Muddy Fields

mattash
Site Admin

Muddy Fields

Post by mattash »

What game has the most potential for the muddiest field this week?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Muddy Fields

Post by mattash »

Always fun games to watch

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Waverly and Zane Trace both used to have fields that would get torn up pretty early due to nonstop games on those fields. Neither one will like that now due to having turf.

If the tropical storm rains come through, McClain at Unioto could be a mess. Both teams rely mainly on the run, so that could potentially tear up the field in Frenchtown.

Vikings1
Riding the Bench

Post by Vikings1 »

2 Fields I thought of is East and symmes valley. East is away but should be fun out symmes creek.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I think Adena's field was sloppy last year.

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is Gallia Academy at home? If so...they might win this contest

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Green if they are home

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Wellston is away but that field would be a slop pen

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bobby Lee Tucker
Waterboy

Post by Bobby Lee Tucker »

I'll weedeat any of them if someone needs it

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm Is Gallia Academy at home? If so...they might win this contest
They are at River Valley this week. However, it could be equally as bad there. Memorial Field hasn't been played on yet (unless JR High has played) so it would still have grass between the hashes.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Huntingtons field and rain is a terrible combination. I remember a few years back it rained almost every Friday night and there wasn't a blade of grass left on that field it was a pig pen. Players couldn't move hardly because their feet would sink so far in the mud.
Last edited by HighLightReel on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The worst field I ever saw for mud and water was Waverly's. Kinda entertaining to watch at times. :) But I definitely prefer our new turf field over the past.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:41 pm Waverly and Zane Trace both used to have fields that would get torn up pretty early due to nonstop games on those fields. Neither one will like that now due to having turf.

If the tropical storm rains come through, McClain at Unioto could be a mess. Both teams rely mainly on the run, so that could potentially tear up the field in Frenchtown.
when did ZT get turf?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:41 pm Waverly and Zane Trace both used to have fields that would get torn up pretty early due to nonstop games on those fields. Neither one will like that now due to having turf.

when did ZT get turf?
This year. Saturday will be the first varsity football game that will be played on it.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:11 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 pm

when did ZT get turf?
This year. Saturday will be the first varsity football game that will be played on it.
that's awesome

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Vikings1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:45 pm 2 Fields I thought of is East and symmes valley. East is away but should be fun out symmes creek.
I believe East has all new sod installed. Should help a bit this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I WAS TOLD ON FACEBOOK THE IRONTON/RUSSELL GAME WAS MOVED TO SATURDAY NIGHT AT IRONTON.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How out South Gallia? Still thinking of going there tonight.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:20 am
Vikings1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:45 pm 2 Fields I thought of is East and symmes valley. East is away but should be fun out symmes creek.
I believe East has all new sod installed. Should help a bit this year.
Did the sod get setup in time,? heard it got put down pretty late in the summer and not early spring like it should've been. Talked with several people who were concerned about whether it'd get setup in time to be safe for the kids.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm Is Gallia Academy at home? If so...they might win this contest
They are at River Valley this week. However, it could be equally as bad there. Memorial Field hasn't been played on yet (unless JR High has played) so it would still have grass between the hashes.
jv and junior high has played there

Return to “Football”