THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

cghs82
JV Team

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:do any of you blue devil fans out there have a schedule for next year yet, as you enter the ovc as well. any openings or are ya'll full up.glad to be back into action with the devils in the French city again.good luck to you in your final year in the seoal. hard to believe I just said that. I was spoiled by the seoal of the 70's I guess.
I know from looking at another topic, they need a Week 2 game and are trying to get newly County rival and former OVC member River Valley, who is trying to get out of a Week 2 game with Southeastern.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:do any of you blue devil fans out there have a schedule for next year yet, as you enter the ovc as well. any openings or are ya'll full up.glad to be back into action with the devils in the French city again.good luck to you in your final year in the seoal. hard to believe I just said that. I was spoiled by the seoal of the 70's I guess.
I know from looking at another topic, they need a Week 2 game and are trying to get newly County rival and former OVC member River Valley, who is trying to get out of a Week 2 game with Southeastern.
This is what I found from Eaglefan on another topic:

Gallia Academy 2015
08/28 A Meigs
09/04 N Open
09/11 A Washington CH
09/18 H Marietta
09/25 H Point Pleasant
10/02 H Athens
10/09 A Minford
10/16 H Vincent Warren
10/23 H Logan
10/30 A Jackson

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

It is nice to see a local flavor to the Trojans slate in 2015. Still have the five with the four SOC teams and Ironton, Not a bad deal in the 4 dollar a gallon era

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's this year bucks. just curious what their 2016 looks like.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LetsGoPSU wrote:It is nice to see a local flavor to the Trojans slate in 2015. Still have the five with the four SOC teams and Ironton, Not a bad deal in the 4 dollar a gallon era

absolutely n I agree. same with ironton.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:that's this year bucks. just curious what their 2016 looks like.
My bad, this is what is on OHSAA's site for next year.

Date Time Opponent Location / Result
9/3/2016 7:30 PM RIVER VALLEY MEMORIAL FIELD
9/16/2016 7:00 PM @ MARIETTA DON DRUMM STADIUM
10/7/2016 7:30 PM MINFORD MEMORIAL FIELD

My guess is that since both Gallia and Minford appear to have openings in Week 2 on their schedules, they will have to move their Week 7 context to Week 2 in order for Gallia to be able to compete in their OVC conference schedule without conflict. As for their conference schedule, you should be able to at least know which team is played each week, assuming the OVC doesn't rearrange conference scheduling, using this year's conference schedule by looking when an OVC teams doesn't play a conference game during conference play such as Ironton in Week 4 and Portsmouth in Week 10.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BUCKS IS THAT ALL THEY HAVE SCHEDULED AT THIS POINT.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:I expected no less from coach Brian Kidd, great coach good man. OVC could easily be stronger this year than the SOC. If Coal Grove keeps working and Portsmouth comes out strong. Burg is unproven and neither is valley or minford. It's been a long time since Waverly has shown anything. Rock Hill has a new coach in the system who should help to steady up the program. They have a good coach, I just believe they need a couple of good wins to get some wind in their sails and they might actually come to life. They have had good football out there in the not too distant past. Every team in the OVC has been in the playoffs at least a couple of times in the past 15 years. Can't say that about most conferences. It should get pretty exciting real quick!!
Burg unproven? OK. Every year it's the same crap. We all have seen what Burg has done over the years. OVC>SOC? What? How is that even a solid opinion? Fairland was your last decent team to make the playoffs and lost in week 11 to who? BURG. I don't see Valley doing much this year but could still beat 3/4 of the OVC. Minford was young and injury plagued last year. So I see them winning a few more ball games. And if West can continue on the path they are on,.they will also be in the playoffs along with Burg and Valley and maybe even Minford. OVC will have Ironton*. That is if some of the other OVC teams can win out of conference. Portsmouth and Gallia are gonna be the ones who help the conference. That is once Ptown gets a coach for all that talent. Who knows, this could be the year that starts it. The validity of your statement is suspect at best. Thanks and have a great day :)

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:BUCKS IS THAT ALL THEY HAVE SCHEDULED AT THIS POINT.
That's all that's listed at this point, but unless they drop Minford, they should have their full schedule for next year. Like I said before, this year's conference schedule will Probably determine which team Gallia plays each week in conference play, assuming conference scheduling doesn't get rearranged.

This is what their conference schedule should look like next year, it's unknown where the games are played at this point until the official conference schedule is announced.
Week 4: Ironton
Week 5: Chesapeake
Week 6: Dawson-Bryant
Week 7: Rock Hill
Week 8: South Point
Week 9: Fairland
Week 10: Portsmouth

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the whole face of the ovc has changed.
these teams should be playing each other.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

will ironton be scrimmaging anybody other than the ovc preview. and are they doing any 7 on 7 camps.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

interesting poll on this topic.at the top.

I'd sure like to start chatting with some posters from other ovc schools. where is everybody.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

thats just to easy for everyone to answer Ironton on that. I think the team that could possibly sneak in would be chesapeake. Alot of starters back plus transfers. One of the fastest if not the fastest kid in the ovc. Wouldnt suprise me

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

I have a feeling it's gonna be a very tough year for my hornets. I hope not, but with losing as many starters as they did, a very tough schedule and the coaching change it doesn't look great. But here's wishing Coach Kidd a very successful 2015 season.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

CG's success will begin and end with the defense. There are a number of athletes back that played on defense last year. Overall maybe one of the quickest teams they have had in a while.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coal grove has a very nice schedule indeed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coaching changes are always hard, especially when coaches like lucas and lutz been there like 40 years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT'S WITH MUCH REGRET THAT I PASS ON THAT AN AWESOME COACH HAS PASSED AWAY FROM A LONG BATTLE WITH CANCER. COACH DAVIS FROM THE CHESAPEAKE PANTHERS. LET'S LIFT THIS FAMILY AND COMMUNITY IN OUR PRAYERS.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I miss my ole schedules I always got at bob linn's sporting goods.
if there is anybody out there that would send ole bait a local schedule. I'd sure appreciate it. even if it's cut out from a newspaper. if so pm me, i'll send you my address. I'd certainly appreciate it. you don't get much Lawrence county coverage here in pike county.

Aye Tiger Bait, I got some of the Lawrence County foldable pocket schedules today. If you're still in need of one I can mail it to you. Just PM me a mailing address.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you brother, I sent you a pm.

Return to “Football”