Athens three year run

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: Athens three year run

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:If NY beats Athens groundbuck, then so be it. But I for one would just like to see a great rivalry, great games, year in and year out. (like we had 2009, 2010 & 2011). It's good for everyone when that occurs, the area, the teams and the TVC.
I hear you bullpup, and I like that game 10 decides a championship between the two. But this ain't gonna happen if the outsiders get their way. They are proposing a plan that could eliminate this rivalry.
No, actually the plan would continue to allow rivalry games like Athens and NY to continue as there would be ample opportunity to play cross-divisional opponents or other non-league match-ups that have been traditional to each school.
So your are making the plans for the TVC now? Are you the new commissioner? I think the league is fine the way it is. No need for a change at this time, and no need to listen to people from schools that are not even in the league on how to organize it, or run it.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Wizard wrote:Having winning seasons the past 5 or 6 years does not classify you as having a winning program. Lets see how the dogs look the next couple of years.
That is exactly what classifies a Winning Program!
Having 1 Strong Season doesn't, but putting Several together is exactly what classifies as a winning program...

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

93Bulldog wrote:I was sent these today - pretty impressive numbers.

OHSAA Football - Most Points, Season

1. 861 The Plains - Athens (2014)
2. 822 Clarksville Clinton-Massie (2012)
3. 731 Marion Pleasant (2001)
4. 714 Delphos St. John's (1999)
5. 713 St. Clairsville (2012)
6. 707 The Plains - Athens (2013)
7. 704 Lebanon (1998)
8. 686 Gahanna Columbus Academy (2003)
9. 666 Toledo Waite (1921)
10. 650 Coldwater (2007)
11. 647 The Plains - Athens (2012)

OHSAA FOOTBALL SCORING AVERAGE PER GAME, SEASON
1 74.5 Fostoria (1912)
2 66.8 Dayton Steel (1920)
3 63.7 Newark Catholic (1968)
4 60.6 Miami Trace (1977)
5 60.5 Toledo Waite (1921)
6 57.4 The Plains - Athens (2014)
7 56.4 Covington (1960)
8 55.8 Delphos St. John's (1998)
9 54.8 Clarksville Clinton-Massie (2012)
10 54.4 The Plains - Athens (2013)
11 52.7 Upper Arlington (1968)

Athens Football Team Offensive Stats 2012-2014

------ TD - Pts - Pass Yds - Rush Yds - Total Yds
2014 - 125 - 861 - 4717 - 3601 - 8318
2013 - 103 - 707 - 3981 - 2870 - 6851
2012 - 94 - 647 - 3239 - 3057 - 6296

------ 322 - 2,215 - 11,937 - 9,528 - 21,465

Just goes to show how good that DUCK and RUN offense really is....... The posters on here from the SEOAL all say you wouldnt have even been league champions if you were still in their league. :lol: :roll:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Just an early prediction for 2015 the bullpuppies will go at least 7-3 and again rule the TVC Ohio and will for many years to come! Also the bullpuppies will continue to fill there Trophy case with hardware from all other sports also for years to come!

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Ground Buck wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:If NY beats Athens groundbuck, then so be it. But I for one would just like to see a great rivalry, great games, year in and year out. (like we had 2009, 2010 & 2011). It's good for everyone when that occurs, the area, the teams and the TVC.
I hear you bullpup, and I like that game 10 decides a championship between the two. But this ain't gonna happen if the outsiders get their way. They are proposing a plan that could eliminate this rivalry.

Word on the street (and in the drive thru) is that the admin at NY and even the coaching staff support the idea of getting away from Athens. Just sayin.......

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens and Nelsonville-York have been playing each other for more than 30 years. Just sayin.......

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

From time to time Green Beagle posts on here and I do not think he is a " S.E.O.A.L" guy. I believe most people who are involved with and follow S.E.O.A.L teams acknowledge that Athens would have won the S.E.O.A.L this year. The Bulldog's numbers will remain up because kids want to be part of a winning program. Now that being said, I think most people would also acknowledge that the talent level on this years Athens team will be difficult to match in the years to come. Does that mean it will drastically drop off? No they will remain the team to beat in the TVC Ohio.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens and Nelsonville-York have been playing each other for more than 30 years. Just sayin.......
Was told this game will not continue if the league splits. Just sayin...

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Charles Farquar wrote:From time to time Green Beagle posts on here and I do not think he is a " S.E.O.A.L" guy. I believe most people who are involved with and follow S.E.O.A.L teams acknowledge that Athens would have won the S.E.O.A.L this year. The Bulldog's numbers will remain up because kids want to be part of a winning program. Now that being said, I think most people would also acknowledge that the talent level on this years Athens team will be difficult to match in the years to come. Does that mean it will drastically drop off? No they will remain the team to beat in the TVC Ohio.
NY will win the Ohio next two years at least.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:Come back to Earth, meaning they probably won't be playing in the state championship anytime soon. But I think the days of 0-10, 1-9 or 2-8 are over for Athens.

Those days are over for Athens. They will average 7 wins a year for the next few years....

I promise you this! Davey will be putting that trophy back in the closet in his office next year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Rivalries spark interest, draw crowds, and motivate the kids!

I don'twant to see the day NY and Athens don't play each other...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think Athens has had a great run. It has been really exciting to watch them play. I am very thankful for all the positive attention they have brought to Athens county and Southeastern Ohio.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote:I promise you this! Davey will be putting that trophy back in the closet in his office next year.
IDK O & B ... the game is at SCOTT RIGGS ... still have Zacchia Saltzmen, Heath Wiseman, Colby Rogers, McGuiness Davies, Trey Keifer, Hunter Mullins, Andy Kostival - and this freshmen QB, Albin - can sling it around.

The Bucks may win, they will be talented for sure, but don't go 'booking it' just yet.

:mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I got news for you bulldog and O&B ...VC is going to pick up where Athens left off. :)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote:I got news for you bulldog and O&B ...VC is going to pick up where Athens left off. :)
LOOKOUT!

The vikings are poised for a magical season! They have been redshirting kids and hiding them from everyone.
lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Dundas wrote:I got news for you bulldog and O&B ...VC is going to pick up where Athens left off. :)
LOOKOUT!

The vikings are poised for a magical season! They have been redshirting kids and hiding them from everyone.
lol
Nelsonville redshirted their best players because of Burrow

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
LOOKOUT!

lol
Nelsonville redshirted their best players because of Burrow
I didn't know the greyhounds were fielding a team these days..........

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The bullpuppies are going to build a special TVC Trophy room for all the hardware they will win in all sports in the TVC which they will forever dominate!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

moonshine wrote:The bullpuppies are going to build a special TVC Trophy room for all the hardware they will win in all sports in the TVC which they will forever dominate!
Somebody is jealous

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

G.W.A. wrote:
moonshine wrote:The bullpuppies are going to build a special TVC Trophy room for all the hardware they will win in all sports in the TVC which they will forever dominate!
Somebody is jealous
Fact are fact they have won almost all sport championships since joining the TVC Ohio!

Return to “Football”