THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what has happened to my fighting tigers.thanks henry for the scores. I was home watching college football, and didn't know any until this morning.a much better showing this week by the ovc.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Chesapeake 2-0
Rock Hill 1-1
South Point 1-1
Portsmouth 1-1
Fairland 0-2
Ironton 0-2
Coal Grove 0-2

All three at the bottom had a very tough 2 games and are already in a must win out mentality for playoffs. You cant count on 7-3 to get you into playoffs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh man, is ole bait a dreaming. somebody pinch me.week 3 in the ovc looks like.
Chesapeake @ symmes valley
fairland @tolsia
south point hosts boyd co. ky.
ironton hosts beechwood, ky.
coal grove hosts Portsmouth west.
rock hill travels to oak hill
Portsmouth hosts wheelersburg

and outside the ovc- symmes valley hosts Chesapeake.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Chesapeake (2-0) @ Symmes Valley(1-1): Symmes Valley has a lot of seniors, and Chesapeake has a lot of speed. The Vikings always play the Panthers tough, especially at home, but Chesapeake has a lot of weapons on offense this year, a very stingy defense, and pretty good special teams. The Vikings will need to force some turnovers, and turn them into points to win this one; otherwise, the Peake will roll.

Fairland (0-2) @ Tolsia(2-0): Tolsia (ranked #7 in West Virginia-AA) is tough and has a very good offense-they scored 49 against Wayne, WV. Fairland is young, but improving. This will be a long trip WOW (Way Out Wayne) down US 52 to for the Dragons.

Boyd County, KY (1-1) @ South Point (1-1): South Point faced a tough Minford team and then Rock Creek, Indiana in that program’s first game ever. Boyd County is a large school, but not known as a football school. It would be nice to see an OVC team beat a Kentucky team, so it’s a toss-up for me.

Beechwood, KY (2-0) @ Ironton (0-2): Who knows? All I know is that whatever the outcome, the game-thread for this one will dominate the SEOPS Forum for days.

Portsmouth West (0-2) @ Coal Grove (0-2): If Coal Grove gets a lead then they should win. West only scored twice against Portsmouth. I look for the cannon to fire often in Coal Grove this Friday.

Rock Hill (1-1) @ Oak Hill (0-2): The Redmen don’t have many players but they are a tough bunch. I look for Rock Hill to be more physical than the young Oaks, and come out with a low scoring win.

Wheelersburg (2-0) at Portsmouth (1-1): This will be an interesting matchup because it could be an indicator for how both the SOC and the OVC could turn out. If it is a close game, then it would seem Valley will cruise to another SOC title, and the Ironton/Portsmouth game could be for the OVC title. If it is a blowout, then the Burg/Valley game could be fun. Either way, I look for a Wheelersburg win.

Bottom Line: Three or more wins this week for the OVC teams will be a good week.

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

I'm predicting 3 wins for the OVC this week. Chesapeake, Coal Grove, and Rock Hill. Good luck to all OVC teams!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:Chesapeake (2-0) @ Symmes Valley(1-1): Symmes Valley has a lot of seniors, and Chesapeake has a lot of speed. The Vikings always play the Panthers tough, especially at home, but Chesapeake has a lot of weapons on offense this year, a very stingy defense, and pretty good special teams. The Vikings will need to force some turnovers, and turn them into points to win this one; otherwise, the Peake will roll.

Fairland (0-2) @ Tolsia(2-0): Tolsia (ranked #7 in West Virginia-AA) is tough and has a very good offense-they scored 49 against Wayne, WV. Fairland is young, but improving. This will be a long trip WOW (Way Out Wayne) down US 52 to for the Dragons.

Boyd County, KY (1-1) @ South Point (1-1): South Point faced a tough Minford team and then Rock Creek, Indiana in that program’s first game ever. Boyd County is a large school, but not known as a football school. It would be nice to see an OVC team beat a Kentucky team, so it’s a toss-up for me.

Beechwood, KY (2-0) @ Ironton (0-2): Who knows? All I know is that whatever the outcome, the game-thread for this one will dominate the SEOPS Forum for days.

Portsmouth West (0-2) @ Coal Grove (0-2): If Coal Grove gets a lead then they should win. West only scored twice against Portsmouth. I look for the cannon to fire often in Coal Grove this Friday.

Rock Hill (1-1) @ Oak Hill (0-2): The Redmen don’t have many players but they are a tough bunch. I look for Rock Hill to be more physical than the young Oaks, and come out with a low scoring win.

Wheelersburg (2-0) at Portsmouth (1-1): This will be an interesting matchup because it could be an indicator for how both the SOC and the OVC could turn out. If it is a close game, then it would seem Valley will cruise to another SOC title, and the Ironton/Portsmouth game could be for the OVC title. If it is a blowout, then the Burg/Valley game could be fun. Either way, I look for a Wheelersburg win.

Bottom Line: Three or more wins this week for the OVC teams will be a good week.
great post and thanks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OVC TEAMS IN ACTION TONIGHT THIS SEPTEMBER 11TH- 2015
AND NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED THIS DAY 14 YEARS AGO.GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

OVC Results 9/12/15

Portsmouth West 8
Coal Grove 6

Rock Hill 17
Oak Hill 14

Chesapeake 25
Symmes Valley 14

Tolsia, WV 44
Fairland 6

Beechwood, KY 35
Ironton 19

Boyd Co, KY 22
South Point 7

Wheelersburg 42
Portsmouth 0

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Chesapeake is looking strong this year. I hate to say it but they are the front runners for the league this year. Ironton and Coal Grove cannot catch a break(especially Coal Grove: if you were at the game tonight you would know what I'm talking about)

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Looks like the OVC lost 5 games this week.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Andy Clark has the Peakers hitting on all 8 right now they look to be the cream of the crop in the new OVC!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Too many over confident Ironton fans, voting for them to win the OVC. This could turn out to be their worst season in 35 years.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The only really surprise was the Grove getting beat. By the way Beachwood had two long kick off returns call back for holding. I have never see a holding call on a kick off. Seen plenty of clips and personal fouls. I do think Ironton look better tonight. Better play calling and mix it up but the B-tigers were just too fast and too good.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans make it threw the first three at 1-2 , Honestly I had them at 0-3 heading into week 4, Burg is that good Im guessing, Burg Valley should be an awesome game. Trojans look to get back in the win column next Friday @ Fairland!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:OVC Results 9/12/15

Portsmouth West 8
Coal Grove 6

Rock Hill 17
Oak Hill 14

Chesapeake 25
Symmes Valley 14

Tolsia, WV 44
Fairland 6

Beechwood, KY 35
Ironton 19

Boyd Co, KY 22
South Point 7

Wheelersburg 42
Portsmouth 0
thanks henry.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

man the ovc is taking it on the chin. and so are my fighting tigers.

look at rock hill stepping it up out there with very little depth at 2-1.chesapeake at 3-0.

other than that it hain't good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NEXT WEEK'S OVC ACTION HAS PORTSMOUTH @ FAIRLAND.
CHESAPEAKE AT THE HILL FOR THE OVC LEAD--THE PANTHERS TOP THE OVC AT 3-0--WHILE THE REDMEN ARE 2-1.
SOUTH POINT@ COAL GROVE
IRONTON @ASHLAND

AND FORMER OVC BROTHERS SYMMES VALLEY THEY TRAVEL TO OAK HILL.

SOMEBODY SMARTER THAN ME TELL ME HOW YOU THINK THINGS GO HERE.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A SAFE WEEK.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

I guarantee that OVC teams will have at least three wins in Week 4. MARK IT DOWN

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

I have an honest and sincere question for the Ironton football historians on the board;
when is the last time the Tigers started the season 0-3?

In my lifetime (born in 1987) it is a rare occurrence that the Tigers have lost more than 3-4 games in a season.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dragonsfan24 wrote:I have an honest and sincere question for the Ironton football historians on the board;
when is the last time the Tigers started the season 0-3?

In my lifetime (born in 1987) it is a rare occurrence that the Tigers have lost more than 3-4 games in a season.
I think I read on a different thread it was 1968.

Return to “Football”