Semper Fidelis All American Game

LHS 72
S

Re: Semper Fidelis All American Game

Post by LHS 72 »

athens78 wrote:No question he is an Athlete and great talent. However I'd say Tri-Valley and Toledo would be the only real good teams they saw this year. Zanesville way way down, Steubenville not as strong as in past years and yes I know they made the playoffs but smaller school and again not as strong, Granville very average at best and Desales just wasn't their normal self and should have lost to Jackson. Time will only tell how he does at OSU but I do agree he need lots more weight and strength to have a chance to play by his senior year. The other question is how will he hold up. There were many games even with the soft TVC teams after a hit he came up limping but if he gets stronger he'll be fine. Good luck to Mr. Burrow, Mr. Football.

Oh Grant was a good player but didn't play at Indiana and transferred to a Florida school and again not much success than in a 5th or 6th year went to where Kansas State? or Kansas and played but they were down at that point. Grant was also much stronger then Joe at this point.
Akron St Vincent St Mary was also very good!

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

questionmark wrote:Slice it any way you want to but Athens has sent 2 QB's from High School to the Big Ten in the Past 11 years.
Grant Gregory to Indiana in 2004 and Joey Burrow to THE Ohio State in 2015. Quite an Accomplishment for a Small School down in SEO.

Gregory also played for USF and started for Kansas State.
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id ... nt-gregory

Burrow will be behind some stout competition, but if you know anything about him he will compete and push for that spot.
http://247sports.com/Article/Semper-Fid ... s-34460188
And what is it that both of those young men have in common?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Prince of Darkness wrote:And what is it that both of those young men have in common?
-Both Are/Will be AHS Alum...
-Both Earned a full-ride scholarship to a Big Ten College out of High School...
-Both Lead Strong Offensives to some Gaudy Numbers...
-Both Stood Over 6'2''
-Both Played Football/Basketball while in High School...
-Both Earned the Right to play in a High School Bowl Game (Big 33/Semper Fidelis)
-Both Were All-State QB's
-Both Had a Running-Back who Attended/Will Attend Ohio University (Hewitt/Williams)
-Both Had a Wide Receiver who stood 6'4'' (Mingus/Luehrman Twins)
-Both Had Brothers who also Played College Football (T.Gregory-OU/Burrow Bros.-Nebraska)
-Both Had the same Coaching Staff from Freshman-Senior Year
-Both Played for a Head Coach who played for Ohio University (Champlin/Adams)
-Both Wore a Double-Digit Number (Gregory #12/Burrow #10)
-Both Excelled a another Sport Other than Football (Gregory-Baseball/Burrow-Basketball)
-Both Have Thrown a Touchdown/Get an Interception in the Same Game.
-Both Have Thrown a Touchdown/Rushed for a Touchdown in the Same Game.
-Both Have Thrown Multiple Touchdowns in the Same Game.
-Both Have Rushed for Multiple Touchdowns in the Same Game.
-Both Have Played a Game at Ohio Stadium.

-Both Have Fathers who love the Game of Football and Have Coached at Ohio University. I know this was the ONE you were looking for!
Get Over IT!
Last edited by questionmark on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

questionmark wrote:
Prince of Darkness wrote:And what is it that both of those young men have in common?
-Both Are/Will be AHS Alum...
-Both Earned a full-ride scholarship to a Big Ten College out of High School...
-Both Lead Strong Offensives to some Gaudy Numbers...
-Both Stood Over 6'2''
-Both Played Football/Basketball while in High School...
-Both Earned the Right to play in a High School Bowl Game (Big 33/Semper Fidelis)
-Both Were All-State QB's
-Both Had a Running-Back who Attended/Will Attend Ohio University (Hewitt/Williams)
-Both Had a Wide Reciever who stood 6'4'' (Mingus/Luehrman Twins)
-Both Had Brothers who also Played College Football (T.Gregory-OU/Burrow Bros.-Nebraska)
-Both Had the same Coaching Staff from Freshman-Senior Year
-Both Played for a Head Coach who played for Ohio University (Champlin/Adams)
-Both Wore a Number in the Teens (Gregory #12/Burrow #10)
-Both Excelled a another Sport Other than Football (Gregory-Baseball/Burrow-Basketball)
-Both Have Thrown a Touchdown/Get an Interception in the Same Game.
-Both Have Thrown a Touchdown/Rushed for a Touchdown in the Same Game.
-Both Have Thrown Multiple Touchdowns in the Same Game.
-Both Have Rushed for Multiple Touchdowns in the Same Game.
-Both Have Played a Game at Ohio Stadium.

-Both Have Fathers who love the Game of Football and Have Coached at Ohio University. I know this was the ONE you were looking for!
Get Over IT!
-Both Wore a Number in the Teens (Gregory #12/Burrow #10)? should it say both wore a number.and i before e except after c (receiver)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know why everyone insists Joe 'needs' to put on a lot more weight. He is bigger now than a lot of college QB's, even pro signal callers. The kid is only 18 and is 6-foot-4 200lbs ... Marcus Mariota, the Heisman trophy winner, is 6-foot-4 215lbs.

I imagine Joe will be every bit of that by the end of his freshmen year.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Joe is Fine...he will fit in nicely at Ohio State.
Summer workouts will prep him...

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

There is a reason Ohio State is considered one of the top college programs in the nation. When you have multiple blue chip football players battling for the same position, the outcome can only be positive for all involved. Not only does Ohio State have a stable of quality quarterbacks already on the team but continue to recruit big time players such as Danny Clark ,a 2017 commit ! I have the utmost respect for Joe Burrow for taking on this challenge ! Good Luck and look forward to seeing Joe have a successful college experience. Next Man Up !

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I wish the jealousy on this site would end , just Because He went to Athens means nothing, the Boy is good, He's earned everything He's gotten , no matter Who His Father coaches for. I wish SEO could behind a Kid from the sticks , I know I'll be there to cheer Him on at the next Level

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Ultron wrote:Rumor has it that Torrence Gibson is making an visit to LSU this week. If he de-commits and go to LSU I think it will be a matter of time before we Burrows. After redshirting and waiting his turn, he will be a stud. I mean JT will be a sophomore, so Burrows redshirt Junior year I look for him to start. Also, Please don't lump all LOGAN posters together. Anyone that knows football will agree Joe Burrows is the best QB SEO has seen.
Gibson and all high profile commits and recruit's will continue to make visits. From some info that moon (moon is close friends with a couple of players on the 1968 National Championship team) gave me OSU is still recruiting all position and yes even QB's

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Kicking in this game was bad, as was the QB play for the West.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

I'd say after a redshirt and time in the weight room with Marrotti Joe should put on some weight. Take a look at Darron Lee, Ezekiel Elliot and Jalin Marshall that came in and blew up after a year at OSU. Will also give him time to adjust to bigger, faster, better players in practice and a ton of film time to study. If Joe comes in ready to work and learn I think he will be just fine. Everyone must remember Kenny Guiton came in undersized, unheard of and didn't have a strong arm but he played smart and efficient and a game manager not a playmaker like Braxton Miller. Kid should do well at OSU next year and seasons to come.

Return to “Football”