2015 Logan @ Athens

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2015 Logan @ Athens

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree question. Both have good times ahead. Hope mistakes and injury's hold at bay. Seen some work that needs to be done by both. But. man, they both really represent class and talent for south eastern/south central Ohio. Both are fabulous in different ways, both need a little tuning but they got it. It'll come. Proud of both but glad my Chiefs proved you don't mess!!!!! Going to be a big task taking down Jackson and Desales, But the way this team is looking, we will be hard to stop. YOU GO BIG CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote:The good news is that Parking won't be a hassle at Athens for the rest of the year lol
That's an idiotic remark. Athens will pack the stands every week they are at home, they are going to win a lot of games this year.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

I think Athens is a 8-2 or 9-1 ball club. Their offense is dynamic

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Logan was bigger and more physical . The Logan QB is a real nice football player . Number 49 is just a man among boys. Logan's offense will be hard to stop . However their defense is rough. I know Athens runs a good offense but the tackling this game as atrocious. Logan will win alot of games this year , but Jackson's defense will be a whole different animal than Athens. Anyways that game is a few weeks away and it will be an absolute heavyweight slobber knocker. Congrats Logan, way to represent the seoal. The tailback #2 for Athens is a dandy and Athens can still put the ball in the end zone.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:Agree question. Both have good times ahead. Hope mistakes and injury's hold at bay. Seen some work that needs to be done by both. But. man, they both really represent class and talent for south eastern/south central Ohio. Both are fabulous in different ways, both need a little tuning but they got it. It'll come. Proud of both but glad my Chiefs proved you don't mess!!!!! Going to be a big task taking down Jackson and Desales, But the way this team is looking, we will be hard to stop. YOU GO BIG CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
Don't know how good Lancaster is this year but they beat DeSales last night.
Same with Westfall...Teays Valley ran over them last night

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

Athens is not "down" as someone posted. They are actually pretty good. Winning just won't be as easy these days without the OU kids and the two giant receivers. Logan and Zanesville will probably be their only losses. Athens will breeze through the TVC schedule. Nelsonville could cause some problems if they have a good downhill running game like Logan. Otherwise, no one in that league comes within two touchdowns of Athens which is expected.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Dang. It feels good waking up on Saturday morning undefeated!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

gochiefs wrote:Dang. It feels good waking up on Saturday morning undefeated!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yes it does! Athens offense really impressed me last night single handedly keeping them in game,only bad thing was the 4 turnovers that took them out of it,Logan only had one on the night.I really expected Logan to dominate on both sides and it didn't happen.Logan offense as expected took care of business against a much smaller Dog defense and the Dog secondary was lacking speed as the Logan receiver's were getting by them all night.Hard to tell if the Logan defense is that bad or Athens offense that good,probably a little of both.Logan has got to figure out how to contain on them ends,it has been a big problem for awhile and needs fixed and of course the same ole bug a boo, poor tackling!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I can tell you most Athens fans are proud of the 'Dogs and pleased with the game last night despite the results.

You lose one possession on the failed onside kick recovery early in the game, turn the ball over FOUR times AND lose your quarterback for the final five minutes - yet score 49 points on a very good Logan team. More importantly though, Athens rushed for 238 yards and passed for 232 - exactly where coach White wants the offense to be. The Bulldogs just need to shore up the defense, and if anyone remembers correctly, this is the same issue we had in 2013 - but the 'Dogs ended that reason pretty nicely.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I agree dog that onside kick really got them going and also that 3 and 13 on the first drive was a killer for the Dogs,I thought for sure Athens had him sacked and he squirted out of there.The long TD that was called back really took some air out also.What was the call on that? I never did figure that out ,illegal touching by the receiver ? Although I think the game was out of reach by then.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very impressed when I saw this score on the Columbus news last night.looks like em purple Indians are on to something there in logan land.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I know how bad some of my injun buddies wanted this rematch.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

C-Bolt wrote:I agree dog that onside kick really got them going and also that 3 and 13 on the first drive was a killer for the Dogs,I thought for sure Athens had him sacked and he squirted out of there.The long TD that was called back really took some air out also.What was the call on that? I never did figure that out ,illegal touching by the receiver ? Although I think the game was out of reach by then.
The killer was when it was tied with 3 mins to go in the half and Athens fumble. I thought if Athens scored there and they had the ball to start the half Athens would pull away but inexperience mistakes. Anyone know what Zanesville has? I saw they barely beat Newark
I see good things out of both teams. Hopefully both make the playoffs

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

It appears the Chiefs had a pretty nice night. I think we once and for all can answer the question why the tvc has no interest in real football programs like Jackson and Logan. The small but mighty SEOAL once again rules in football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Watched the Zanesville/Newark game on TV today.

Athens can win this game. Bulldogs passing will be too much.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

After watching the grandson score his first Varsity TD as a Soph. last night in a 21-0 victory ( and was the leading pass receiver and second leading rusher) my thoughts are today --

1. Athens will win alot of games in the minor leagues ( Points for the Chiefs)

2. The downside is they may not make the playoffs at 8-2 and 7-3 is a huge gamble because of the weak TVC

3. Logan is on point to win at least 7 games and 8 may well be doable. Maybe 9-1. Playoffs are possible.

4. The D "appears" weak but thats because of Spread Os used that are harder for Chiefs to defend. Look for a shut out soon.

5. Logan will only get stronger as the season wears on. They are going to score alot with Little at the controls.

6.Coaching has settled in at Logan. Burke as the DC should make a big difference this year.

7. As projected, Logan will manhandle lots of teams this year -- big,strong, fast and well coached. They will be tough to beat

8. Look for underclassmen to play as Burke starts a dynasty. Talent is on the way up

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan's kicking game was god awful compared to Athens

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Logan's kicking game was god awful compared to Athens
Logan special teams were a mess.

Poo Bear