL team. Jackson joins this league, Jackson will win 9 out of ten titles their first decade. The programs in the TVC do not match up with Jackson... on a football stand point.
Well, the last three years were clearly dominated by Athens.

I think Athens would be supportive of Jackson, Warren and Logan. As I understand it they were last time the TVC met to discuss this issue.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Ultron wrote:They will never allow it, because the TVC does not want to be dominated by another SEOAL team. Jackson joins this league, Jackson will win 9 out of ten titles their first decade. The programs in the TVC do not match up with Jackson... on a football stand point.
Well, the last three years were clearly dominated by Athens.

I think Athens would be supportive of Jackson, Warren and Logan. As I understand it they were last time the TVC met to discuss this issue.
If Athens wanted those teams in they would have gone back to the SEOAL when approached about it last year. However, if they have changed their minds perhaps those 4 can form their own league? We don't want those three in our league running it into the ground like they did their own league. Plus Warren jumped ship on the TVC once, so no thanks to them.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

...and how does that make Jackson look good. I would think they would be the laughingstock around Ohio for joining a league of smaller schools. Plus, what about the whole argument of scheduling heavy so you are "battletested" for the playoffs. Playing a bunch of schools smaller than you DOES NOT, according to many posters on SEOPS, prep you for the playoffs.

More Hypocrisy! I LOVE IT!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

PitStop Billy wrote:

...and how does that make Jackson look good. I would think they would be the laughingstock around Ohio for joining a league of smaller schools. Plus, what about the whole argument of scheduling heavy so you are "battletested" for the playoffs. Playing a bunch of schools smaller than you DOES NOT, according to many posters on SEOPS, prep you for the playoffs.

More Hypocrisy! I LOVE IT!
Good point. Hmmmmm, Jackson does the cut-n-run to a league with smaller schools. Haven't they been ripping Athens for that for a few years now? I like that approach.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Wellston Ironman wrote:EVERYBODY knows that Wellston "cut and ran" from the SEOAL years ago. Why does anyone think they would vote tolet them in their league? Yes they play nonconference but from what i hear in the drive thru line.....most wellston fans want that game to go away.

Maybe wellston could join that league with Hannan and southern :lol:
Soooo, now Jackson wants to do the cut-n-run to the same league Wellston is in? Good stuff.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Jackson officials are in a bit of panic. No need to be. They have a lot of attractive qualities to be accepted in a good conference. Be patient, don't go to the TVC just to be in a league that you really don't want to be in.

Jackson. Logan, Warren could hire a person to help find quality schools to consider joining them. I think I know of a retired AD that would be the perfect fit for the job. He knows school administrators from all over southern Ohio.

Give it a chance, then if it fails, go independent until the 'right' conference extends a invite.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:Jackson officials are in a bit of panic. No need to be. They have a lot of attractive qualities to be accepted in a good conference. Be patient, don't go to the TVC just to be in a league that you really don't want to be in.

Jackson. Logan, Warren could hire a person to help find quality schools to consider joining them. I think I know of a retired AD that would be the perfect fit for the job. He knows school administrators from all over southern Ohio.

Give it a chance, then if it fails, go independent until the 'right' conference extends a invite.

Well said

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

javagt wrote:Jackson officials are in a bit of panic. No need to be. They have a lot of attractive qualities to be accepted in a good conference. Be patient, don't go to the TVC just to be in a league that you really don't want to be in.

Yes do that. I hope javagt is an administrator or BOE member at Jackson. What you wrote makes sense, and I am sure the most accurate part of your post is that Jackson does not really want to be in the TVC. So why keep applying? Why not just withdraw your app and save everyone a lot of trouble? See what you can do about that javagt please?

Return to “Football”